• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

New signing

Rate this topic

8th D for Czech repre. during WC. Last year spent in EBEL league playing for czech Znojmo. This league is even worst than czech league, best producing D in EBEL league was Piché this year. You know that guy. 

Strange signing. I guess you can never have too much depth but I'd be shocked if he ever plays a game for the Wings. I doubt he even cracks the Griffins lineup out of camp. I fully expect him to start in Toledo.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Strange signing. I guess you can never have too much depth but I'd be shocked if he ever plays a game for the Wings. I doubt he even cracks the Griffins lineup out of camp. I fully expect him to start in Toledo.

He has signed for a team in the Finnish top tier so I'd say if he doesn't crack the Wings roster he'll play there next season.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

11 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

He has signed for a team in the Finnish top tier so I'd say if he doesn't crack the Wings roster he'll play there next season.

Lower tier in Griffins or Finland seems about right. Point is this is basically an opportunity for him to show if he can play, for real. Someone saw something about him, somewhere. But it's unlikely he'll pan out.

I'd love to be surprised though. I'm on board for the tryout. The heavens know we need a surprise.

38 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Lower tier in Griffins or Finland seems about right. Point is this is basically an opportunity for him to show if he can play, for real. Someone saw something about him, somewhere. But it's unlikely he'll pan out.

I'd love to be surprised though. I'm on board for the tryout. The heavens know we need a surprise.

Sounds like he played well at Worlds. We probably decided to sign him based on that.

Sulak will attend Red Wings prospects camp in Traverse City in July. He likely will play in Finland next season for the Lahden Pelicans, with whom he has a contract, unless he makes the Red Wings roster. He won't play for the Grand Rapids Griffins this season.

Per Khan

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/05/red_wings_sign_czech_defensema.html

I don't get why some folk are so down on players from other leagues ever making it into the show. Every one has to start somewhere and now and then players appear in some other league that go on to make it in the show. I don't need to remind fans that Mr Rafalski plyed his trade in the Swedish and Finnish leagues for 4 years after leaving the NCAA as no team was interested before he got a chance to show what he has. 

I agree not all will make it but writing players off before they're even seen is a bit premature. 

. Someone saw something about him, somewhere.

Fischer was scouting him for a year apparently.

May as well see what he's got. Wings' D can use all the help it can get. Look everywhere possible I say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I don't get why some folk are so down on players from other leagues ever making it into the show. Every one has to start somewhere and now and then players appear in some other league that go on to make it in the show. I don't need to remind fans that Mr Rafalski plyed his trade in the Swedish and Finnish leagues for 4 years after leaving the NCAA as no team was interested before he got a chance to show what he has. 

I agree not all will make it but writing players off before they're even seen is a bit premature. 

I miss Rafalski.

46 minutes ago, sputman said:

I sometimes have to sign out of Letwgowings.com to see who people are quoting. I ignore so many people these days the threads are mostly incoherent otherwise. 

:confused:

Yup, some posters just repeat the same thing thread after thread after thread. I dont blame you.

The fact that we are signing 2nd division czech league guys instead of 1st league SEL guys like Toronto.  If you are going to take a flyer on an undrafted guy, at least do it on a legit prospect.  Signing nobodies just highlights the crappy job our management is doing.

Toronto really is turning things around quick, and they keep making solid low risk moves that pay off, as well as making the very best of their higher first round picks with Matthews, Nylander, and Marner. Even Kadri, who was looking like a bust, has finally stepped up. They have a solid starting goalie that can handle a big workload for the first time since Belfour. Once they solidify that defence, they'll be scary.

Exactly.  They are focussing on moves that impact the Toronto Maple Leafs.  Not the Toronto Marlies.  Ken Holland's moves all impact the Toledo Walleye.  This one doesn't even do that.  It's garbage filler.

Hahaha it's sad but true. Honestly, little Illitch needs to man up after taking over daddy's team and give Holland a timeline to turn his s*** around. Not just say, Holland is gonna do what he'll do, and Blashill's future is up to him. This lazy, laying low approach obviously isn't working. Holland is not "smart" or "sneaky", he's in over his head in the new NHL. He's gotten too comfortable in the GM chair. Illitch needs to go kick the back of that chair and tell him to get off his ass.