• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Keep Your Stick On the Ice

TSN's Off-Season Wing's Game Plan

Rate this topic

Nothing in there that we haven't said a million times on the board, but still a good read.

Biggest surprise was his suggestion to sign Kevin Klein to play on our first pairing with DD. He's 32, and when the writers main narrative is to get rid of our aging players and go young, not sure why his suggestion is to sign an aging player who is not elite or anything special unless he thinks we can get him for dirt cheap on a 1 year contract (ie. flip him at the deadline). Though I'm not sure how I feel about a guy like him playing over a guy like Sproul, Russo or Hicketts. I admit though, I dont know too much about Klein as I haven't seen him play much since his Nashville days.

In his final projected lineup for next year he forgot to add XO in there after saying he was solid and is a cheap option. The Z is ludicrous.  Not going anywhere. 

Just now, puckbags said:

In his final projected lineup for next year he forgot to add XO in there after saying he was solid and is a cheap option. The Z is ludicrous.  Not going anywhere. 

Ya Howard to....maybe he is thinking XO gets picked up in the expansion draft and Howard is traded. He should say that though.

Edited by kliq

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya Howard to....maybe he is thinking XO gets picked up in the expansion draft and Howard is traded. He should say that though.

It was a bit of a long read. Trying to do too much.  Simple.  Try and shed some salary, draft good, make a trade for a d man if possible.  Key players have to be better next year. End of report.  On we go !

11 minutes ago, kliq said:

Nothing in there that we haven't said a million times on the board, but still a good read.

Biggest surprise was his suggestion to sign Kevin Klein to play on our first pairing with DD. He's 32, and when the writers main narrative is to get rid of our aging players and go young, not sure why his suggestion is to sign an aging player who is not elite or anything special unless he thinks we can get him for dirt cheap on a 1 year contract (ie. flip him at the deadline). Though I'm not sure how I feel about a guy like him playing over a guy like Sproul, Russo or Hicketts. I admit though, I dont know too much about Klein as I haven't seen him play much since his Nashville days.

I thought the same thing. Klein is still signed to NY, so it could be he's suggesting a trade for a guy we can flip at the deadline. He's missing Howard in his final lineup, so maybe it's some weird 3 way trade with Calgary-NY?

Not enough explanation of the final lineup.

Other problems with the article:

- He misses some of added list from this past year: Mantha, AA, Sproul, Ott

- Sproul's put on the bottom of the depth chart below Hicketts and Russo?

2 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I thought the same thing. Klein is still signed to NY, so it could be he's suggesting a trade for a guy we can flip at the deadline. He's missing Howard in his final lineup, so maybe it's some weird 3 way trade with Calgary-NY?

Not enough explanation of the final lineup.

Other problems with the article:

- He misses some of added list from this past year: Mantha, AA, Sproul, Ott

- Sproul's put on the bottom of the depth chart below Hicketts and Russo?

Oh.....I just assumed he was a UFA. Makes that suggestion even worse.