• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nondescript_D

Dallas gets Ben Bishop...

Rate this topic

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

You really thought Bishop might come here? We have 2 decent goalies locked up and a decent backup on the way. Dallas, Winnipeg, Calgary, and the Canes are gunning for goalies. Not us.

So far Dallas just has the rights to talk to him first. Buffalo did this with Vesey last summer. Let's see how it pans out. Bishop was asking 6+ million and 6 years out of Calgary, and mind you he's 30.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You really thought Bishop might come here? We have 2 decent goalies locked up and a decent backup on the way. Dallas, Winnipeg, Calgary, and the Canes are gunning for goalies. Not us.

So far Dallas just has the rights to talk to him first. Buffalo did this with Vesey last summer. Let's see how it pans out. Bishop was asking 6+ million and 6 years out of Calgary, and mind you he's 30.

Canes got darling so count them out 

jets can actually be a good fit for Howard , he's locked up for 2 years which gives helabucyk who's 23 more time to develop and not rush him , sadly we won't be able to land trouba with Howard , maybe involve some picks and eat some cap off Howard  and we Can land roslovic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Our tandem is just fine.  We need defense.

Absolutely zero desire to trade for Bishop. Props to Kenny for not falling victim to Left Wingers rants lol.

First of all as a re-building team I would hate to give up a picks for a goalie who is 30 and could very well be headed for a decline. Secondly, Bishop is likely getting big money this off season, the last thing we need is 15 mil tied up in goalies as it is no guarantee we could move either Mrazek or Howard without eating cap with Howard's injury history and Mrazek's value being at an all time low right now.

We have to stop with the mindset of trying to fix things overnight (unless we are talking an impact elite players like Tavares) and we need to continue with the re-build. Signing a 30 year old goalie for big money is a move that is made when you think you can contend next year.

Bishop also has a M-NTC plus a NMC. These things don't matter. If a team wants to trade a player bad enough, he'll get traded.

I hope that Howard gets traded and gets us a 4th. We reallt need some cap relief.  Id like to see about $4M lost in expansion and also trade about $8M.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Bishop also has a M-NTC plus a NMC. These things don't matter. If a team wants to trade a player bad enough, he'll get traded.

I hope that Howard gets traded and gets us a 4th. We reallt need some cap relief.  Id like to see about $4M lost in expansion and also trade about $8M.

"NTCs and NMCs don't matter"

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

This is just wrong. Clearly Bishop was willing to waive clause.

Those clauses do matter, you keep focusing on all the times players have waived them, what about the times players choose not to. The best example I can think of is when SJ stripped Thornton of the C and tried to trade him but he refused. They are as important as the player makes them.

I think part of Mrazek's problem is his style of play. He is very aggressive and comes out really far to cut down the angles. That's fine if you have a defense that can take away passing lanes and tie up guys in the slot. Our defense can't do any of that so I think he gets burned being out of position when teams move the puck a lot or get rebounds and deflections. I don't think Bishop is the answer however I think he's better than what we currently have. At this stage of the rebuild I just don't see the need to bring in a guy like that.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

This is just wrong. Clearly Bishop was willing to waive clause.

Those clauses do matter, you keep focusing on all the times players have waived them, what about the times players choose not to. The best example I can think of is when SJ stripped Thornton of the C and tried to trade him but he refused. They are as important as the player makes them.

Both Bishop and Howard had/have modified NTCs. While it's a bit much to say "they don't matter", they are generally less of an obstacle than they are thought to be.

Both Bishop and Howard had/have modified NTCs. While it's a bit much to say "they don't matter", they are generally less of an obstacle than they are thought to be.

Howard doesn't want to move, he lists the teams that need a goalie as his won't go there teams. Pretty big obstacle.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I think part of Mrazek's problem is his style of play. He is very aggressive and comes out really far to cut down the angles. That's fine if you have a defense that can take away passing lanes and tie up guys in the slot. Our defense can't do any of that so I think he gets burned being out of position when teams move the puck a lot or get rebounds and deflections. I don't think Bishop is the answer however I think he's better than what we currently have. At this stage of the rebuild I just don't see the need to bring in a guy like that.

Mrazek's problem is mental.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

The the obstacle they become is completely situational. If you have a player who has a NTC because he does not want to leave the city he is playing in, I think its a very big obstacle. Even with a 10 team no trade list, you can manipulate that list so there are likely no destinations for you to go.

On the flip side, if you have a NTC simply because you want control of where you go, then its likely not an issue at all. If you are a soon to be UFA with a team wanting to trade you to a contender, likely not an issue at all.

Left Wingers comment of "they don't matter" is just wrong. (not that you were disputing that)