• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

2017 ECSF Washington Caps vs. Pittsburgh Pens

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Fans in DC...So uptight right now...I bet their butts are eating it's underwear.

Nothing against the guy, but has he ever been known for his play outside of shooting pucks?

Nah, he really hasn't.. it is known. But his defensive play has improved a lot under Trotz. 

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Nothing against the guy, but has he ever been known for his play outside of shooting pucks?

Pretty good passer, just prefers to shoot though because he's the best at it. Although this year he was dishing out a few more than his previous years. 

Edited by kickazz

Just now, TLGTrico said:

The Caps are looking like the Wings with their inability to make crisp passes.

They came out jittery for the 3rd period.  There's something wrong this team mentally.  Adding one Justin Williams doesn't help.  They need to add a bunch of players who have won a Cup before.  

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Is it me, or does half the Pens on the bench look like Kessel?

Or maybe it's Kessel that looks like half the team?

usa-today-8476389.0.jpg

The entire Capitals team should be flogged for their performance in the third period of this game.  They should lose some season ticket holders after a performance like this.  

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Pens-Caps kinda reminds me of that old Wings-Blues rivalry. The Blues had some really good teams and might've won a Cup or two had the Lidstrom Era Wings not been a thing.

Nah.  They were worse than Colorado, Dallas and Jersey.  There were no Cups there for St. Louis, especially with their goalie problem.

The Capitals are in a predicament.  Obviously, they're not going to blow up a two time consecutive Presidents Trophy winner.  At the same time, what do you do to improve this roster? 

Just now, F.Michael said:

Call me crazy, but I'd seriously consider moving #8.

It's easy to make him the scapegoat, but his playoff numbers have been good in his career.  His numbers in the playoffs against the Pens have been over a PPG in his career.  He wasn't impressive in these playoffs, though. His teammates have never impressed me in the playoffs. Neither is the coaching.  Boudreau and Trotz are not playoff winners.

Caps shut out 2-0 in a Game 7 in their own arena with a trip to the Conference Final on the line. Now that's clutch. What a joke that team is. This was the best roster they've had since they became "contenders" again. If they can't get it done with that roster, they never will.

Damn Pens. Only Ottawa stands in their way of another trip to the Finals. I see them lasting 5 games. The Pens may just repeat.

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As of now - the Maple Leafs will win the Cup before the Caps.

Glad I'm not the only one huffing glue tonight :crazy:

On a serious note - I totally agree...This Caps team was arguably 1 of the best on paper...As unpopular as it might be - moving Ovie might be their best option to acquire players that might help getting them their 1st Cup.

That would have been true a few years ago, but he's getting older and didn't score that many goals this season for his standards. I guess it all depends on what they can get for him.

11 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As of now - the Maple Leafs will win the Cup before the Caps.

Glad I'm not the only one huffing glue tonight :crazy:

On a serious note - I totally agree...This Caps team was arguably 1 of the best on paper...As unpopular as it might be - moving Ovie might be their best option to acquire players that might help getting them their 1st Cup.

And they have to do that now while he still has a huge amount of value.

Alexander Ovechkin is -2 in game 7 on hom area, directly responsible for both goals.
What else can you tell about that great player and captain?

No Cup for you, Шурик! :)

Ovie was the only -2 tonight.  I'm not a big Ovechkin fan, but I do feel bad for him because all the talk will be that he can't beat Crosby.  But is not fair to put this all on him.  The reality is that a winger does not really move the needle that much in terms of carrying a team, centers are far more important.  Almost similar to Hull in a way, he'll score a ton of goals, but not control the pace of a game and carrying a team to either wins or losses....for the most part anyway.

27 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Caps shut out 2-0 in a Game 7 in their own arena with a trip to the Conference Final on the line. Now that's clutch. What a joke that team is. This was the best roster they've had since they became "contenders" again. If they can't get it done with that roster, they never will.

Damn Pens. Only Ottawa stands in their way of another trip to the Finals. I see them lasting 5 games. The Pens may just repeat.

there is no might they will there is no other team that will take them down im all for the preds but they wont take them 

40 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Nah.  They were worse than Colorado, Dallas and Jersey.  There were no Cups there for St. Louis, especially with their goalie problem.

The Capitals are in a predicament.  Obviously, they're not going to blow up a two time consecutive Presidents Trophy winner.  At the same time, what do you do to improve this roster? 

St. Louis could have won a Cup or two had Cujo stuck around. With a past his prime Grant Fuhr and Jon Casey, they def weren't winning anything.

3 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

there is no might they will there is no other team that will take them down im all for the preds but they wont take them 

We can hope. Lol Of course it would be the Pens who take over the title of last team to win back to back Cups from Detroit. Maybe the Wings shouldn't have blown it in 2009 after going up 2-0. Man, losing that series still bugs me.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

St. Louis could have won a Cup or two had Cujo stuck around. With a past his prime Grant Fuhr and Jon Casey, they def weren't winning anything.

We can hope. Lol Of course it would be the Pens who take over the title of last team to win back to back Cups from Detroit. Maybe the Wings shouldn't have blown it in 2009 after going up 2-0. Man, losing that series still bugs me.

o me too buddy i remember being heartbrokn and i hated that year in general