• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

On 2017-06-10 at 8:21 PM, LeftWinger said:

Hmmmm, looks like 5-0 goal to me...

So it's safe to throw objects on the ice if you're Crosby? He endangered 10 skaters on the ice. Hey let's just let everyone throw objects all over the ice, if it's not dangerous to players,  why not? Cups, bottles, sticks, more pucks, helmets, children....

The Pens players and their fans really like throwing things on the ice. This Crosby thing isn't bad, but when it's supposed to result in a penalty, call it. Wonder if they still had that douchebag Cooke, and he threw it, would it be called?Game 7 against Ottawa was an embarrassment when they started tossing anything and everything on the ice after Kessel's  supposed goal. And not just during a stoppage of play. DURING play. Would have been great karma if Crosby or Malkin or that loudmouth Murray caught something in their skate and twisted a knee because of what their own fans did. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Go back, it first starts as arguing that it wasn't a penalty, it wasn't Crosby, it wasn't thrown....blah blah.

Meanwhile quick whistle by uncle gary...

Sidney loves his uncle Gary.

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Go back, it first starts as arguing that it wasn't a penalty, it wasn't Crosby, it wasn't thrown....blah blah.

Meanwhile quick whistle by uncle gary...

Only because you asked, I did go back and read every post...."it wasn't a penalty" - not a single person said that...."it wasn't Crosby" - not a single person said that...."it wasn't thrown" - you guessed it, not a single person said that.

On Sat Jun 10 2017 at 5:30 PM, toby91_ca said:

You can't be serious.  Firstly, he didn't throw it on purpose, he threw his arms up and was complaining about something and the bottle slipped out of his hand, at least that's what he said and he made a point of going and apologizing to all 4 officials on the ice and suggesting he didn't do it on purpose.  Not that it matters, but I tend to believe that because if he meant to throw it, he wouldn't have done so with his left hand, that make no sense.  Secondly, it wasn't right before the 5th goal because he was on the ice and assisted on it.  Thirdly, let's assume he did throw it on purpose for a minute...so what, should have been a penalty, which he admitted to whether on purpose or not, but what does player safety have to do with it?  You think they should suspend him?  I get the bias against him, but that's simply a stupid comment.

Son of Wing, I'll just leave this here...

1 minute ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

What a cheap ending. 

Not that it's over yet, but not cheap at all....Nashville didn't really think there was interference there, but with 1 min left, challenging was a no brainer

It's official. Jonathan Toews is no longer the FAKE Canadian hockey hero.

Welcome back Crosby and Malkin. Take your place amongst the #1 and 2 spot as you deserve it. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

It's official. Jonathan Toews is no longer the Canadian hockey hero.

Welcome back Crosby and Malkin. Take your place amongst the #1 and 2 spot as you deserve it. 

Conn Smythe choice between Crosby and Malkin will be super close I'd guess.  Crosby as been way better in the finals, but trails Malkin overall by 1pt.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Playoff streak gone. Last back to back champ status gone. This season somehow continues to get worse.

Last team to sweep the Finals.  Back to back no less.  

Just now, datterberg1340 said:

well, too bad Nashville couldn't force game 7

at least the Pens don't get to celebrate on home ice (again)

but if they three-peat I'm gonna vomit

Where's David Volek when you need him?

Nice suit Mario.  Too bad the 70's ended like thirty years ago.  

Just now, kickazz said:

Good s***, another point against Toews. Crosby wins two MVPs in a row. 

Undeservedly, though.  You can't tell me he should have won it last year.  This year was more of a toss up between him and Malkin.

Edited by GMRwings1983

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

More like 50.

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Undeservedly, though.  You can't tell me he should have won it last year.  This year was more of a toss up between him and Malkin.

Last year should have been Kessel. But the world "undeservedly" might apply to Crosby like once, and a million times to Toews. Which is why I don't mind Crosby getting it. Anything that helps him re-establish sense into hockey media and press. Hopefully they drool on Crosby for the next 4 or 5 years. 

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

More like 50.

Last year should have been Kessel. But the world "undeservedly" might apply to Crosby like once, and a million times to Toews. Which is why I don't mind Crosby getting it. Anything that helps him re-establish sense into hockey media and press. Hopefully they drool on Crosby for the next 4 or 5 years. 

Tayes' Conn Smythe was more deserved than both of Crosby's.  Just look at the numbers Tayes put up that playoff season.

Just now, chaps80 said:

Anddd '97-'98 stands no more. The Pens have taken the current repeat title. Awesome.

Look at my post on the last page.  We still have something to hold on to.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Crosby was my choice this year, I thought he deserved it more than Malkin...Malkin only had 1 more point, but Crosby effectively played 2 less games and was by far the best player in the finals and did more than Malkin beyond points.  Last year, it was close, I was surprised he won, but didn't mind it too much...Kessel could have easily won (same as Malkin this year), but Kessel is just way more one dimensional.  Kind of like in 2002 when you could have argued a few Wings.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Anddd '97-'98 stands no more. The Pens have taken the current repeat title. Awesome.

Does anyone really care much about this though? Wings being the last to win 2 in a row?  Doesn't mean much to me.  I doubt anyone thinks about the Islanders holding on to the last team to win 4 in a row.

1 minute ago, toby91_ca said:

Crosby was my choice this year, I thought he deserved it more than Malkin...Malkin only had 1 more point, but Crosby effectively played 2 less games and was by far the best player in the finals and did more than Malkin beyond points.  Last year, it was close, I was surprised he won, but didn't mind it too much...Kessel could have easily won (same as Malkin this year), but Kessel is just way more one dimensional.  Kind of like in 2002 when you could have argued a few Wings.

If not for Donald Trump, Malkin would have won it.  Clear Russian bias.  Also, Crosby hates black people, as evidenced in the last game.