No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Kucherov says some Tampa players "got their money and stopped working"

Rate this topic

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Who is making this argument?

I will. Kucherov is full of s***.

Stamkos and Hedman both recently signed big contracts. But Stamkos was hurt all year (after a very good start) and Hedman had his best season. Killorn had a career high in goals this year. Total points were down, but only slightly. Coburn seems to have had a pretty normal year. Vasilevskiy had a decent year.

Stralman and Garrison had down years, but both are several years into their contracts. Johnson and Palat are in their last year. Filppula was in his next to last. And none of them were down all that much really.

Callahan maybe, but would have made way more sense to say it last year, since he was injured most of this year. 

So unless he's saying Stamkos could have come back from his injury if he'd worked harder, the comment doesn't make much sense. Sounds like a bitter little ***** throwing his team under the bus because he's mad they didn't make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Buppy said:

I will. Kucherov is full of s***.

Stamkos and Hedman both recently signed big contracts. But Stamkos was hurt all year (after a very good start) and Hedman had his best season. Killorn had a career high in goals this year. Total points were down, but only slightly. Coburn seems to have had a pretty normal year. Vasilevskiy had a decent year.

Stralman and Garrison had down years, but both are several years into their contracts. Johnson and Palat are in their last year. Filppula was in his next to last. And none of them were down all that much really.

Callahan maybe, but would have made way more sense to say it last year, since he was injured most of this year. 

So unless he's saying Stamkos could have come back from his injury if he'd worked harder, the comment doesn't make much sense. Sounds like a bitter little ***** throwing his team under the bus because he's mad they didn't make the playoffs.

Yeah, I was just about to post something to this effect. His assertion -- assuming it was translated properly -- doesn't seem to match reality.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So you're saying, when a player says it, it could be true...when a fan says it, it's never happens...I think that's what I said already, but thanks. 

BTW, nyquist didn't have head problems, and I've blamed him for getting his money and taking it easy too. Franzen wasn't the only one. But in Franzens case, before anyone knew of his concussion problem, there was more than just me that was more than mad at his floating around and showing lack of interest. When it came out that the head was his problem, even i stopped. The reason it seemed like I've always bashed him is because I started disliking him somewhere around 09, well before everybody else.

But don't you just hate when I'm on the right track about things when you try so hard to show that I'm wrong? :lol:

Even now you're trying to turn this story into me still being totally off base. Hey maybe Kucherov and I are colluding about this. 

I can really relate to what you're saying here, Lefty. Its like how I was the first person to start calling you out for your ill-informed viewpoint and wildy irrational behavior, but then others caught on and now everyone thinks you're a joke! It sure does feel good to know that I was right all along!

BTW, I think its hilarious that you refer to yourself as a "super fan" considering how many times you've threatened to stop following theWings and throw all your jerseys in the trash.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Disagree. They might have the Wings regular season number, but in the 2015 playoffs the Wings took them to 7. A lot of that had to do with Mrazek keeping them in a series they had no business going that far in ( 3-4, 2.11 gaa, .925 sv%, 14 ga, 2 shutouts). The Wings have them a huge scare. Tampa only won Game 7 2-0. 2016 playoffs, which they BACKED INTO, Blash started Howard, who was replaced after two losses ( 3.59 gaa, 891 sv%, 7 ga) Mrazek went 1-2 with a 1.36 gaa, .945 sv%, 4 ga, and 1 shutout after that. Had Mrazek started that series, who knows what the outcome may have been.

I agree. Went to Game 7 and we weren't embarrassed at all. Just a night of bad bounces.

I reckon these comments may be more a frustration of a Stanley Cup final, to a conference final, to missing the playoffs altogether. If after the final he felt the team didn't change or try to improve and inevitably went backward or were overtaken by other teams, then missing the playoffs this year probably hit him hard.

4 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

I can really relate to what you're saying here, Lefty. Its like how I was the first person to start calling you out for your ill-informed viewpoint and wildy irrational behavior, but then others caught on and now everyone thinks you're a joke! It sure does feel good to know that I was right all along!

BTW, I think its hilarious that you refer to yourself as a "super fan" considering how many times you've threatened to stop following theWings and throw all your jerseys in the trash.

Uh....never said I'd throw all my jerseys in the trash. Don't recall saying I'd permanently stop following them...maybe stop watching until a change was made. But maybe in a fit of emotional, I may have. It's easy to remember what you write when you have 1000 posts, but it's hard to remember everything ever written in 11,000+...but you're probably right. There, see how easy it is, I can admit when someone is on to something, funny how it doesn't always work that way though. Some folks just cannot stand being wrong and feel much embarrassment and have to try to tear down someone else to direct attention away from them. They have therapy for that...Have a super night! cheerio!

Don't strain your bandwidth trying to find evidence of me saying what you said I said, I already admitted you are probably right, I may have said something like it on a particular emotional night...

4 hours ago, Wing Across The Pond said:

I agree. Went to Game 7 and we weren't embarrassed at all. Just a night of bad bounces.

I reckon these comments may be more a frustration of a Stanley Cup final, to a conference final, to missing the playoffs altogether. If after the final he felt the team didn't change or try to improve and inevitably went backward or were overtaken by other teams, then missing the playoffs this year probably hit him hard.

He's probably mad because he took a huge discounted deal, while others got PAID, yet he feels he outperformed them...or maybe he's right. I hope he isn't talking Hedman, I like that kid...

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Uh....never said I'd throw all my jerseys in the trash. Don't recall saying I'd permanently stop following them...maybe stop watching until a change was made. But maybe in a fit of emotional, I may have. It's easy to remember what you write when you have 1000 posts, but it's hard to remember everything ever written in 11,000+...but you're probably right. There, see how easy it is, I can admit when someone is on to something, funny how it doesn't always work that way though. Some folks just cannot stand being wrong and feel much embarrassment and have to try to tear down someone else to direct attention away from them. They have therapy for that...Have a super night! cheerio!

Don't strain your bandwidth trying to find evidence of me saying what you said I said, I already admitted you are probably right, I may have said something like it on a particular emotional night...

He's probably mad because he took a huge discounted deal, while others got PAID, yet he feels he outperformed them...or maybe he's right. I hope he isn't talking Hedman, I like that kid...

I get the frustration. You take a discount to play for a contender, and then don't even make the playoffs. With that being said, leave that crap in house, don't use the media to vent.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I dont need to look it up, I could never forget something so hilarious. It was after we lost game 4 in the 1st round of the 2008 playoffs. It was particularly funny seeing as how we went on to win the series and the cup. Classic!

2 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

I dont need to look it up, I could never forget something so hilarious. It was after we lost game 4 in the 1st round of the 2008 playoffs. It was particularly funny seeing as how we went on to win the series and the cup. Classic!

Funny, I don't recall even posting in that thread....oh wait, I didn't.

On 2017-04-28 at 0:03 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Our player union has worked to do better than that. Im no union guy but im glad for them. Theyre the ones playing and also risking injury.

Actually I agree. Just pointing out how crazy it is that NFL owners can just release a contract whenever they like. What kind of contract is that where you're guaranteed nothing. I know some top players have guaranteed money nowadays but it's nothing compared to the full contract

I do think NHL owners should have a little more wiggle room with contracts though.

10 hours ago, Bannedforlife said:

Well, Hasek did get lit up, and Osgood hadn't played in a playoff series since 2004 with St.Louis. I was very optimistic he could get it done, but I can def see how some weren't. But burning jerseys? Lol

36 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Well, Hasek did get lit up, and Osgood hadn't played in a playoff series since 2004 with St.Louis. I was very optimistic he could get it done, but I can def see how some weren't. But burning jerseys? Lol

We werent even behind in the series! It was tied at 2 and we were headed back home for game 5! Like, how much more can a person be an irrational, knee-jerk cry baby?! All im saying is that if youre gonna threaten to quit the team and start burning s***, you better make sure your team doesnt win the freaking STANLEY CUP!

5 minutes ago, Bannedforlife said:

We werent even behind in the series! It was tied at 2 and we were headed back home for game 5! Like, how much more can a person be an irrational, knee-jerk cry baby?! All im saying is that if youre gonna threaten to quit the team and start burning s***, you better make sure your team doesnt win the freaking STANLEY CUP!

Never happened. I was probably a bit emotional losing 2 in a row, reaching the thread a lot of people  were in that GDT. But I didn't even post in it once, let alone act like a "knee-jerk cry baby" in that thread. Not one post before during or after the game. Let me know when you find it...there 57 pages to look through.

You say you know it happened, but it's not there. Sucks when you're embarrassed doesn't it? I've been there, difference is I can admit when I'm wrong. 

Edited by LeftWinger

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Never happened. I was probably a bit emotional losing 2 in a row, reaching the thread a lot of people  were in that GDT. But I didn't even post in it once, let alone act like a "knee-jerk cry baby" in that thread. Not one post before during or after the game. Let me know when you find it...there 57 pages to look through.

You say you know it happened, but it's not there. Sucks when you're embarrassed doesn't it? I've been there, difference is I can admit when I'm wrong. 

Oh, ok. I must have you confused with a different poster. I think her name was LeftWingette... I always get you two mixed up. That chick was always acting a fool...

(See what I did there? Like how you used to refer to players you dont like by girls names. Pretty funny, huh?)

1 hour ago, Bannedforlife said:

Oh, ok. I must have you confused with a different poster. I think her name was LeftWingette... I always get you two mixed up. That chick was always acting a fool...

(See what I did there? Like how you used to refer to players you dont like by girls names. Pretty funny, huh?)

Huh....still no evidence from that thread, eh?

You aren't burning me, I called him Francine I do believe. Far, far, FAR from burning jerseys. You may as well stop the madness, your digging yourself deeper. I already said, I take my medicine when needed, if it was somewhere in the 57 pages, I'd take the hit, but you stated matter of fact that I blew a gasket after Game 4 round 1 2008...just admit it, you were wrong. I never said I've never had a fit of emotion, I admit I've had more than my share. But you remembered exactly when you started calling me out...but alas, I guess you didn't quite remember...

I liked Franzia better than Francine.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, Bannedforlife said:

I agree with this, but Nashville was gaining momentum. I remember after one of their goals in Game 4 (may have been the one that got Hasek pulled permanently), The players on their bench were hurling insults at Hasek, saying he was an "old f***" and he was finished and to retire. They knew he was slipping and far from what he used to be. He used to intimidate opponents, but the Preds weren't intimidated. They just laughed. I'm glad Babs made the change to Ozzie when he did, and kept him there. Many coaches would have started Hasek next game.

16 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Huh....still no evidence from that thread, eh?

You aren't burning me, I called him Francine I do believe. Far, far, FAR from burning jerseys. You may as well stop the madness, your digging yourself deeper. I already said, I take my medicine when needed, if it was somewhere in the 57 pages, I'd take the hit, but you stated matter of fact that I blew a gasket after Game 4 round 1 2008...just admit it, you were wrong. I never said I've never had a fit of emotion, I admit I've had more than my share. But you remembered exactly when you started calling me out...but alas, I guess you didn't quite remember...

I liked Franzia better than Francine.

Tantrum was probably scrubbed. He doesnt have to find it to prove it to anyone else here, we watch you throw them every year. Move along.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tantrum was probably scrubbed. He doesnt have to find it to prove it to anyone else here, we watch you throw them every year. Move along.

Moved along...I'm not the one(s) who keep bringing it up and quoting. We watch you do the same stuff every year, but under new usernames...