• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

2017 ECF: OTTAWA SENATORS VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Rate this topic

The NHL has a long history of not suspending star players. It's not a conspiracy against certain teams, it's business as usual.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Case in point, Pronger in the '07 WCF. One game (and I'll bet the league wrestled with if they should even do that for a little bit) for a blatant injury attempt in a blindside hit from behind into the boards. Double standards for stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is not a case of Weber driving Zbergs head into the boards and refs not calling it.

What Malkin did was concrete and measurable, the call was made and the rules were not enforced by the league.

There are some rules which should never have been put in the books.  That is one of them.  Same goes for the rule about "resisting referees".  Apparently, when a ref grabs you, you can't struggle to get away or swing at another player.  How many times do we see players struggling to get free from the refs during a scrum?  If the rules were followed to the letter, then they would be suspending players left and right for that.

There are just some rules that are put in the NHL books that have good intentions but are just crappy rules.  Personally, I am glad that they are not enforcing rules like that.  This is hockey, and our players are tough, not pansies.

There are some rules which should never have been put in the books.  That is one of them.  Same goes for the rule about "resisting referees".  Apparently, when a ref grabs you, you can't struggle to get away or swing at another player.  How many times do we see players struggling to get free from the refs during a scrum?  If the rules were followed to the letter, then they would be suspending players left and right for that.
There are just some rules that are put in the NHL books that have good intentions but are just crappy rules.  Personally, I am glad that they are not enforcing rules like that.  This is hockey, and our players are tough, not pansies.

That is a very good point.

15 hours ago, Nightfall said:

Oh I don't disagree with your point that the rule shouldn't be on the books in the first place, but that is completely beside the point.

Name another instance that this rule wasn't enforced. I can't. It's not like they don't enforce this rule all the time like resisting referees, they literally just ignored it in this series. Pens favoritism in its finest.

34 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

The rule has a clause that the league can not suspend a player if they decide not to for the instigator on the last few minutes rule.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Great way for the league to influence playoff games according to their agenda.

Game 7 should be one hell of a battle. Karlsson and Anderson have to be in beast mode. I think Anderson got in their heads last game. Long as they can stop the Pens offence, they should find a way to win another close one.

Sens could be the worst team in a while to make the Finals

I don't get why people think they're where they shouldn't be. They won all the games to get there against some good teams, and are even in Game 7 after two periods against a supposed better Pens team. They're depleted on D, but that's making this thing fair, and teams take advantage of injured rosters all the time. Anderson is in the zone, equalling or even bettering the Pens goalies. He's much better than many give him credit for.

30 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I don't get why people think they're where they shouldn't be. They won all the games to get there against some good teams, and are even in Game 7 after two periods against a supposed better Pens team. They're depleted on D, but that's making this thing fair, and teams take advantage of injured rosters all the time. Anderson is in the zone, equalling or even bettering the Pens goalies. He's much better than many give him credit for.

They've been a lucky team all season long. Bad puck possession. Doesn't generate a lot of scoring opportunities. Stop being so results oriented.