• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2017 ECSF Washington Caps vs. Pittsburgh Pens

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, DickieDunn said:

That was more Niskanen trying to brace against Crosby sliding into him than anything else.  Bad result, but I can't see any malicious intent there.  If he gets suspended, it'll only be because Uncle Gary's Golden Boy got hurt on the play.  Anyone else is hurt like that and he probably doesn't even get the game.

More then what Crosby got for taking a guys finger off.

So far everyone on the capitals side, the media, NHL analysts, and basically anybody with a brain say It wasn't a malicious hit. But to the Penguins and their fans, Niskanen should never play hockey again, he should pay for Crosby's kids college tuition, the Caps should forfeit the rest of the series, and be forced to give Alex Ovechkin to Las Vegas. :lol:

I think I summed up their reaction. 

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Yeah he won't get suspended.. a 5 and a game already seems too harsh. Really it's ovi's fault for clipping the back of crosbys foot (also seemed unintentional). If Crosby isn't falling as he's hit, it's at worst a 2 min cross check and even that sounds like a weak call in a playoff game imo. 

Caps have to take Game 4 to have a shot. Looked like a heartbreaker/collapse last night. Need to ride the win to have a shot and Holtby needs to play perfect.

9 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

That was more Niskanen trying to brace against Crosby sliding into him than anything else.  Bad result, but I can't see any malicious intent there.  If he gets suspended, it'll only be because Uncle Gary's Golden Boy got hurt on the play.  Anyone else is hurt like that and he probably doesn't even get the game.

Honestly if that wasn't Crosby I don't even see how that's a penalty. How many times has this happened before and there was no injury and you don't even see this?

1 hour ago, BadgerBob said:

Honestly if that wasn't Crosby I don't even see how that's a penalty. How many times has this happened before and there was no injury and you don't even see this?

You haven't seen the right replay then

4 hours ago, amato said:

Yeah he won't get suspended.. a 5 and a game already seems too harsh. Really it's ovi's fault for clipping the back of crosbys foot (also seemed unintentional). If Crosby isn't falling as he's hit, it's at worst a 2 min cross check and even that sounds like a weak call in a playoff game imo. 

No suspension and I've heard many suggesting Ovechkin is more to blame than Niskanen.  Ovie wacked him in the head first and clipped his feet, sending him into that position.  I can get behind a minor penalty or no penalty at all on Ovie, but nothing more.  It is clear though, the Caps as a team, targeted him...especially if you listen to Trotz.

The cross check looked brutal, but not necessarily on purpose....however, if you consider the way Niskanen has been playing Crosby the first 2 games, you never know.

Just now, toby91_ca said:

No suspension and I've heard many suggesting Ovechkin is more to blame than Niskanen.  Ovie wacked him in the head first and clipped his feet, sending him into that position.  I can get behind a minor penalty or no penalty at all on Ovie, but nothing more.  It is clear though, the Caps as a team, targeted him...especially if you listen to Trotz.

The cross check looked brutal, but not necessarily on purpose....however, if you consider the way Niskanen has been playing Crosby the first 2 games, you never know.

The Caps should thank god that Godard has retired otherwise Niskanen and/or OV would have looked a bit different after the game, such a distry team. Hopefully the Pens make it quick and short with them now.

19 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

True, we can never know for sure what was going through his mind. But, it seemed more reactionary than anything else. 

And yeah, Niskanen is definitely playing with a bit of an edge but (not trying to condone the cross check or anything like that) you kind of have to against Crosby. He's too good and the best way to restrict him is to not give him any space. 

17 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

The Caps should thank god that Godard has retired otherwise Niskanen and/or OV would have looked a bit different after the game, such a distry team. Hopefully the Pens make it quick and short with them now.

Oh right, because the penguins have been complete saints all series long.. playoff hockey gets chippy. It's going both ways. This time there was just an unfortunate result. 

58 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

LOL.  Jean-Luc Godard?  Dude, there's like two enforcers left in the league.  You may as well say the Pens are lucky that Brashear and Erskine don't play for the Capitals.  

That's a joke he wasn't suspended theirs absolutely no consistency in the league. 3 games would be fair. Cross check to the side of the head, causes concussion. The league has already made suspensions on incidental head contact even if you believe he didn't purposely deliver a reckless high cross check. And the two hander slash by Ovechkin just previous. Caps are frauds it's the only chance they have in this series

I know this board hates Crosby for some reason but imagine if that happened to Z in a pivotal game 3 with all the momentum and now possibly questioning his career going forward

31 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

That's a joke he wasn't suspended theirs absolutely no consistency in the league. 3 games would be fair. Cross check to the side of the head, causes concussion. The league has already made suspensions on incidental head contact even if you believe he didn't purposely deliver a reckless high cross check. And the two hander slash by Ovechkin just previous. Caps are frauds it's the only chance they have in this series

I know this board hates Crosby for some reason but imagine if that happened to Z in a pivotal game 3 with all the momentum and now possibly questioning his career going forward

Niskanen had his hands directly in front of him about belly height.  In what way is that a reckless high cross check?

7 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Niskanen had his hands directly in front of him about belly height.  In what way is that a reckless high cross check?

He was putting him to the ground with a cross check. Whether he knew he would hit his head directly is deabateable. Fact remains incidental contact is still suspension worthy. We've seen it before. You can't skate around accidentally concussing people with cross checks. He should be held accountable

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

And I assume Hornqvist should be suspended also based on his attempt to injure and happened to hit a teammate instead of the Caps player? His stick is parallel to the ice on contact which indicates a crosscheck.  http://nhl.nbcsports.com/athlete/conor-sheary/

Wow this Pittsburgh writer's article is beyond belief...http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/02/trotz-calls-accusations-against-caps-ridiculous/

I seem to remember the board up in arms when Weber used a Hulk Hogan move on Z and never even served a penalty minute( I think). Way different then a crosscheck IMHO hitting a head accidentally. I didn't think it was targeting but we are entitled to our opinions.

Issue is with Sid is that once the noggin gets bounced around hard enough it doesn't take much to re-injure. For reference see Mr Eric Lindros. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

OK, watched  (the very biased) replay of the hit. First of all Ovi should have gotten a penalty for his slash, that was vicious. 2nd, Niskanen should not have even gotten a penalty. 3rd, the called 2 minutes for cross checking, then after seeing the scoreboard replay (which arenas are not allowed to replay penalties on the scoreboard) they changed the call to 5 and a game...bulls*** all over. This is why I hate Crosby and the way the NHL treats him. You make a call, stick with the call. I wasn't even aware they could change a call. The only reason they changed it is because they watched the slow motion replay on the scoreboard. The refs should be fined, the arena should be fined. Can't do too much about the playing time, but the penalty minutes should be rescinded.

It's bulls*** like this that if Crosby is out for the playoffs and Pitt gets eliminated, i wont feel sorry for either of them. it was an unfortunate event that resulted in the head being hit. Was not on purpose, there was no intention or malicious act. How many times has Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, for example, been hit, in more malicious ways only to not have a result like this? Or even lessor players? Ask that guys finger how it feels about Crosby's concussion...not saying he deserves it, but it's just bulls*** that the NHL coddle's him and that team.

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

LOL.  Jean-Luc Godard?  Dude, there's like two enforcers left in the league.  You may as well say the Pens are lucky that Brashear and Erskine don't play for the Capitals.  

No it's Eric Godard aside from Sid the kid the most entertaining player the Pens have had, sadly they've send him down and then he reitred.