• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Looks like Matt Murray will be in goal tonight for the Pens.  I'd say that's the right call.  He's a better goalie in pretty much every way imaginable and he's been getting a lot of work these past few games.  The real goaltending question will be, which Pekka Rinne will show up?

28 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Am I the only one here thinking that both National Anthems of the United States, and Canada should be sung with pride before every game of the Stanley Cup Final?

Then again.....Someone will go full blown 'PC', and claim that every nation represented in the Cup Finals should have their anthem sung :sleepy:

There are lots out there that think no anthem should be played.  It is a bit weird to play US and CAN anthems when you have a team from Canada playing, but not when you have 2 US based teams though since either way you'll have most players being Cdn.  In tonight's game, there are 17 Canadian players playing and 12 American (which is high, PIT must have the most in the league).

Crosby sits on Subban and punches him in the head repeatedly. Obviously they get matching minors. 

Is the NHL even trying to hide their favoritism anymore? 

27 minutes ago, MPT said:

Crosby sits on Subban and punches him in the head repeatedly. Obviously they get matching minors. 

Is the NHL even trying to hide their favoritism anymore? 

At this point in the game, Subban needs to grab Crosby and start pounding away.  

13 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

This series is eerily starting to remind me of a dark moment in my past.  

Yes, remember we won first 2, lost next 2, we were tied 2-2, went back home, beat them 5-0 to go up 3-2, then they win 6 and 7. Very familiar! Does that mean Nashville wins in 7? Let's hope!

Nice bottle throw by thebench...of course officials "missed it...

Btw, haven't watched, just turned it on and seen the 5th goal replay. Has this been an "uncle gary" game or has Nashville been bad?

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, remember we won first 2, lost next 2, we were tied 2-2, went back home, beat them 5-0 to go up 3-2, then they win 6 and 7. Very familiar! Does that mean Nashville wins in 7? Let's hope!

I'll take it one step further, the Pens win/loss sequence in last year's Finals was identical to ours in 2008.  Now they're following the same pattern that we did in 2009.

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Having a high % of the NHL being Canadian born, and raised is why I feel both anthems should considered being represented in the Finals...Maybe even throughout the entire playoffs of all series.

Agreed. Its a NA league. Both anthems should be played at every game standard

13 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

There are lots out there that think no anthem should be played.  It is a bit weird to play US and CAN anthems when you have a team from Canada playing, but not when you have 2 US based teams though since either way you'll have most players being Cdn.  In tonight's game, there are 17 Canadian players playing and 12 American (which is high, PIT must have the most in the league).

I don't think they play the U.S anthem when two Canadian teams play do they?

I don't think it has anything to do with the players on the team. I think it's more about the home turf. If the game is on U.S soil the U.S anthem has to be played, if you're on Canadian soil, the Canadian anthem has to be played. Also I'm pretty sure it has more to do with playing the anthem for the fans and the city of the people that game is being played at or the city that is being represented in the game. Not to do with the players. If it had to do with the players on each team then they would have to start playing the Russian and Swedish anthem too.. So for instance if it's Nashville at Montreal - they should be playing the national anthem that those two cities/ state represent (U.S Anthem and Canadian Anthem), not based off what each individual player on the team represents, whether its 20 canadians, 20 swedes, 20 russians.

I.E- The players don't represent the nationality of the team. The city represents the nationality of the team. The Red Wings have a Swedish captain, and a good amount of Canadian and Czech players but the Red Wings are a U.S. American team. Born, raised, funded and headquartered in Detroit. Period. 

Edited by kickazz

10 hours ago, kickazz said:

I don't think they play the U.S anthem when two Canadian teams play do they?

I don't think it has anything to do with the players on the team. I think it's more about the home turf. If the game is on U.S soil the U.S anthem has to be played, if you're on Canadian soil, the Canadian anthem has to be played. Also I'm pretty sure it has more to do with playing the anthem for the fans and the city of the people that game is being played at or the city that is being represented in the game. Not to do with the players. If it had to do with the players on each team then they would have to start playing the Russian and Swedish anthem too.. So for instance if it's Nashville at Montreal - they should be playing the national anthem that those two cities represent (U.S Anthem and Canadian Anthem), not based off what each individual player on the team represents, whether its 20 canadians, 20 swedes, 20 russians.

No

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Live look at the Nashville goaltending situation:

Screen_shot_2011-03-24_at_12.48.34_PM_40

Chocolate icecream? I guess Vanilla is technically better.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

So it was Crosby who threw the water bottle at the Preds player right before the 5th goal. Anyone surprised? Of course NHL player safety is quiet...

If Zetterberg is Don Carleone, Crosby is Michael. He's an idiot but also invincible. 

Well, last chance for the Preds. Is this really happening? Pens one win away from a repeat? Was bound to happen that another team would do it, had to be them.

Rinne better wake the f*** up. Thought he was back to his brick wall self after games 3 and 4. Then follows it up with a 6-0 shutout loss. Clutch.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Well, last chance for the Preds. Is this really happening? Pens one win away from a repeat? Was bound to happen that another team would do it, had to be them.

Rinne better wake the f*** up. Thought he was back to his brick wall self after games 3 and 4. Then follows it up with a 6-0 shutout loss. Clutch.

I'll never forgive Washington and Ottawa for being so close and losing to these f***s.  

im still pissed i didnt get a chance to do the bracket this year because i picked both the preds and the pens in the finals sadly i picked them pricks to win in 6 i feel like i jinxed it i hope to be wrong although if im right i got nothing to show for it 

Edited by sjr2012

23 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So it was Crosby who threw the water bottle at the Preds player right before the 5th goal. Anyone surprised? Of course NHL player safety is quiet...

You can't be serious.  Firstly, he didn't throw it on purpose, he threw his arms up and was complaining about something and the bottle slipped out of his hand, at least that's what he said and he made a point of going and apologizing to all 4 officials on the ice and suggesting he didn't do it on purpose.  Not that it matters, but I tend to believe that because if he meant to throw it, he wouldn't have done so with his left hand, that make no sense.  Secondly, it wasn't right before the 5th goal because he was on the ice and assisted on it.  Thirdly, let's assume he did throw it on purpose for a minute...so what, should have been a penalty, which he admitted to whether on purpose or not, but what does player safety have to do with it?  You think they should suspend him?  I get the bias against him, but that's simply a stupid comment.