• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, kliq said:

I see where our differences come from, I don't have the same level of admiration towards LaBron James that you do. 

He is now #1 in scoring in the playoffs, but it took him 216 games (compared to 179 games of Jordan), and playing in a weak conference on stacked teams ensuring going to the finals every year to do so. IMO he is nowhere near the level of a Michael Jordan and never will be. But this is not the place for this argument. Also, my argument with Crosby was PPG not total points.

Based on what you think of LaBron, I would agree with what you are saying. Since I dont agree with your opinion of LaBron, I obviously dont agree with your opinion. I agree to agree to disagree lol.

d347dbd24428b06f58b33169d1340a2c.jpg

37 minutes ago, kliq said:

I see where our differences come from, I don't have the same level of admiration towards LaBron James that you do. 

He is now #1 in scoring in the playoffs, but it took him 216 games (compared to 179 games of Jordan), and playing in a weak conference on stacked teams ensuring going to the finals every year to do so. IMO he is nowhere near the level of a Michael Jordan and never will be. But this is not the place for this argument. Also, my argument with Crosby was PPG not total points.

Based on what you think of LaBron, I would agree with what you are saying. Since I dont agree with your opinion of LaBron, I obviously dont agree with your opinion. I agree to agree to disagree lol.

Right on, understandable.

2 hours ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Come on now, they earned those championships.  Even the one against us, as much as I hate to say that.  You can blame Bettman all you want, but there are several reasons why they went back to back: 

1. They replaced meltdown Fleury with an elite goalie in Murray.
2. Sullivan knows his players and knows how to get the most out of them.  Letang got injured, didn't matter, they just plugged in another guy and kept going.
3. Crosby's not the immature player he was 5 years ago.  He's always been talented, but now that he's acting more like a leader and less like a spoiled brat, its contributing to the teams recent success.
4. The Eastern conference is actually pretty weak right now.  The Caps are the closest team to being considered elite besides the Pens and they haven't gotten past the 2nd round since they lost to us in the Finals.  No fault of their own, but Pittsburgh really doesn't have much competition to get to the Finals.  Then to boot, in the Finals they played the Sharks (11th best team in the playoffs last year) and then the Predators (worst team to qualify for the playoffs this year).  They're taking advantage of a good situation right now.

How they built the foundation for their 5 Stanley Cups is kind of pathetic.  They tanked on purpose to draft Mario Lemieux.  Then they tanked on purpose to get Malkin and Crosby.   

And who is LaBron?  

Edited by GMRwings1983

17 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

How they built the foundation for their 5 Stanley Cups is kind of pathetic.  They tanked on purpose to draft Mario Lemieux.  Then they tanked on purpose to get Malkin and Crosby.   

Oh yeah, that was kind of my other point, I forgot.  It makes sense that Chicago and Pittsburgh are the top two teams in the salary cap era seeing as how they were the two worst teams right before it.  So going into the cap era, they accumulated all this young high end talent through the draft, which is pretty much the only way you can win now because of the cap.  You can't really build a championship caliber team through free agency anymore.  Now 6 of the last 9 championships were won both those two teams.  So basically the system kind of helped them too.  

Unless most of you did not know I strongly oppose the cap and the aim with it, being parity. I hope it brings the game down enough to warrant a change.

With that said, I congratulate Pittsburgh to another cup. If anything I like that Hörnqvist contributed heavily, reminding me of Holmström. I like them Swedish grunts in front of the goalie.

1 hour ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Oh yeah, that was kind of my other point, I forgot.  It makes sense that Chicago and Pittsburgh are the top two teams in the salary cap era seeing as how they were the two worst teams right before it.  So going into the cap era, they accumulated all this young high end talent through the draft, which is pretty much the only way you can win now because of the cap.  You can't really build a championship caliber team through free agency anymore.  Now 6 of the last 9 championships were won both those two teams.  So basically the system kind of helped them too.  

Yeah, I'll give Chicago and Pittsburgh credit for making good free agent acquisitions and drafting players that others didn't want to draft.  However, let's face it, these teams wouldn't go anywhere if not for their superstars, who they obtained through deliberate tanking (even though they won't admit it).  

Not sure why people care about this.  It stood for almost 20 years and it was bound to change hands eventually.  The Pens repeating today doesn't erase what we did then, nor does it make it less impressive.

Obviously it was going to happen eventually. My point was it's the ******* Pens that did it. ANY team but them doing it would be easier to take. And not getting to experience the satisfaction of them getting so close and not completing it, especially had they lost to Ottawa in Game 7 2OT at home in front of their idiot fans, sucked.

Is what it is though. Been a few days, whatever. Time to focus on the entry and expansion drafts, possible trades and signings. and finally, training camp and what the final roster is for '17-'18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Somewhere Ovie is curled-up in a fetal position, and fighting back the tears...Or maybe he's on the beach with former Playboy models.

It's Ovechkin. He doesn't cry. He's with the models making us gentleman cry instead. 

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Obviously it was going to happen eventually. My point was it's the ******* Pens that did it. ANY team but them doing it would be easier to take. And not getting to experience the satisfaction of them getting so close and not completing it, especially had they lost to Ottawa in Game 7 2OT at home in front of their idiot fans, sucked.

Doesn't matter who it is.  Just think of how sweet it'll be to take back that title as the last team to repeat FROM the Pens.