• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

Bishop signs 6 year $29.5 million deal with Dallas

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

That would be due to our fine nations reimbursement structure.

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/blog/why-aspirin-taken-hospital-can-cost-upwards-25

Go to urgent care next time. You'll probably save yourself money and save the hospital money as well. 

He had chest pain.  You don't go to Urgent Care for that.

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

He had chest pain.  You don't go to Urgent Care for that.

Yes you can. Many have EKGs etc. I mean, if you're smart and have no issue with the $$ you go to ER, but if $50 is a problem the cheaper alternative is urgent care. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Tell that to all the overprotective parents who bring their kids there every time they have a fever.

He meant the opposite...meaning, you don't go to urgent care for chest pain, it could be more serious, so you go to the hospital.  This would be the equivalent of "walk-in clinics" in Canada, which I avoid at all costs.

33 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

He meant the opposite...meaning, you don't go to urgent care for chest pain, it could be more serious, so you go to the hospital.  This would be the equivalent of "walk-in clinics" in Canada, which I avoid at all costs.

Ahh ok. Yeah I avoid em too. And emergency. Unless it's something really serious. Anything less I suffer or medicate myself. 

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Urgent care is the fast food of the medical industry. The quality of treatment sucks, but it's a quick and convenient way to score more Vicodin. 

Hahaha. They still prescribe s*** like that easy down there? Up here it's pretty rare, you need to be in excruciating pain and have a cool doctor. Some docs won't give anything more than ibuprofen after the oxy epidemic that got s***loads addicted. 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Urgent care is the fast food of the medical industry. The quality of treatment sucks, but it's a quick and convenient way to score more Vicodin. 

I wouldn't say that.  Like everything it all depends on what doc you end up with, whether you're in an urgent care clinic, a pcp office, or a hospital.

Jim Nill strikes again. Hires Jim Bedard. He was our goalie coach from the mid-90s until last summer. Has been with the Windsor Spitfires since.

I'd hire him too. He turned Osgood into a HOF worthy goalie. Did well with Mrazek too, then he was replaced.....

I remember Salajko from his OHL days in the '90's. Dude was a sieve. I know he was the goalie coach in GR, but there was no reason to replace Bedard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I'd hire him too. He turned Osgood into a HOF worthy goalie. Did well with Mrazek too, then he was replaced.....

I remember Salajko from his OHL days in the '90's. Dude was a sieve. I know he was the goalie coach in GR, but there was no reason to replace Bedard.

At times he did, but he also was there when Mrazek fell apart after his birthday plus Jimmy was not that great in 2015/16. I get why they made the change, plus lets not pretend like Wings fans weren't pushing for change of any kind a year ago.

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

At times he did, but he also was there when Mrazek fell apart after his birthday plus Jimmy was not that great in 2015/16. I get why they made the change, plus lets not pretend like Wings fans weren't pushing for change of any kind a year ago.

Jimmy wasn't great in 2013/14 either. Guy is the number 1 goalie (sometimes), and hasn't played more than 60 games since 2011. Mr. Unreliable. The team is forced to carry two number 1 calibre goalies because of it.

Mrazek has been up and down yes, but still has that ability to be an elite netminder. This season he must deliver on it though, and I'm sure he knows it. Not that it means Holland will give up on him.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Jimmy wasn't great in 2013/14 either. Guy is the number 1 goalie (sometimes), and hasn't played more than 60 games since 2011. Mr. Unreliable. The team is forced to carry two number 1 calibre goalies because of it.

Mrazek has been up and down yes, but still has that ability to be an elite netminder. This season he must deliver on it though, and I'm sure he knows it. Not that it means Holland will give up on him.

My point wasn't about those two specfically, it was about Bedard in that he wasn't exactly getting the most out of the goalies last season which is why I get the coaching change

12 hours ago, chaps80 said:

From what I understand about Bedard, he is a great mentor and has a knack for spotting talent. His understanding of the pressures and mindset of netminders is very good, which is what made him an effective goalie coach. He kept Osgood chill and level headed throughout his career.

However his methods and systems, at this point in time, are considered "oldschool". He's not on the cutting edge of modern goaltending techniques anymore. This is most likely why the change was made.  

My point wasn't about those two specfically, it was about Bedard in that he wasn't exactly getting the most out of the goalies last season which is why I get the coaching change

Yeah. But it wasn't that bad. Howard has a long injury history, and Mrazek is young and trying to find the consistency that can get him to that elite level he has the talent to get to. It's a low time for the franchise, and there's time to get that stuff figured out I think. Maybe after this season they'll have a better idea how to proceed in net, whether Mrazek is worth the time, or to just go with the veteran option in Howard. It would really suck if Mrazek was moved and he became a top 5 guy elsewhere. I've read some articles where they thought having Howard around might just be too big a distraction for him, and Howard should be moved to give him time to settle in without worrying about competition. Hopefully Salajko can get him going again.

On 5/25/2017 at 6:58 PM, chaps80 said:

Yeah. But it wasn't that bad. Howard has a long injury history, and Mrazek is young and trying to find the consistency that can get him to that elite level he has the talent to get to. It's a low time for the franchise, and there's time to get that stuff figured out I think. Maybe after this season they'll have a better idea how to proceed in net, whether Mrazek is worth the time, or to just go with the veteran option in Howard. It would really suck if Mrazek was moved and he became a top 5 guy elsewhere. I've read some articles where they thought having Howard around might just be too big a distraction for him, and Howard should be moved to give him time to settle in without worrying about competition. Hopefully Salajko can get him going again.

Salajko comes into the NHL and Mrazek s***s the bed. I'm not sure if the AHL goalie coach knows how the NHL goalies need to be.

Maybe Mrazek was better off with Bedard. 

Edited by kickazz