• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

2017 ECF: OTTAWA SENATORS VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Rate this topic

That was ***.  Number 24 for Ottawa isn't going to feel great after that.  Had a chance to make a play at the blue line.  

Mila Kunitz (that Hudler faced punk) scores the goal.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Don't get me wrong, Ottawa had a great run, but they were definitely wayyy lucky to get this far. NYR dominated them and somehow lost 4 fluke games.

Matching up against Pittsburgh's centermans is gonna be trouble for Nashville without Fisher. Pittsburgh in 6. Repeat champs.

Just now, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Only turned it on for the end of the 3rd, but what I saw, Pens deserved that. I thought they dominated overtime.

They dominated because Scarface refused to send extra forecheckers.  I don't know how Ottawa actually planned on winning the game. You have to go after it, not expect it to come your way by defending and hoping for a mistake. Very safe approach compared to the Pens approach in OT.

Just figured I'd drop in, puke, then leave.  :bad:

Interestingly, they picked up Prince of Wales trophy again.  Either it will curse them and they'll lose in the finals, or maybe cure teams of the superstition that they can't touch the conference trophy, so there's something positive either way.  I hate that teams can't celebrate a major accomplishment.

Edited by Y19

The Pens are going to be the favorite against a scrappy Nashville team.  I do agree that the Pens had the better scoring chances.  The type of system that Ottawa plays is one that depends on bending but not breaking.  They just broke in Game 7 against a superior team. 

I just hate the thought of the Pens winning another cup.  All the years they tanked and picked up two generational players got them this far.  Makes me wish the Wings would tank for 6 years to get a couple more generational players so they could do the same thing.  The problem is that they are too proud to do that.

Edited by Nightfall

7 minutes ago, Y19 said:

Just figured I'd drop in, puke, then leave.  :bad:

Interestingly, they picked up Prince of Wales trophy again.  Either it will curse them or maybe cure teams of the superstition that they can't touch the conference trophy, so there's something positive either way.  I hate that teams can't celebrate a major accomplishment.

the last two times they won the cup they touched the trophy,2008 they didn't touch it. There was no way they weren't going to handle it tonight. 

Edited by Dan Bylsma

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

If Nashville is healthy, I take them to win, but I can't see them doing it without their top centerman.  

The Pens are missing Letang, and tonight they didn't have Hornqvist and they still won.  All the injuries on this team and they are finding a way to win.  That says a lot about the character of the Pens.

The game ends on a s*** goal like that.

Hahahaha Murray "I thought we deserved this one, we were the better team all series long".

No, you weren't. You didn't even play as good as the goalie across the ice from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Nightfall said:

The Pens are missing Letang, and tonight they didn't have Hornqvist and they still won.  All the injuries on this team and they are finding a way to win.  That says a lot about the character of the Pens.

Yeah, but losing your top centerman is worse than any other injury.  The Pens wouldn't be in the Finals without Crosby. They've had an impressive run for sure, though.  I just wish the Finals would start sooner so these bastards couldn't get any rest.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

The game ends on a s*** goal like that.

Hahahaha Murray "I thought we deserved this one, we were the better team all series long".

No, you weren't. You didn't even play as good as the goalie across the ice from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL this is a clownshow, quit posting. Pittsburgh had far more scoring chances than them in this series. Craig Anderson playing like god doesn't change the fact that Pittsburgh as a team was better.