• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Vegas Golden Knights

Rate this topic

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if we lose Sproul as well. If he's left unprotected (he will be), I can definitely see him being the most attractive player available from the Wings. I can definitely see him going to any other team and moulding into a very good top 4, power-play quarterback. I'm still hoping Holland will use a mid round pick and / or mid level prospect to get them to take Ericsson off our hands. Or maybe we don't have to give them anything and they take Howard (doubtful)...

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'd be disappointed if we lose Sproul as well. If he's left unprotected (he will be), I can definitely see him being the most attractive player available from the Wings. I can definitely see him going to any other team and moulding into a very good top 4, power-play quarterback. I'm still hoping Holland will use a mid round pick and / or mid level prospect to get them to take Ericsson off our hands. Or maybe we don't have to give them anything and they take Howard (doubtful)...

There was a rumor a while back that Vegas was going to take a lot of goalies so they could control the goalie market this summer. Could be BS as I dont remember the source, but hopefully this is true.

Cap hits for the first couple years should mean nothing for Vegas. They should be going for guys that are either the future, or assets that can translate into future picks at the trade deadline.

A guy like Howard may be a very valuable trade asset come trade deadline 2019 for a contender needing a goalie.

44 minutes ago, kliq said:

There was a rumor a while back that Vegas was going to take a lot of goalies so they could control the goalie market this summer. Could be BS as I dont remember the source, but hopefully this is true.

Cap hits for the first couple years should mean nothing for Vegas. They should be going for guys that are either the future, or assets that can translate into future picks at the trade deadline.

A guy like Howard may be a very valuable trade asset come trade deadline 2019 for a contender needing a goalie.

I posted that article. Source was a Vegas scout who mentioned that the team was considering that strategy, because, for a lot of teams, best player available will be a goalie.

I think it's a smart strategy on a case by case basis. You have to take a player from Detroit, so why not take the most valuable player available? Thats probably going to be Howard in Detroit.

So then you turn around and flip Howard for a better Dman than Sproul, or a better forward than Helm, or the draft picks you want.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I posted that article. Source was a Vegas scout who mentioned that the team was considering that strategy, because, for a lot of teams, best player available will be a goalie.

I think it's a smart strategy on a case by case basis. You have to take a player from Detroit, so why not take the most valuable player available? Thats probably going to be Howard in Detroit.

So then you turn around and flip Howard for a better Dman than Sproul, or a better forward than Helm, or the draft picks you want.

That's right! I remember you posting that.

I could see it happening. If Howard could equal a nice draft pick in his final year, add a veteran presence in net to lean on for the next year or so, plus add salary for a short term to help the team hit the cap floor, that could be a more valuable asset then a #5 or #6 d-man or bottom 6 center/winger.

It's a bit of a gamble taking a bunch of goalies , we seen teams win with average goalies ... iT can backfire 

I seen Brodin,dumba available on the trade front as well as vatanen(not high on him) and dehaan

if we can land dumba who's still only 22 , that would be awesome especially for a nyquist type problem is I think they have a ton of forwards to protect and would want a svechnikov type and I don't think I'd be willing to get rid of svechnikov for him

if we somehow landed trouba and dumba we'd be right back to competing for the division I'd think, depending the cost but it won't happen 

I think Ouellet will be protected.

Every writer is saying Dekeyser, Green, and Jensen. When they all say the same thing it usually means someone in the organization said it. I think protecting Jensen is a blunder.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Every writer is saying Dekeyser, Green, and Jensen. When they all say the same thing it usually means someone in the organization said it. I think protecting Jensen is a blunder.

Agreed. And I like Jensen. I think if XO is exposed, I'd take him for sure if I were vegas... barring any deal being in place of course. 

Edited by amato

47 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I've also seen some mocks with Kronwall being protected. I want to believe there's no chance that happens, but I honestly wouldn't put it past Holland to do it...

I've been saying for weeks now that we should wait until the trade deadline to trade Green, but part of me wants to trade him before the expansion draft, to gain an extra pick, and to be able to protect another defenseman.

I'm not sure who I'd protect between Ouellet and Jensen. I don't think either are any more than 4 / 5 defensemen. I like Jensen because he's a much better skater, and puck mover. I like Ouellet because he's younger, more physical, and probably a little more well rounded. I don't think either would be a huge loss though. Part of me wants to leave Ouellet unprotected so that maybe Vegas would take him over Sproul, who I'd prefer to keep out of all three...

Best case scenario would still be to give up an asset for Vegas to take a bad contract...

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If Holland is able to convince Vegas to take a $4M-$5M contract, plus trade away about $8M-$10M more, before the start of the season, I will be very grateful.

I agree, but we all know it's not going to happen...

Honestly, I'd be shocked if Holland sheds any contracts other than the one that Vegas takes, which will in all likelihood be one of the smaller contracts that we don't want to lose...

If Holland is able to convince Vegas to take a $4M-$5M contract, plus trade away about $8M-$10M more, before the start of the season, I will be very grateful.

Why, so he can use that money to give out contracts that are as bad or worse than the ones he dumps?

We need cap room, but we are not desperate for it this season. I would much rather a guy like Howard who only has 2 years left be allowed to play out his contract, then trading him away with assets to find someone to take him, or buying him out. Now if we get an offer for Howard where we gain, sure take it. If he is picked in the draft, awesome. But I would only give up assets along with the contract dump if LV was taking a guy under contract long term like E or Nieslen, but with Nieslen's NMC that is not happening. Our best bet IMO is to ask LV to take E in the draft and then trade them someone they value that we can part with in exchange for them taking E since I believe this draft is the only way to move E (he has a NTC right?).

On 6/3/2017 at 2:30 PM, kliq said:

We need cap room, but we are not desperate for it this season. I would much rather a guy like Howard who only has 2 years left be allowed to play out his contract, then trading him away with assets to find someone to take him, or buying him out. Now if we get an offer for Howard where we gain, sure take it. If he is picked in the draft, awesome. But I would only give up assets along with the contract dump if LV was taking a guy under contract long term like E or Nieslen, but with Nieslen's NMC that is not happening. Our best bet IMO is to ask LV to take E in the draft and then trade them someone they value that we can part with in exchange for them taking E since I believe this draft is the only way to move E (he has a NTC right?).

Correct. After this coming season it turns to a modified NTC for his last two years where he submits a 19 team "no trade list" according to cap friendly

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jonathan-ericsson

On June 5, 2017 at 11:55 AM, amato said:

Correct. After this coming season it turns to a modified NTC for his last two years where he submits a 19 team "no trade list" according to cap friendly

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jonathan-ericsson

19 teams???

for Jonathan f***en Ericsson , it's amazing holland is still a gm

58 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

If Holland uses an asset or two to get Vegas to take a player like Ericsson, great move. However, if he wastes an asset to keep a player like Kronwall, he's an idiot.

As the Golden Knights sit right now, they have 16 forwards, not including the two on LTIR (Clarkson and Grabovski) that are waiver eligible (Neal, Smith, Eakin, Perron, Haula, Lindberg, Bellemare, Karlsson, Marchessault, Pulkkinen, Carrier, Leipsic, Thompson, Matteau, Tynan and Nosek), plus one waiver exempt that will definitely be on the opening night roster (Shipachyov). The defense is just as crowded with 11 waiver eligible defensemen (Garrison, Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb, Merrill, Miller, Engelland, Reinhart, Hunt, Schmidt (RFA) and Casto), plus one waiver exempt that will likely (should) be on the opening night roster (Theodore). That's a total of 29 players to fill 21 vacancies. McPhee will likely attempt to make another trade or two, but there's no guarantee teams will be looking to add the lower level players that he would likely be looking to shed. Quite a few of the players listed are borderline NHLers, that would likely slip through waivers with ease.

My question is, would Nosek be one of the players exposed to waivers? And if he were, would we try to get him back? I think he'll probably start the season as Vegas' 13th forward or maybe even on their 4th line, but he may become victim to the numbers game. I don't think Nosek was a huge loss by any stretch, but it would be funny, and somewhat telling of the state of this team, if we didn't end up losing anyone in the expansion draft...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

As the Golden Knights sit right now, they have 16 forwards, not including the two on LTIR (Clarkson and Grabovski) that are waiver eligible (Neal, Smith, Eakin, Perron, Haula, Lindberg, Bellemare, Karlsson, Marchessault, Pulkkinen, Carrier, Leipsic, Thompson, Matteau, Tynan and Nosek), plus one waiver exempt that will definitely be on the opening night roster (Shipachyov). The defense is just as crowded with 11 waiver eligible defensemen (Garrison, Sbisa, Stoner, McNabb, Merrill, Miller, Engelland, Reinhart, Hunt, Schmidt (RFA) and Casto), plus one waiver exempt that will likely (should) be on the opening night roster (Theodore). That's a total of 29 players to fill 21 vacancies. McPhee will likely attempt to make another trade or two, but there's no guarantee teams will be looking to add the lower level players that he would likely be looking to shed. Quite a few of the players listed are borderline NHLers, that would likely slip through waivers with ease.

My question is, would Nosek be one of the players exposed to waivers? And if he were, would we try to get him back? I think he'll probably start the season as Vegas' 13th forward or maybe even on their 4th line, but he may become victim to the numbers game. I don't think Nosek was a huge loss by any stretch, but it would be funny, and somewhat telling of the state of this team, if we didn't end up losing anyone in the expansion draft...

Telling of the state of team, or a genius navigation of the expansion by our glorious leader?

1501712951_0cdd4de61e.jpg

Image of Holland playing 4D chess 

Looking at that roster, Vegas really didn't make out that well in the draft. I've seen it before on Capfriendly, but the way you put it together makes it seem even worse. And what if Fleury has a repeat of last regular season? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Looking at that roster, Vegas really didn't make out that well in the draft. I've seen it before on Capfriendly, but the way you put it together makes it seem even worse. And what if Fleury has a repeat of last regular season? Lol

Yeah, the only player they picked up in the expansion draft that I really like is Theodore, and he was part of a deal, not an actual pick. That was an awful move by Murray that McPhee took full advantage of. Vegas did make some nice picks in their first ever entry draft though, with Glass, Suzuki, Brannstrom and Hague as their first 4 selections. Theodore will likely become a top two, possibly even a legit number one. Glass should become a solid top six center, maybe number one. Suzuki should be a middle six center / winger. And Brannstrom and Hague could become decent top 4 defensemen. Not a terrible young core to start out. Not to mention they should have another 2-3 first round picks (another top 6) again next year, and have some other decent pieces in Shipachyov, Neal, Perron, Marchessault, and Brendan's brother...

Yeah, the only player they picked up in the expansion draft that I really like is Theodore, and he was part of a deal, not an actual pick. That was an awful move by Murray that McPhee took full advantage of. Vegas did make some nice picks in their first ever entry draft though, with Glass, Suzuki, Brannstrom and Hague as their first 4 selections. Theodore will likely become a top two, possibly even a legit number one. Glass should become a solid top six center, maybe number one. Suzuki should be a middle six center / winger. And Brannstrom and Hague could become decent top 4 defensemen. Not a terrible young core to start out. Not to mention they should have another 2-3 first round picks (another top 6) again next year, and have some other decent pieces in Shipachyov, Neal, Perron, Marchessault, and Brendan's brother...

Yeah, they did focus a lot on youth and future, which is the best way to go instead of completely loading up on established players and veterans trying to make a quick mark, and then screwed when those players are done. Good mix. A few of the previous expansion rosters were just awful, like SJ and Ottawa. Ottawa had I think 8 wins their first season. Different era, but awful for the time nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk