• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

2017 ECSF New York Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I honestly hope this happens.

I could care less about he 'big markets', and their influence on the ratings...I'll tune in regardless.

You and like two other people living in the Midwest.  The point is, with the Rangers out of the picture, the league just lost its biggest TV market.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Another year without a Cup for Lundqvist. Have wanted him to win one for a bit now, and it's usually his team that lets him down. Not this season though, the loss was just as much his fault. I figure his window to win one is closed as a Ranger. He's gonna be 36 next year and his play is declining. No longer the difference maker they need him to be. 

9 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Would be cool to see the Sens make the Finals, they're probably the only Canadian team I'd like to see win the Cup. I dunno if they can take out the Caps or Pens though.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Let me start by saying that I didn't watch much of the NYR post season...That said - what I did see is a shaky Lundqvist...He looked outta sorts this series against the Sens.

Yeah I didn't watch much either, but from what I've read, he was shaky. The Rags needed him on top of his game to take Game 6, and he didn't show up.

12 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

At this point...How awesome would it be to see a Sens/Oilers Cup Final (although I'm sorta pulling to see the Preds make it it).

1986 1989 - last time 2 Canadian based clubs in the Finals...Would be special if it were to happen.

I was rooting for a Oilers/Leafs, but that^ I'd like.

Good day for hockey tomorrow both games are gonna be thrilling. I just hope they don't overlap too much

1 minute ago, amato said:

Damn. Karlsson is a beast. 

isn't he playing injured? 

4 minutes ago, brett said:

yes fractured ankle or something

he is good. i dont think he is close defensively as lidstrom was but hes ******* good. may develop more while he matures. only 26!

Yeah craziest part about him is his age to talent level. He may very well end up being the best active defenseman in the league for a long time. Especially with the way defense has been trending toward more of a quick skating/puck moving style.

Whenever the wings are out i cheer for the rangers because king henrik has been my favorite goalie for years. Sadly i think his window to win a cup in ny has closed but i could see him going somewhere like dom did to try to win a cup at some point. He is still a very good goalie. I mean he just out dueled price. AV lost this series in part like how blashill would have...playing the wrong players at the wrong time. In game 2 in the dying minute he had marc stall on the ice and he messes up and the sens tie the game. Game 5, same thing. Kind of reminds me of blashill coaching. Which is odd because AV is usually very good and i like him but he was no doubt out coached in this series.

I am kinda hoping for Oil/Sens matchup be kinda neat.

Although a Preds/Caps could be somewhat entertaining.  Being only 3 hours from Nashville might be tempted to see about grabbing a ticket for s*its and giggles and ask Preds fans why do you throw the catfish and get that blank look in their eye as they say "I don't know"

Karlsson is the 2nd best Swedish defensmen OAT already. If he can take his game to another level still then idk man could come close. At this point Lidstrom is another level better just as an all around elite defensemen. Add that to his huge list of accolades and Karlsson has a looooong way to go but he's only 26

54 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Karlsson is the 2nd best Swedish defensmen OAT already. If he can take his game to another level still then idk man could come close. At this point Lidstrom is another level better just as an all around elite defensemen. Add that to his huge list of accolades and Karlsson has a looooong way to go but he's only 26

Agreed. Karlsson is well on his way to becoming, if not already, the 2nd best Swedish D-man of all time. Karlsson has started blocking a lot more shots this season too.

I think Karlsson is a bit more offensively dynamic than Lidstrom, and would have made a great forward. But with Lidstrom you can watch just his defensive highlights and be entertained by the level of skill. Karlsson doesn't have that elite shutdown ability IMO.

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

15 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I can invite those other 2 over for scotch/bourbon, and cigars to watch the game...Won't cost me much since I have a nice stash of both :crazy:

Honestly - I could give 2 f***s about ratings.

It's not like the NHL is some virgin league with only 10 or so years of history - it's been around for a century, and if people need some large market team to attract them - well screw'em.

I chose the Wings as my team years ago courtesy of the fact that they have a rich history, they're a rival to Chicago, the folks in Michigan are similar to us Cheeseheads, and at the time they were an underdog, but had some flavorful characters on their squad.

This notion that there needs be be a large market attraction in order to garner interest reeks of the other leagues that I loathe...Sure - the NYR would've attracted more attention here in the USA, but on a personal level - I could care less, and will congratulate the Sens for their accomplishment.

Better make it a blended scotch if that's going to be the Final.  

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Agreed. Karlsson is well on his way to becoming, if not already, the 2nd best Swedish D-man of all time. Karlsson has started blocking a lot more shots this season too.

I think Karlsson is a bit more offensively dynamic than Lidstrom, and would have made a great forward. But with Lidstrom you can watch just his defensive highlights and be entertained by the level of skill. Karlsson doesn't have that elite shutdown ability IMO.

Ya Karlsson is a better skater and stickhandler but Lidstrom could put up close to Karlsson numbers while being the best defensive shut down guy in the league

Ya the CBC announcer mentioned Karlsson lead the league in blocked shots I couldn't believe it. His defensive game has come a very long way but as a 1 on 1 defender he's pretty average

20 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Whenever the wings are out i cheer for the rangers because king henrik has been my favorite goalie for years. Sadly i think his window to win a cup in ny has closed but i could see him going somewhere like dom did to try to win a cup at some point. He is still a very good goalie. I mean he just out dueled price. AV lost this series in part like how blashill would have...playing the wrong players at the wrong time. In game 2 in the dying minute he had marc stall on the ice and he messes up and the sens tie the game. Game 5, same thing. Kind of reminds me of blashill coaching. Which is odd because AV is usually very good and i like him but he was no doubt out coached in this series.

Yeah Lundqvist's best option is a  trade to a top contender, either offseason or deadline deal. Deadline seems more realistic though. Pull a Bourque. No Cup with Boston in his long career there. Traded to the Avs, got his Cup and retired. Probly be hard for him to leave NY, but you gotta do what you gotta do. He should honestly have a Cup or two by now, but the team in front of him didn't want it as bad I guess. I remember how pissed he was losing that 2015 Conference Final to Tampa in 7 games smashing his stick over the crossbar.

15 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah Lundqvist's best option is a  trade to a top contender, either offseason or deadline deal. Deadline seems more realistic though. Pull a Bourque. No Cup with Boston in his long career there. Traded to the Avs, got his Cup and retired. Probly be hard for him to leave NY, but you gotta do what you gotta do. He should honestly have a Cup or two by now, but the team in front of him didn't want it as bad I guess. I remember how pissed he was losing that 2015 Conference Final to Tampa in 7 games smashing his stick over the crossbar.

Don't worry Hank, we got you this year, we're going to add THE Brendan Smith at the deadline. That'll put us over the top.