• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Vegas Golden Knights

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Teams cannot reacquire a player they lost to Vegas for a year 

That's not true. Teams can reacquire a player vegas picked, they just can't reacquire a player they traded in a window prior to the expansion draft. 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1324769-nhl-confirms-teams-can-reacquire-players-taken-in-expansion-draft

3 hours ago, amato said:

That's not true. Teams can reacquire a player vegas picked, they just can't reacquire a player they traded in a window prior to the expansion draft. 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1324769-nhl-confirms-teams-can-reacquire-players-taken-in-expansion-draft

This is why people ask for "source" on here, because so often post opinions and incorrect information as fact. Nice post @amato!

13 hours ago, kliq said:

This is why people ask for "source" on here, because so often post opinions and incorrect information as fact. Nice post @amato!

Thanks. I try to either post a source or add "imo" to my posts for clarity sake.. 

To be fair though, I thought what dickie said was the rule too.. until the league clarified it. Seems like it was more of a rule to prevent teams from protecting more than the allowed amount of players through the use of other teams' protection spots. So, for example, Montreal couldn't trade Drouin back to Tampa until at least January 1st (not that they'd want to). 

Edited by amato

5 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

'cause you looove to argue ;)

No. It's because I like spreading truth and hate bulls*** being spewed. 

Don't need to be a Lebron fan to stand up for him when someone's speaking bulls*** that's not true. 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

No. It's because I like spreading truth and hate bulls*** being spewed. 

Don't need to be a Lebron fan to stand up for him when someone's speaking bulls*** that's not true. 

lol, I know and that's good, this is a forum, ideas should be exchanged, just found the phrasing real funny. and thought, what if it was Crosby? Why am I defending Crosby? F*** that guy! 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Saw this and wondered about picking him up. He's signed for 2 years so I don't right for our situation and wouldn't give anything (except certain players we want to shed). Especially since he's unknown as to how he'll fare in the NHL.

Was thinking Minny might be interested with all their injuries and Parise looking questionable for a good while. Don't know who they could trade, though. 

Bergevin already said they aren't interested so Montreal fans are upset (though you can replace the first half of that sentence to anything and it would pretty much be true, haha)

Edit: just saw that Parise actually had back surgery and is out 6-8 weeks (that sounds like a conservative guess to me). all the more reason for them to look for some help.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

21 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Saw this and wondered about picking him up. He's signed for 2 years so I don't right for our situation and wouldn't give anything (except certain players we want to shed). Especially since he's unknown as to how he'll fare in the NHL.

Was thinking Minny might be interested with all their injuries and Parise looking questionable for a good while. Don't know who they could trade, though. 

Bergevin already said they aren't interested so Montreal fans are upset (though you can replace the first half of that sentence to anything and it would pretty much be true, haha)

Edit: just saw that Parise actually had back surgery and is out 6-8 weeks (that sounds like a conservative guess to me). all the more reason for them to look for some help.

Depends on if he's a Zetterberg or a wuss

34 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I love Bergevin. He gives absolutely zero frks what his whiney fan base thinks and just does whatever he wants.

When I win the powerball and can afford to buy the Arizona Coyotes, I will poach Bergevin to be my GM and Tortorella to be my coach.

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Depends on if he's a Zetterberg or a wuss

Not to take away from Z being a bad azz, but I think he did miss more than 8 weeks. As I remember it, he missed the entire 2nd half of the season when he had back surgery, but did come back for a couple playoff games. That would have been olympic break to playoffs which I think is 2 and a half months maybe 3 months?

That's kind of why I thought a mere human like Parise will take longer. But who knows his surgery might be different.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 minute ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Not to take away from Z being a bad azz, but I think he did miss more than 8 weeks. As I remember it, he missed the entire 2nd half of the season when he had back surgery, but did come back for a couple playoff games. That would have been olympic break to playoffs which I think is 2 and a half months maybe 3 months?

Yeah he missed 12 weeks.  

I'm just giving Parise s*** because I always like to give it that traitor who didn't come here s***. And he stole Suter from us too. I hate you Parise. You're good looking but I still hate you.

Get well soon doe. *****. 

Edited by kickazz

Garrison makes 4.5 against the cap. If he clears, gotta think Ericsson would clear waivers if we waived him as well. Which is exactly why I think Holland would never balls up and do it. Having Ericsson clear would be basically show ownership and the fanbase that the Ericsson contract really was a big frk up by Holland. Kens gonna live and die with his boys.

46 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:
Garrison makes 4.5 against the cap. If he clears, gotta think Ericsson would clear waivers if we waived him as well. Which is exactly why I think Holland would never balls up and do it. Having Ericsson clear would be basically show ownership and the fanbase that the Ericsson contract really was a big frk up by Holland. Kens gonna live and die with his boys.

Dude they don't even think Ericsson is as bad as the fans make him out to be. Only we as fans don't like him. The players, coaches and management actually think he's good. 

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Dude they don't even think Ericsson is as bad as the fans make him out to be. Only we as fans don't like him. The players, coaches and management actually think he's good. 

Ericsson has actually been really good these past few games. One of our better defensemen in my opinion. Unfortunately, it probably won't last much longer...