• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Preds have solidly outplayed the Pens in at least two, potentially all three, games.  They just got s*** goaltending the first two games.  Anybody who watched those first two games and came away thinking the Pens were running away with this wasn't paying attention.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Preds have solidly outplayed the Pens in at least two, potentially all three, games.  They just got s*** goaltending the first two games.  Anybody who watched those first two games and came away thinking the Pens were running away with this wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for the status report. Haven't watched any playoffs except for the Rangers first round against Montreal. Only because the matchup 'tickled' me. Was a good one in retrospect.

Truth be told I don't give a s*** who wins but obviously I prefer Nashville so Penguins don't get no streak going. My primary concerns however is having a decent NHL team, especially on our back end. I doubt we'll have it next season.

Thanks to the parity I still endorse alternative approaches such as bribes, threats and voodoo (see earlier posts) to get us an edge. I'd like to see us in the playoffs again soon enough.

So Subban suggests Crosby told him his breath stinks....when Crosby was asked about it he said P.K. made it up.  So what's the deal here?  If Crosby said it, why would he deny it?  If he said it, the simple response is "lots of stuff said, etc." - it's not like this would be controversial, not a nasty comment or anything.  Flip side, if Crosby didn't say it, why would Subban say he did?  

1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

So Subban suggests Crosby told him his breath stinks....when Crosby was asked about it he said P.K. made it up.  So what's the deal here?  If Crosby said it, why would he deny it?  If he said it, the simple response is "lots of stuff said, etc." - it's not like this would be controversial, not a nasty comment or anything.  Flip side, if Crosby didn't say it, why would Subban say he did?  

I saw a different take on this suggesting Crosby said something worse but saying something joking around like that was PK's way of leaving it on the ice. Obviously that's just wild speculation but I guess it doesn't make any less sense than anything else? That or maybe PK is trying to create a distraction for Crosby/the pens? I don't know.. kind of a weird situation all around. 

I have NEVER seen a game stopped like that.  It's always been a review after the next whistle.

Edit: But it was the right call!

Edited by Y19