• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Ya, we'll, I'm out. Uncle Gary pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. Salary Cap was supposed to bring league parity, well with Pit poised to win it's 3rd Cup since 09 and with Chicago already having 3 since 10, that's 6 cups in 12 years possibly going to 2 teams. Plus the Kings twice. All the cap did was take away from a handful of teams and give the accolades to a different select few that were basement dwellers for a decade. I don't see parity when 3 teams win 8 of the last 12 cups (if Pit wins) it's the same as when it was Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey, but they weren't handed players due to a cap. There is no league parity, it just allowed Uncle Gary to handicap the teams that kept his league alive throughout the 90's and hand it over to the teams and their fans that didn't even know what the nhl was in the 90's. Meanwhile there are 20+ other teams still waiting for parity to help them out...ask Arizona about league parity.

I'm out. They may not win, but the fact that Pit is even back in the finals reeks of garbage. So basically l was forced to give up my winning tradition that was built the old fashion way, to watch the torch be given to teams that the fans didn't even care enough to support prior to the cap. f*** you uncle Gary.  We were all lied to and bamboozled.

Edited by LeftWinger

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, we'll, I'm out. Uncle Gary pulled the wool over everyone's eyes. Salary Cap was supposed to bring league parity, well with Pit poised to win it's 3rd Cup since 09 and with Chicago already having 3 since 10, that's 6 cups in 12 years possibly going to 2 teams. Plus the Kings twice. All the cap did was take away from a handful of teams and give the accolades to a different select few that were basement dwellers for a decade. I don't see parity when 3 teams win 8 of the last 12 cups (if Pit wins) it's the same as when it was Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey, but they weren't handed players due to a cap. There is no league parity, it just allowed Uncle Gary to handicap the teams that kept his league alive throughout the 90's and hand it over to the teams and their fans that didn't even know what the nhl was in the 90's. Meanwhile there are 20+ other teams still waiting for parity to help them out...ask Arizona about league parity.

I'm out. They may not win, but the fact that Pit is even back in the finals reeks of garbage. So basically l was forced to give up my winning tradition that was built the old fashion way, to watch the torch be given to teams that the fans didn't even care enough to support prior to the cap. f*** you uncle Gary.  We were all lied to and bamboozled.

Do you actually believe all of this?

1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

Do you actually believe all of this?

What's not to believe? 3 teams have win 7 of the last 11 Cups. Possibly an 8th this year. That's not parity, which is what the cap was supposed to bring. All it did was take away from the elite franchises that were willing to do what it had to to win. It was meant to spread the wealth, but I'm sure Uncle Gary is not going to change things this time in the name of parity, the teams he wants winning are winning. 

Unfortunately, it'll be the Pens in 4.  I know no one gave them a chance against Chicago and they swept them, but the Pens are different.  The goals against Murray by Ottawa were perfect shots, I don't see Nashville being able to replicate that and Rinne gave up some soft goals to Anaheim that will destroy him if he plays like that against the Pens offense.  

17 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Unfortunately, it'll be the Pens in 4.  I know no one gave them a chance against Chicago and they swept them, but the Pens are different.  The goals against Murray by Ottawa were perfect shots, I don't see Nashville being able to replicate that and Rinne gave up some soft goals to Anaheim that will destroy him if he plays like that against the Pens offense.  

Everyone picked the Penguins to easily dispatch Ottawa.  I don't see them sweeping Nashville.  The Penguins are running on fumes.  

Yeah, I'd be shocked if it goes any less than 6 games. No way will Pittsburgh sweep them, even without Johansen. Unfortunately I don't see Nashville winning the series, but it's definitely a possibility with their tight defense and great goaltending. Expect to see some low scoring games, hopefully with the Preds coming out on top...

Preds without Johansen and Fisher up against Crosby/Malkin is a massive deal. It's a bigger difference than Letang playing/not playing. Pittsburgh is currently favored at 61% by the Vegas sharps to win the series.

Penguins in 6. Preds will give a fight, but ultimately, Sid and Geno make history.

Edited by shocky2002

I also think this Rinne run has been smoke and mirrors. Pekka hasn't been good in 3 years. He's outplayed his true abilities so far. Matt Murray is far better, IMO (and Fleury is even better)

Edited by shocky2002

8 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Well fine I'll be the only one to predict a Preds championship

I am with ya and rolling with Smashville in 6. Heck I might do the 3 hour drive to grab the sledgehammer pre game to just hit the Pens logo. Plus that area is FUN! 

Another major point Cary Underwood's favorite team is the Preds how can she be wrong?

I truly, really, and incredibly hate to say this, but I believe the Pens will take this series in 5-6 games. God I simply cannot believe I typed that. I hate the Pens organization and fan base almost as much as I hate the Leafs. But reality is reality is I think it’s just not a great matchup for the Preds.

Even banged up. I think the Pens have the upper hand in the offensive positional match-ups, where as the defense clearly favors the Preds. Yes, one could argue that good defenses win championships. But one only has to look towards the projected depth charts. 

For example, with Johansen and Fisher (possibly) being out whose going to take on Crosby and Malkin? Jarnkrok and Sissons? Come on… Aside from being one concussion away from retirement I don’t see anything slowing the Crybaby down much less his entire merry band of ass clowns.

This is why the primary reason I pick the Pens is their obvious firepower… I believe the Pens offense will simply be too much for the Preds defense and goaltending.

I would love to be wrong though. No really, truly wish I were dead wrong.