• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2017 ECSF Washington Caps vs. Pittsburgh Pens

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, amato said:

Wow, maybe the clip is too short to really see what the play was, but that just seems unnecessary on Crosbys part.. he's gotta be smarter than that. 

I thought the same, I can't tell where the puck is, does Holtby plays it or goes to trip Cindey?

as you say not a smart play by Crosby

12 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

I thought the same, I can't tell where the puck is, does Holtby plays it or goes to trip Cindey?

as you say not a smart play by Crosby

Yeah, looking at it more, it looks like holtby fires the puck away. I get going hard at the net but he seems to put himself in an avoidable vulnerable position imo. 

Hard to stop your natural tendencies. Crosby has been going hard to the net or being told to probably most of his life. At this point its sheer instinct ...opening to get close to net and score you do it without thinking. I think Holtby played the puck and Crosby caught the stick or a piece of Holtby's gear and loses his footing. After that it's simply physics an object remains in motion till an opposite or equal force acts upon it in this case the boards. 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Hard to stop your natural tendencies. Crosby has been going hard to the net or being told to probably most of his life. At this point its sheer instinct ...opening to get close to net and score you do it without thinking. I think Holtby played the puck and Crosby caught the stick or a piece of Holtby's gear and loses his footing. After that it's simply physics an object remains in motion till an opposite or equal force acts upon it in this case the boards. 

Right, it's hard to fault a guy for going hard to the net.. that's something everyone should have been taught to do. I just don't know how much more he can take.