• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

#9 Pick Selections 2007-2016

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

I definitely would be interested in that breakdown.

Its not a total breakdown. What I did was I took the top 20 D-men points wise and broke down where they were drafted. Unlike forwards, the majority were not taken at the top of the draft.

Here is it:

1/20 drafted in top 5

2/20 drafted between 6-10

3/20 drafted between 11-15

1/20 drafted between 16-30

13/20 drafted out of the first round/not drafted

1) Erik Karlsson -15th overall

2) Brent Burns – 20th overall

3) Kris Letang – 62nd overall

4) John Klingberg – 131st overall

5) Roman Josi – 38th overall

6) P.K. Subban 43rd overall

7) Oliver Ekman-Larsson – 6th overall

8) Mark Giordano – undrafted

9) Tyson Barrie – 64th overall

10) Ryan Suter – 7th overall

11) Shea Weber – 49th overall

12) Drew Doughty 2nd overall

13) Dustin Byfuglien - 245th overall

14) Brent Seabrook – 14th overall

15) Duncan Keith – 54th overall

16) T.J. Brodie – 114th overall

17) Andrei Markov – 162nd overall

18) Keith Yandle – 105th overall

19) Shayne Gostisbehere – 78th overall

20) Kevin Shattenkirk – 14th overall

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I meant in the draft. No free agents for awhile unless it's a one year deal for deadline fodder

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I'm fine with UFA's if they are superstars (ie. JT), but the chances of that are slim to none so I essentially agree with you.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

The height's not but his waist size is for sure tiny. Would probably fit into a female size 6 for sure.

He's a kid.  Kids gain weight.  Kronwall was 165 when he was drafted.  Zetterberg was small.  So was Datsyuk.  Plus size isn't everything.  Would you rather get hit by an in his prime Konstantinov or Jonathan Ericsson? 

He's a kid.  Kids gain weight.  Kronwall was 165 when he was drafted.  Zetterberg was small.  So was Datsyuk.  Plus size isn't everything.  Would you rather get hit by an in his prime Konstantinov or Jonathan Ericsson? 

Sure he can but all of Kronwall, Datsyuk, Zetterberg were shorter and weighed more than he did. He's almost 6'2 and weighs very little for his height. His BMI is within normal range but it's actually pretty close to underweight. Underweight is <18.5 and he's at 20. 

All I'm saying is he is in fact tiny for his height. You kept pointing out his height and equating it to not being tiny. Last I checked a persons size can also be measured by their weight. And I know you're smart enough to know that but you keep using his height as a parameter to twist your argument. 

And yeah, he can gain weight. I don't really have an issue with his size because with the professional sports workout regimen he can get up to an optimal size if he needed to. All I'm saying is when people call him small, they aren't necessarily wrong. Just pointing it out. 

PS: It's creepy that you call an 18 year old young adult a kid. He's not 8 years old. He's a legal age adult in this country lol. Gaining weight isn't mutually exclusive to "kids". Connor Mcgregor can move up weight classes in MMA as a 28 year old man.  

Edited by kickazz

Kind of a silver lining of our current situation. We need pretty much everything, so we can't really go wrong with any of the top prospects. Gritty forward, skilled forward, play maker, goal scorer, center, winger, offensive defenseman, all-around defenseman... any of it would be great.

Patrick, Hischier, Vilardi, Glass, Mittelstadt, Pettersson, Necas, Suzuki, Tippett, Andersson, Rasmussen, Tolvanen, Kostin, Poehling, Liljegren, Heiskanen, Valimaki, Makar, Foote, Hague...

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Sure he can but all of Kronwall, Datsyuk, Zetterberg were shorter and weighed more than he did. He's almost 6'2 and weighs very little for his height. His BMI is within normal range but it's actually pretty close to underweight. Underweight is <18.5 and he's at 20. 

All I'm saying is he is in fact tiny for his height. You kept pointing out his height and equating it to not being tiny. Last I checked a persons size can also be measured by their weight. And I know you're smart enough to know that but you keep using his height as a parameter to twist your argument. 

And yeah, he can gain weight. I don't really have an issue with his size because with the professional sports workout regimen he can get up to an optimal size if he needed to. All I'm saying is when people call him small, they aren't necessarily wrong. Just pointing it out. 

PS: It's creepy that you call an 18 year old young adult a kid. He's not 8 years old. He's a legal age adult in this country lol. Gaining weight isn't mutually exclusive to "kids". Connor Mcgregor can move up weight classes in MMA as a 28 year old man.  

Skinny isn't the same as tiny.

At 18, you're still a kid, whether you're legally an adult or not.  99% of 18 year old males aren't close to the weight that they're going to be at 22, unless they're fat.  There is no reason to think Petterson wouldn't get up to at least 190, and probably closer to 200 or more.  When I was 18, I was 145 lbs.  When I was 24 I was 185 and not because I got fat, and I wasn't following the workout program of a pro athlete.  I just naturally became stronger as I matured.  

20 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Skinny isn't the same as tiny.

At 18, you're still a kid, whether you're legally an adult or not.  99% of 18 year old males aren't close to the weight that they're going to be at 22, unless they're fat.  There is no reason to think Petterson wouldn't get up to at least 190, and probably closer to 200 or more.  When I was 18, I was 145 lbs.  When I was 24 I was 185 and not because I got fat, and I wasn't following the workout program of a pro athlete.  I just naturally became stronger as I matured.  

Why not? Skinny waist = tiny waist. Skinny arms = tiny bicep circumfernce. Skinny legs = tiny quadricep circumference.

In this case people are obviously talking about him being underweight for the NHL even though they may use the word "tiny or small". You're using semantics for your argument here but we all know that the point is his weight compared to his height is lower than a lot of the prospects out there. 

If he was around 170 and 6'2 it would be one thing but to see someone at 156 and 6'2 is makes you pause for a minute for sure. That's not to say he's going to stay at the weight forever but it's nonetheless a valid thing to look at; the weight/height ratio in him is pretty off. 

The annoying arguments are when you have a prospect who is around 5'11 and 175 and people call the guy small. That's not small at age 18. You can grow an inch or two and gaining 20-25 pounds is fairly easy. But even 175 is just fine for the NHL (Patrick Kane). 

This guy at 6'2 and 156 is legitimately a small/skinny player for the NHL. What's the point of being 6'2 if you weigh 156 and fall like a toothpick while being checked by a 200 lbs+ guy? And if you look at my post history I've always been one of the people who has argued against judging prospects as "small" and have always maintained the stance that gaining weight is not an issue. And I don't think gaining weight for this guy will be a problem either and do think that he can get upto 200 lbs if he wanted to. That's not what I'm arguing. My point is, on paper, he is small. Not in height but in his mass. And if you think mass and "small" or "tiny" are mutually exclusive then https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass  

Edited by kickazz

Because tiny is small. That's hard to change. Skinny is easy to change with the right nutrition and work out regimen.

You're the one who brought up "tiny". 

9 said undersized, which he currently is. Maybe that will change, maybe not. Most likely he's always going to be pretty lanky. 

Yeah, undersized is a good descriptor for him.

It's true, gaining 50 pounds would not be a cake walk for him. Btw Dickie scientifically speaking your story about gaining 50 pounds when you turned 24 isn't because u grew up,  You probably got fat. Maybe not visually obvious.  :lol:

Puberty ends in late teens maybe goes until 19 or 20 in the late bloomers at best and lasts only a couple of years in boys. After that you don't magically gain 50 pounds. If you did, you have some serious metabolic issues. SOME people can gain a dozen or so pounds in their 20s as their metabolism slows, and then more into their 30s but what you're saying is nonsense. But 50+ pound weight gain within 5 years isn't "natural". I'd get checked by a doctor for a giant tumor growth somewhere in your body man. 

Edited by kickazz

Its sounding to me that because of our overall positional problems (aside from wing) the Wings are just going to have to select the best overall available player. Kinda a shame considering this potentially weak draft class. All Im hoping for is we shed some serious salary this offseason...like $8-10 million