• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

2017 WCF ANAHEIM DUCKS VS NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

This does not bode well. Ottawa needs to step it up. Pens get past them, they'll find a way to get four more wins. Really wanted to see the Ducks punish them physically. Oh well. 

Here's how I'm looking at it...

The Preds have Rinne, Subban, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis. It'd be their D and G (very thin at F) versus the Pens' F and G (very thin at D). Also, the Preds would be the fresher team. All in all, probably a pretty even matchup.

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, brett said:

Ducks choke lol. Terrible

go preds

go sens

if I have to pick a team to win the cup it's the sens. Or anyone other then pens

Agreed. Would be funny to see the Habs and Leafs fans faces if  Karlsson were to raise the Cup in Canada for the first time in a quarter century. And it would be cooler than the Preds and especially the Pens winning it.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Preds have Rinne, Subban, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis. It'd be their D and G (very thin at F) versus the Pens' F and G (very thin at D). Also, the Preds would definitely be the fresher team. All in all, probably a pretty even matchup.

Seems even, yes. I just wanted the Pens to get knocked on their asses. The Ducks have always been dirty, and the Pens deserve a dirty opponent. Hopefully none of the injured Pens D return.

Just like last year, everyone hops on the Sharks/Predators bandwagon because they hope they will win, but in the end they're simply not the better team compared to Pittsburgh (even an injured one). The Penguins are ~60% favorites per Vegas.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

The Preds have Rinne, Subban, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis. It'd be their D and G (very thin at F) versus the Pens' F and G (very thin at D). Also, the Preds would be the fresher team. All in all, probably a pretty even matchup.

looking at it that way ... I'd go with the better D.

5 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

Just like last year, everyone hops on the Sharks/Predators bandwagon because they hope they will win, but in the end they're simply not the better team compared to Pittsburgh (even an injured one). The Penguins are ~60% favorites per Vegas.

Well I'm hoping the Sens make the Finals and win. THey should come out hard at home tomorrow after a 7-0 loss. Plus I want to get Finals tickets for Games 1 and 2 haha

7 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Would you rather see Crosby win a 3rd Cup or Kesler win a 1st?

Eh, Crosby has already won two. A third one wouldn't really make that much of a difference.

Now Kesler, I'd be happy to watch him go his entire career without his name on anything. The guy seems like a legitimate bag of s***.

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

This season/playoffs, yes. He's always been good, but never quite good enough when the playoffs rolled around. 

I think he's always been one of the best in the league but, until recently, hasn't had enough offensive support.

Although the shot differential last game doesn't really support me there. But he's definitely taken it to a whole new level this post season. 

2 hours ago, amato said:

I think he's always been one of the best in the league but, until recently, hasn't had enough offensive support.

Although the shot differential last game doesn't really support me there. But he's definitely taken it to a whole new level this post season. 

I agree he's been top 5 for awhile now. Guess he can't stop everything. Same with Price. Both Nashville and Montreal are built from the net out (although Rinne has a much better D to help him, which is probably why Nashville is in the Finals and the Habs are long gone). Both are counted on a lot, probably too much.

Been fun as hell watching Nashville this postseason.  Bummer on their injuries - shows you what a good D can do.  Crossing my fingers for them in the final!

Also, sad Corey Perry == Happy Everyone Else.

51 minutes ago, BobL said:

Been fun as hell watching Nashville this postseason.  Bummer on their injuries - shows you what a good D can do.  Crossing my fingers for them in the final!

Also, sad Corey Perry == Happy Everyone Else.

I dunno, Perry is a ******, but I've got less hate for the Ducks than I did ten years ago. I think they would have given the Pens a tougher time physically, which is great. But..no Gibson, no Cup. So perhaps it is better off.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Preds winning is good for the NHL.  That fan base is solid.

I wish their fans would stop chanting stupid things like they did 10 years ago.  They should have grown out of the stereotype of the unknowledgeable, hick fanbase by now.  

37 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I wish their fans would stop chanting stupid things like they did 10 years ago.  They should have grown out of the stereotype of the unknowledgeable, hick fanbase by now.  

I wouldn't count on that.. they're childish and ridiculous - and they seem to like it that way.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It would have been 0 goals if he had any respect for the system. Can the Nashville Predators even hope to win a single SCF game with this clown? Obvious distraction. His teammates must hate playing with him. Thug. Show boater. Lockerroom cancer.

I know right? What kind of clown dances during warmups? He needs to get his head in the game. 10 points in 16 games? Pfff he'd have a lot more if he wasn't so busy trying to be a crowd pleaser. Maybe then he'd be a half decent hockey player. Get your head in the game you f***ing CLOWN!!! 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know right? What kind of clown dances during warmups? He needs to get his head in the game. 10 points in 16 games? Pfff he'd have a lot more if he wasn't so busy trying to be a crowd pleaser. Maybe then he'd be a half decent hockey player. Get your head in the game you f***ing CLOWN!!! 

Now he's going to win the cup and take it back to the childrens hospital in Montreal and rub it in the poor french kids faces. Disgusting.

He cares more about marketing himself, than he does about playing hockey. It's a distraction, and it has no place in the very super extra serious game of entertainment sports. He needs to learn to play the game the white way.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Now he's going to win the cup and take it back to the childrens hospital in Montreal and rub it in the poor french kids faces. Disgusting.

He cares more about marketing himself, than he does about playing hockey. It's a distraction, and it has no place in the very super extra serious game of entertainment sports. He needs to learn to play the game the white way.

Damn autocorrect. I'm sure you meant "right" way...

Yeah, the whole children's hospital thing still gets to me. What is he trying to prove donating $10M to sick children? You know it's just a publicity stunt. Guy is as arrogant as they come...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Damn autocorrect. I'm sure you meant "right" way...

Yeah, the whole children's hospital thing still gets to me. What is he trying to prove donating $10M to sick children? You know it's just a publicity stunt. Guy is as arrogant as they come...

Whoops! Frickty frick autocorrect gosh darn it

Walkin around in his fancy suits he designed himself, dropping multi-millions on sick kids like it's nothing. He's like the black Don Cherry, except he's nice.

It's different than what I'm used to, and I don't like it.  

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Whoops! Frickty frick autocorrect gosh darn it

Walkin around in his fancy suits he designed himself, dropping multi-millions on sick kids like it's nothing. He's like the black Don Cherry, except he's nice.

It's different than what I'm used to, and I don't like it.  

yeah right...

autocorrect-x7wuww.jpg