• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chaps80

2017 ECF: OTTAWA SENATORS VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, but losing your top centerman is worse than any other injury.  The Pens wouldn't be in the Finals without Crosby. They've had an impressive run for sure, though.  I just wish the Finals would start sooner so these bastards couldn't get any rest.

Finals should start an hour earlier for every piece of trash those bandwagon f***s tossed on the ice.

1 minute ago, shocky2002 said:

LOL this is a clownshow, quit posting. Pittsburgh had far more scoring chances than them in this series. Craig Anderson playing like god doesn't change the fact that Pittsburgh as a team was better.

This game could have been 4-1 Sens before the third period. Did you watch?

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Yeah, but losing your top centerman is worse than any other injury.  The Pens wouldn't be in the Finals without Crosby. They've had an impressive run for sure, though.  I just wish the Finals would start sooner so these bastards couldn't get any rest.

I agree, and since Pittsburgh won''t be travelling, the Final could start on sunday, rather than monday,  I mean, If they want higher ratings...

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

There is no comparison to Crosby and Letang for sure.  Hell, Crosby is the best player in the league IMHO.

Agreed, its a very impressive run.  I am just hoping that the Preds can find a way to make it happen.  Another 8 seed making a cup finals run is pretty impressive.

6 minutes ago, Nightfall said:

The Pens are missing Letang, and tonight they didn't have Hornqvist and they still won.  All the injuries on this team and they are finding a way to win.  That says a lot about the character of the Pens.

Actually I think it says a lot about the level of competition they're facing. 

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Finals should start an hour earlier for every piece of trash those bandwagon f***s tossed on the ice.

If it makes you feel any better, after the Wings tank the next couple years and miss the playoffs, many people on these forums will be gone.  For good reason as well.  Why support a team that the ownership craps all over.  I used to be all uppity about bandwagon fans, now I understand it.  Especially after watching teams where the ownership just craps all over the fans and intentionally tanks for years.  There is no way in hell I would support a team that did that.  You can bet your ass if the Wings started doing that crap, I wouldn't attend a game or watch them on TV either.  At least make an attempt to compete.  Its a professional league.

Edited by Nightfall

6 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Actually I think it says a lot about the level of competition they're facing. 

That's true.  Ottawa is an underdog and Columbus and Washington had overrated goalies that can't perform in the playoffs.  Actually, Washington's entire team, minus a few exceptions, can't perform in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Nightfall said:

If it makes you feel any better, after the Wings tank the next couple years and miss the playoffs, many people on these forums will be gone.  For good reason as well.  Why support a team that the ownership craps all over.  I used to be all uppity about bandwagon fans, now I understand it.  Especially after watching teams where the ownership just craps all over the fans and intentionally tanks for years.  There is no way in hell I would support a team that did that.  You can bet your ass if the Wings started doing that crap, I wouldn't attend a game or watch them on TV either.  At least make an attempt to compete.  Its a professional league.

Great, then we'll have like four people left here.

Well, Illitch has put the future in Holland's hands, even after very questionable moves and putting the team in cap hell. Should have him on a short leash, but he doesn't seem like he'll be a very hands on owner after taking control of the team. Too worried about selling s***ty pizza I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

That's true.  Ottawa is an underdog and Columbus and Washington had overrated goalies that can't perform in the playoffs.  Actually, Washington's entire team, minus a few exceptions, can't perform in the playoffs.

Washington was the Presidents trophy winning team.  Columbus ended the season on a low note and couldn't recover.  The Sens were outmatched, but man did they come close to pulling it off.  Overall, I wouldn't say the Pens had an easy time, but the only team out of the West I thought could have beaten them was the Ducks.  Thats if Gibson played out of his mind.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Well, Illitch has put the future in Holland's hands, even after very questionable moves and putting the team in cap hell. Should have him on a short leash, but he doesn't seem like he'll be a very hands on owner after taking control of the team. Too worried about selling s***ty pizza I guess.

Agreed.  Personally, I hope Holland burns this team to the ground and gives the kids a shot.  If the team is going to fail, let the youth fail.  That will allow them to build through the draft.  After about 5 years of missing the playoffs, they will have that generational player or two unless the team as a whole overachieves.

Many in the Red Wings fanbase won't take a couple losing seasons.  My bet is it will take about 3 before they stop following the team and the boards become silent.  After the way this team has been mismanaged, I won't blame them for leaving either.

7 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Bettman is the happiest guy on the planet right now. No money in Ottawa/Preds. That being said Go Preds! 

If the Preds win, I will buy a Preds Subban jersey.  You heard it here first.

Edited by Nightfall

Agreed.  Personally, I hope Holland burns this team to the ground and gives the kids a shot.  If the team is going to fail, let the youth fail.  That will allow them to build through the draft.  After about 5 years of missing the playoffs, they will have that generational player or two unless the team as a whole overachieves.

Many in the Red Wings fanbase won't take a couple losing seasons.  My bet is it will take about 3 before they stop following the team and the boards become silent.  After the way this team has been mismanaged, I won't blame them for leaving either.

Yeah, even if the Ducks managed to somehow squeak out the last two wins in the West with Bernier, he'd get lit up against the Pens. Nashville is the best, and now only, option.

He may as well burn it down, but he can't because no one will touch the contracts he's handed out to undeserving players. He's stuck with them for awhile, some a long while, and has to wait them out. I'll be happy if he goes through UFA and into the season without touching anything he can't afford, or handing out any other extensions than AA and Tatar. First step right there.

43 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

This game could have been 4-1 Sens before the third period. Did you watch?

Huh?  We certainly weren't watching the same game.  OTT had their chances, but PIT had far more chances throughout the game.  Anderson kept it close again.  A lot of experts thought game 6 was PIT's best game of the year....can't really agree or disagree as I haven't watched the majority of their games, but I know Crosby and Malkin dominated and when that happens they very, very rarely lose.  Anderson stole game 6 big time, which is always a possibility with a hot goalie.

Huh?  We certainly weren't watching the same game.  OTT had their chances, but PIT had far more chances throughout the game.  Anderson kept it close again.  A lot of experts thought game 6 was PIT's best game of the year....can't really agree or disagree as I haven't watched the majority of their games, but I know Crosby and Malkin dominated and when that happens they very, very rarely lose.  Anderson stole game 6 big time, which is always a possibility with a hot goalie.

I meant the third period. Ottawa had many chances to put the game away after getting the 1-1 goal, but couldn't finish them. Liked how quickly they got the 2-2 goal right back after that half assed call on Phaneuf. They sat back in OT though, and it cost them. Far as I'm concerned though, they did a hell of a job stretching the series to it's limit, and in doing so, putting extra wear on the Pens while Nashville has already rested for a bit.

Hating the Pens already and seeing how their fans react when things don't go their way, witnessing how smug Crosby, Malkin, and Murray are doesn't help things for me either I guess. Murray's comments after the game on the PA system, come on. You beat the Ottawa Senators, and it took you pretty much as long as is possible for a series to go other than a couple more overtimes. The series was very close, hot goalie or not.

On 5/26/2017 at 0:15 AM, Nightfall said:

On 5/26/2017 at 0:25 AM, Nightfall said:

...  Personally, I hope Holland burns this team to the ground and gives the kids a shot.  If the team is going to fail, let the youth fail.  That will allow them to build through the draft.  After about 5 years of missing the playoffs, they will have that generational player or two unless the team as a whole overachieves.

These quotes seem contradictory.