• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

You can't be serious.  Firstly, he didn't throw it on purpose, he threw his arms up and was complaining about something and the bottle slipped out of his hand, at least that's what he said and he made a point of going and apologizing to all 4 officials on the ice and suggesting he didn't do it on purpose.  Not that it matters, but I tend to believe that because if he meant to throw it, he wouldn't have done so with his left hand, that make no sense.  Secondly, it wasn't right before the 5th goal because he was on the ice and assisted on it.  Thirdly, let's assume he did throw it on purpose for a minute...so what, should have been a penalty, which he admitted to whether on purpose or not, but what does player safety have to do with it?  You think they should suspend him?  I get the bias against him, but that's simply a stupid comment.

Hmmmm, looks like 5-0 goal to me...

So it's safe to throw objects on the ice if you're Crosby? He endangered 10 skaters on the ice. Hey let's just let everyone throw objects all over the ice, if it's not dangerous to players,  why not? Cups, bottles, sticks, more pucks, helmets, children....

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So it's safe to throw objects on the ice if you're Crosby? He endangered 10 skaters on the ice. Hey let's just let everyone throw objects all over the ice, if it's not dangerous to players,  why not? Cups, bottles, sticks, more pucks, helmets, children....

The scariest thing is that you're serious. lol

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Sticks, helmets, and bottles are often are laying on the ice. It used to often be the bottle off the goalie net before they made a case for it. Never seen a water bottle related injury, though I'd love to see that injury report.

You can't really think it was dangerous. No one was even close to it.

A bench minor penalty shall be imposed against the offending Team if any player, Trainer, Coach, Manager or club executive in the vicinity of the players’ bench or penalty bench throws anything on the ice during the progress of the game or during stoppage of play.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

A bench minor penalty shall be imposed against the offending Team if any player, Trainer, Coach, Manager or club executive in the vicinity of the players’ bench or penalty bench throws anything on the ice during the progress of the game or during stoppage of play.

Yeah a bench minor...and you're ranting and raving about getting player safety involved. lol 

But yeah you're right...this missed 2 minute minor penalty will undoubtedly be a huge priority at the GM meetings...lol

I mean the bottom line is Crosby should have gotten a penalty for it. Regardless of how extreme of an argument Leftwinger is making and the rest of you are to make fun of him.

Crosby should have gotten a penalty period. Regardless of whether or not it was on purpose. 

5th goal may not have happened, Preds could have scored on the PP they should have gotten and could have turned the tide. Speculations but still, the penalty should have been called nonetheless. 

Let's be honest, Crosby does get away with too much s***. Guy nearly chopped another guys finger off and nothing came about it. I think that's the point here. Beyond all the water bottle bulls***, the point is Crosby gets away with things and the bottle is just a small example of it. 

Next, Crosby crosschecked Subban's head literally 10 times and got a godam matching minor for it along with Subban. This dude literally gets away from anything, anywhere and at any time whether it's a water bottle, finger chopping, head cross checking. 

Edited by kickazz

Simply put...he should have gotten a penalty because the rule exists to protect players on the ice....again, player safety. Crosby has reckless regard for it.

Number9, just watch ther video, even Ed Olzcyk called him out on it on the NBC broadcast.

Edited by LeftWinger

I think Subban's head into the ice was a big deal (maybe suspension worthy?) and the bottle should have been a penalty. It's very understandable that the refs missed it, though, since they would rarely be looking at the bench when play is far away from it. Just the idea that the bottle is dangerous is over the top.  

And for the record, I think the finger chop was just a freak incident of a slash that happens all the time uncalled.

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I think Subban's head into the ice was a big deal (maybe suspension worthy?) and the bottle should have been a penalty. It's very understandable that the refs missed it, though, since they would rarely be looking at the bench when play is far away from it. Just the idea that the bottle is dangerous is over the top.  

And for the record, I think the finger chop was just a freak incident of a slash that happens all the time uncalled.

Exactly my point. He got away with that blatant disregard for player safety and he was given a pass on the water bottle. 

Imagine Abby doing that to Subban....suspension. or even throwing the water bottle...penalty. no doubt.

Edited by LeftWinger

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

It's a penalty because it's unsafe to throw objects at players. Unsafe to players, from the Greek word Player Saftey.

It's a penalty because it's unsportsmanlike and because it could impede the game (a pass could hit the bottle) not because it's a great danger.

It's rule 41(k) - the whole section is about abuse of officials, unsportsmanlike infractions.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Exactly my point. He got away with that blatant disregard for player safety and he was given a pass on the water bottle. 

Imagine Abby doing that to Subban....suspension. or even throwing the water bottle...penalty. no doubt.

But there's plenty of players that get away stuff like that. The Subban headslam is very reminiscent of Weber slamming Z's head into the boards. The league has shown, if there's no injury or if there isn't a big uproar from a team, they won't act on it. It's not a crosby conspiracy.

And I don't think he was given a pass on the bottle. I guarantee by the time an official sees the bottle they can't see if it was intentionally thrown when they look at the bench. They don't have the view that camera showed - they'd be looking at the play or that attempted slash behind the play.

46 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

But there's plenty of players that get away stuff like that. The Subban headslam is very reminiscent of Weber slamming Z's head into the boards. The league has shown, if there's no injury or if there isn't a big uproar from a team, they won't act on it. It's not a crosby conspiracy.

And I don't think he was given a pass on the bottle. I guarantee by the time an official sees the bottle they can't see if it was intentionally thrown when they look at the bench. They don't have the view that camera showed - they'd be looking at the play or that attempted slash behind the play.

So you don't think there's a league wide conspiracy to do right by Sidney Crosby?... Interesting take... 

... I agree.

I think early on in Sid's career a ton of the flack was warranted. He whined too much and deserved much of what he got. 

Now I don't really get it. He doesn't whine and stays out of most things. Does he retaliate and cross the line every so often? Yeah he does. But he also takes more on-ice abuse than any player I've ever seen.

At this point it's all sour grapes and jealousy. The guys a hell of a player with a ton of heart.

58 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

I think early on in Sid's career a ton of the flack was warranted. He whined too much and deserved much of what he got. 

Now I don't really get it. He doesn't whine and stays out of most things. Does he retaliate and cross the line every so often? Yeah he does. But he also takes more on-ice abuse than any player I've ever seen.

At this point it's all sour grapes and jealousy. The guys a hell of a player with a ton of heart.

I disagree, much like Weber and other superstars, there are times where the refs have given him leniency. It happens. Superstars get away with things and it's not just the NHL. Hell Lebron James elbowed a guy in the nuts in the NBA finals series a few days ago and got away with it. These professional leagues aren't very objective. Repeat offenders get harder punishments (NHL hearings mention this all the time). Superstars are given the benefit of the doubt. 

Crosby plays with a ton of heart, best player in the game, best generational talent in the last 15 years. Don't disagree with any of them But Leftwinger isn't wrong. He just doesn't know how to argue with you guys. 

Edited by kickazz

I don't think a single person would disagree that superstars get away with things, but Crosby doesn't get away with more than any other superstars, like people like to suggest. Like SoaW mentioned, he also puts up with way more s*** than most players. I also agree that a lot of it is sour grapes and jealousy. We're starting to see and hear the same bulls*** with McDavid now. It's annoying as f***...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think a single person would disagree that superstars get away with things, but Crosby doesn't get away with more than any other superstars, like people like to suggest. Like SoaW mentioned, he also puts up with way more s*** than most players. I also agree that a lot of it is sour grapes and jealousy. We're starting to see and hear the same bulls*** with McDavid now. It's annoying as f***...

We heard the same thing with Gretzky as well.  Big difference with Crosby is that he takes crap on the ice that Wayne never had to deal with....but that's just the times.  Superstars don't get away with as much in the NHL as they do in the other leagues though.

There's nothing to argue...plain as day, black and white, bench penalty. They don't want to argue, they just want to try to make fun. Hell one guy said it wasn't the 5-0 goal because Crosby got an assist. They don't even want to get the facts before they take shots.

Edited by LeftWinger