• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Wings In Running For Victor Ejdsell

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Now we know how fans of those teams felt about us  for 20 years.

Holland just needs to make this teammore attractive to free agents. The new building will help, but he needs to dump these players making too much money so he can actually outbid a team now and then. He needs to dump as much salary as he can to be in on the Bishop sweeps. One big name will draw more interest. 

I remember a story from Roenick back when he signed with the Flyers. He was absolutely the best ufa available that year and his story was Philly and Detroit offered him the exact same contracts. He chose Philly because he felt they had more of a chance to win...then Detroit traded for Hasek. He said had they traded for Hasek before he agreed to go to Philly, he would've chosen Detroit instead. 

My point is all Holland has to do is acquire one big name, big game player and that will attract more. Who would a big name ufa rather play in front of, old man Howard an inconsistent unproven Mrazek or Ben Bishop?

Story is bulls***, considering we traded for Hasek on June 30th and Roenick signed with Philly on July 2nd. And I don't know about "absolutely the best ufa". Mogilny, Robitaille, Hull, and Turgeon would argue with that.

Also, you're highly over-rating Bishop. 

Also also hilariously over-concerned about our failure to sign an undrafted FA whose potential signing you considered facepalm-worthy two weeks ago. No amount of hypocrisy should stand in the way of a good bitchrant, I guess.

Edited by Buppy

11 hours ago, Buppy said:

Story is bulls***, considering we traded for Hasek on June 30th and Roenick signed with Philly on July 2nd. And I don't know about "absolutely the best ufa". Mogilny, Robitaille, Hull, and Turgeon would argue with that.

Also also hilariously over-concerned about our failure to sign an undrafted FA whose potential signing you considered facepalm-worthy two weeks ago. No amount of hypocrisy should stand in the way of a good bitchrant, I guess.

http://amarillo.com/stories/063001/spo_roenick.shtml#.WRNSwvcpDqA

Roenick agreed to a 5 year contract BEFORE we traded for Hasek. The story came out June 30. We traded for Hasek while burning the midnight oil. I went to bed that night we didn't have Hasek, some up for my 5am workshift and the detnews.com had the trade on their website. It happened so late that they couldn't even print it in the paper because it had already gone to press.

So ******* sick of you questioning s*** that I say and saying how wrong I am. Once again, i'm right, So from now on, until you research things that can prove I'm wrong, keep your bulls*** to yourself.

11 hours ago, Buppy said:

...and here's the story of how Roenick became a Flyer. He and his wife were in Detroit considering the contract offer. He got a call from Rick Tochhet while in Detroit and was convinced to come to Philly.

He could have had one already. In June 2001, when Roenick was a free agent, he and Tracy checked out Detroit. They were in a hotel room when a call came from Flyer Rick Tocchet, Roenick's old Coyote buddy. "He needed this type of hockey and this type of city," says Tocchet. "In Philly, people live and die with wins and losses." Half an hour later, Roenick was a Flyer. A year later, Yzerman and the Red Wings won their third Cup in six years. Says Roenick, "I didn't once look at Detroit and say I could have been there. That's how you send yourself to the nuthouse. I made a decision and I stick by it, because I think I can win one here."

http://www.espn.com/magazine/vol5no22roenick.html

So, next time you need to know something, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by LeftWinger

Nowhere am I showing concern about not signing this Swedish guy. Glad he's not coming here. Just commenting on how we used to get everyone and that's how other fans must've felt about us back then. 

Edited by LeftWinger

I have no emotions about this "non-signing". I will however follow him for sure, mostly because of his nonconvential rise to the top. He can clearly play. What's his limit? Curious.

Since he choose not to come here I can't attach his possible success to our flailing team, but I guess I am not alone in thinking that if he were to pan out, what could we have done to convince him to join in retrospect?

Let's just observe a while.

Edjsell has signed a 2 year contract with HV71 (Article in Swedish)
And the rumor that places Ejdsell with Nashville Predators? - There is interest, absolutely. But my focus is on the HV.
Despite some places reporting him choosing Nashville, still seems pretty up in the air to me

My guess would be that the HV71 contract would have an 'Out' clause in it, which would terminate the contract if he either signs with, or makes the roster of an NHL team. The NHL contract might also be structured to allow him to play for HV71 'On Loan' if he doesn't make the NHL roster. This could very well be what's holding things up.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

http://amarillo.com/stories/063001/spo_roenick.shtml#.WRNSwvcpDqA

Roenick agreed to a 5 year contract BEFORE we traded for Hasek. The story came out June 30. We traded for Hasek while burning the midnight oil. I went to bed that night we didn't have Hasek, some up for my 5am workshift and the detnews.com had the trade on their website. It happened so late that they couldn't even print it in the paper because it had already gone to press.

So ******* sick of you questioning s*** that I say and saying how wrong I am. Once again, i'm right, So from now on, until you research things that can prove I'm wrong, keep your bulls*** to yourself.

...and here's the story of how Roenick became a Flyer. He and his wife were in Detroit considering the contract offer. He got a call from Rick Tochhet while in Detroit and was convinced to come to Philly.

http://www.espn.com/magazine/vol5no22roenick.html

So, next time you need to know something, don't hesitate to ask.

Nowhere am I showing concern about not signing this Swedish guy. Glad he's not coming here. Just commenting on how we used to get everyone and that's how other fans must've felt about us back then. 

Lol, so sensitive. I didn't realize that you have been wrong so frequently in the past that my correcting you was becoming an irritating pattern. I guess my memory is clouded by all your embarrassing histrionics and rampant bigotry. I apologize if I've bothered you.

I stand corrected on this one. The deal wasn't official until the 2nd, so I was confused. (Though the quote, "I didn't once look at Detroit and say I could have been there." doesn't seem to fit your story. But I concede regardless.)

And OK, you're not upset about this guy specifically. You're just using it as a forum to vent your frustrations about our ability to sign free agents in general, because we used to get everyone. Like Roenick. Thanks for the clarification.

His quote meant he didn't look at Detroit winning and regret that he could've been there, because he followed it up with that would drive himself nuts and he made a decision and stuck with it.

I'm right more than wrong. The only thing irritating is every time I say something you troll it and say how wrong I am, without finding out before you open your mouth. 

Nothing I say embarrasses me, right or wrong. Also I'm not a bigot. But guess what keep your opinion, because I know better. With Fedorov and Lidstrom as two if my favorite players, I don't see what you see. I like Z, Hedman, Ovechkin. I dislike  McDavid, Crosby and Helm along with Franzen, Nyquist, Ericsson and Howard. What exactly am I a bigot towards?

You can not answer that if you don't want to, because I'd hate for you to be wrong again.

Not once have you corrected me, so get over yourself.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Has this guy done anything in the NHL?

per wikipedia:

On 5 May 2017, NBC Sports reported that Ejdsell signed an entry-level contract with the Nashville Predators of the NHL, after being pursued by several other NHL franchises such as the Detroit Red Wings and the Chicago Blackhawks.[3] Before official confirmation, Ejdsell made clear his intentions to continue his development in Sweden by agreeing to a two-year contract with newly crowned champions, HV71 of the SHL on 10 May 2017.[4] Ejdsell was later revealed by the Predators to have signed a two-year, entry-level deal on 15 May 2017.[5] On 26 February 2018, the Predators traded Ejdsell along with first-round and fourth-round picks in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Ryan Hartman and a fifth-round pick in 2018.[6]