• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Nondescript_D

Dallas gets Ben Bishop...

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

You really thought Bishop might come here? We have 2 decent goalies locked up and a decent backup on the way. Dallas, Winnipeg, Calgary, and the Canes are gunning for goalies. Not us.

So far Dallas just has the rights to talk to him first. Buffalo did this with Vesey last summer. Let's see how it pans out. Bishop was asking 6+ million and 6 years out of Calgary, and mind you he's 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You really thought Bishop might come here? We have 2 decent goalies locked up and a decent backup on the way. Dallas, Winnipeg, Calgary, and the Canes are gunning for goalies. Not us.

So far Dallas just has the rights to talk to him first. Buffalo did this with Vesey last summer. Let's see how it pans out. Bishop was asking 6+ million and 6 years out of Calgary, and mind you he's 30.

Canes got darling so count them out 

 

jets can actually be a good fit for Howard , he's locked up for 2 years which gives helabucyk who's 23 more time to develop and not rush him , sadly we won't be able to land trouba with Howard , maybe involve some picks and eat some cap off Howard  and we Can land roslovic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

Our tandem is just fine.  We need defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely zero desire to trade for Bishop. Props to Kenny for not falling victim to Left Wingers rants lol.

First of all as a re-building team I would hate to give up a picks for a goalie who is 30 and could very well be headed for a decline. Secondly, Bishop is likely getting big money this off season, the last thing we need is 15 mil tied up in goalies as it is no guarantee we could move either Mrazek or Howard without eating cap with Howard's injury history and Mrazek's value being at an all time low right now.

We have to stop with the mindset of trying to fix things overnight (unless we are talking an impact elite players like Tavares) and we need to continue with the re-build. Signing a 30 year old goalie for big money is a move that is made when you think you can contend next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wow! So much for us...i guess Holland really loves his inconsistent and constantly hurt tandem. I'm sure LA wouldve rather had a 3rd than a 4th, but....Holland loves his draft picks and mediocre goaltending. ...and before you say he may not have gotten a call, he knew he was available and I'm sure he knew the price. Of course the expansion draft put a kink in it all. Wouldve been nice to have him...guess I'll have to burn my Bishop jersey in had made. 

Net minders are by far the least of our problem...The 5 guys in front have them have been my concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bishop also has a M-NTC plus a NMC. These things don't matter. If a team wants to trade a player bad enough, he'll get traded.

I hope that Howard gets traded and gets us a 4th. We reallt need some cap relief.  Id like to see about $4M lost in expansion and also trade about $8M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Bishop also has a M-NTC plus a NMC. These things don't matter. If a team wants to trade a player bad enough, he'll get traded.

I hope that Howard gets traded and gets us a 4th. We reallt need some cap relief.  Id like to see about $4M lost in expansion and also trade about $8M.

"NTCs and NMCs don't matter"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Bishop also has a M-NTC plus a NMC. These things don't matter. If a team wants to trade a player bad enough, he'll get traded.

I hope that Howard gets traded and gets us a 4th. We reallt need some cap relief.  Id like to see about $4M lost in expansion and also trade about $8M.

This is just wrong. Clearly Bishop was willing to waive clause.

Those clauses do matter, you keep focusing on all the times players have waived them, what about the times players choose not to. The best example I can think of is when SJ stripped Thornton of the C and tried to trade him but he refused. They are as important as the player makes them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think part of Mrazek's problem is his style of play. He is very aggressive and comes out really far to cut down the angles. That's fine if you have a defense that can take away passing lanes and tie up guys in the slot. Our defense can't do any of that so I think he gets burned being out of position when teams move the puck a lot or get rebounds and deflections. I don't think Bishop is the answer however I think he's better than what we currently have. At this stage of the rebuild I just don't see the need to bring in a guy like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kliq said:

This is just wrong. Clearly Bishop was willing to waive clause.

Those clauses do matter, you keep focusing on all the times players have waived them, what about the times players choose not to. The best example I can think of is when SJ stripped Thornton of the C and tried to trade him but he refused. They are as important as the player makes them.

Both Bishop and Howard had/have modified NTCs. While it's a bit much to say "they don't matter", they are generally less of an obstacle than they are thought to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now