• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut1989

Nicolas Hague

Rate this topic

I like him a lot, but I think he's well past the #9 position and we'd have to trade down to get him. I don't know that he's worth whatever we'd have to trade down to get him. Being 6'5" is great but size alone doesn't always work out. I know the brass has been scouting Missassauga heavily but I've been hoping it's for Tippett, if we're lucky enough to land him.

23 hours ago, kipwinger said:

No thanks.  Doesn't score much, and some scouting reports say skating is an issue.  Big, slow footed defensemen, without much scoring are a thing of the past.  I'd take Makar or Liljegren first.

46 points isn't that bad.  Still not sure I'd want him at 9 though.  Like RWN said, seems like he could be a McIlrath type

On 5/7/2017 at 5:04 PM, DickieDunn said:

46 points isn't that bad.  Still not sure I'd want him at 9 though.  Like RWN said, seems like he could be a McIlrath type

I mean, it doesn't seem bad at first glance.  But then you remember that Xavier Ouellet put up 60 pts in juniors. Sproul put up 66pts.  Both seem pretty far ahead of Hague when they were at that level and they don't contribute regularly in the NHL. Granted, nobody is heralding Hague as an offensive guy, I realize that.  But chances are his offense will be minimal at higher levels, which makes me very wary of him as a top ten pick (so I agree with you).  I'm guessing that if the kid weren't 6'6 he wouldn't even be a first rounder, but as we all know scouts tend to get stupified by the size factor.  Hell, Jordan Sambrook put up 40pts this season in the OHL, and Detroit picked him in the 5th round last year. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I mean, it doesn't seem bad at first glance.  But then you remember that Xavier Ouellet put up 60 pts in juniors. Sproul put up 66pts.  Both seem pretty far ahead of Hague when they were at that level and their contribute regularly in the NHL. Granted, nobody is heralding Hague as an offensive guy, I realize that.  But chances are his offense will be minimal at higher levels, which makes me very wary of him as a top ten pick (so I agree with you).  I'm guessing that if the kid weren't 6'6 he wouldn't even be a first rounder, but as we all know scouts tend to get stupified by the size factor.  Hell, Jordan Sambrook put up 40pts this season in the OHL, and Detroit picked him in the 5th round last year. 

Whoa

That's big

What's his role? Does he get PP time? Is he the shut down guy and is asked to sacrifice offense for defense? What are the other d on the team putting up point wise? You can't just look at raw numbers without context

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

On 2017-05-06 at 11:00 PM, sputman said:

I like him a lot, but I think he's well past the #9 position and we'd have to trade down to get him. I don't know that he's worth whatever we'd have to trade down to get him. Being 6'5" is great but size alone doesn't always work out. I know the brass has been scouting Missassauga heavily but I've been hoping it's for Tippett, if we're lucky enough to land him.

We ain't getting the redhead dude at pick 9. Might have at pick 7.

I could be wrong and I would appreciate that. But it is highly unlikely.

I have a super great feeling we're going to get Tippett at 9 and then trade up into the 20's a draft Hague.

The only thing that stops this is if Holland brokers a deal for Trouba, Hamilton or Fowler.

I could see trading an asset or 2 and the #9 to Calgary for Hamilton and their 1st, which I think is the 15th. But what assets? Whew!

26 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

We ain't getting the redhead dude at pick 9. Might have at pick 7.

I could be wrong and I would appreciate that. But it is highly unlikely.

If we keep the #9, I'm pretty sure he'll be there...but man, all these mock draft out there, nobody knows who will go where! I am begging the Hockey Gods that he is there at 9 and Holland picks him.

It says a ton that the organization has been heavily scouting Missisauga. I think Holland wants Tippett and Hague, I guess it all depends who is gone and when. I bet if Tippett is gone before 9, Holland makes a deal to move down a bit a tries to get Hague.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I have a super great feeling we're going to get Tippett at 9 and then trade up into the 20's a draft Hague.

The only thing that stops this is if Holland brokers a deal for Trouba, Hamilton or Fowler.

I could see trading an asset or 2 and the #9 to Calgary for Hamilton and their 1st, which I think is the 15th. But what assets? Whew!

If we keep the #9, I'm pretty sure he'll be there...but man, all these mock draft out there, nobody knows who will go where! I am begging the Hockey Gods that he is there at 9 and Holland picks him.

It says a ton that the organization has been heavily scouting Missisauga. I think Holland wants Tippett and Hague, I guess it all depends who is gone and when. I bet if Tippett is gone before 9, Holland makes a deal to move down a bit a tries to get Hague.

I bet if Tippett is available at 9, Holland trades down to get Liljegren + another asset.

52 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I bet if Tippett is available at 9, Holland trades down to get Liljegren + another asset.

I can't tellm if you're just trolling me or being serious. 

Holland is going to do what he feels is best. Most of us won't agree with him, but that won't change anything. Our "feelings" don't matter, but we all have players that we hope are to become the next drafted Red Wings. That's why I am not sure if you're just trolling or seriously want Liljegren and an asset. I really would love if my two guys were to be drafted by us.

But looking at your scenario (if serious) it would be very nice if (even if Tippett were there) let's say Calgary wanted him bad, that Holland dealt the #9 for Hamilton and the #15 and then drafted Liljegren if he was there. As much as I want Tippett, I cannot argue that scenario whatsoever. 

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Holland is going to do what he feels is best. Most of us won't agree with him, but that won't change anything. Our "feelings" don't matter, but we all have players that we hope are to become the next drafted Red Wings. That's why I am not sure if you're just trolling or seriously want Liljegren and an asset. I really would love if my two guys were to be drafted by us.

But looking at your scenario (if serious) it would be very nice if (even if Tippett were there) let's say Calgary wanted him bad, that Holland dealt the #9 for Hamilton and the #15 and then drafted Liljegren if he was there. As much as I want Tippett, I cannot argue that scenario whatsoever. 

If Holland doesn't trade down for Liljegren, he'll draft Pettersson. Take that to the bank.

I'd rather go Suzuki if we're going Finesse. 

If by 'Finesse', you mean smaller, then yes I would go for Suzuki. From what I've read, it sounds like he gets to the dirty areas on the ice, and is capable of elevating the play of those around him. I think he's about the same size a Yzerman was, and is bigger than Gaudreau.

From THW:
"It’s easy to see why he’s rising. He’s a center. He’s fast. He’s smart. He’s not done growing." Then there's this: "While slightly undersized he is not shy to play physically and go to the net or dig for pucks in the corner"

What's not to like?

http://thehockeywriters.com/nick-suzuki-2017-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

17 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Why do you still keep saying this as if it's even a remote possibility? If we're trading for a top defenseman like Hamilton, Trouba or Fowler, it's going to cost minimum our 9th overall pick plus a roster player like Tatar or Nyquist, plus another pick or prospect. Forget about getting the other teams first back, it would never happen.