• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Red Wings In On Player From Russia

Rate this topic

Take him back for nothing more than $2 million one year contract. If that. He underperformed in the KHL and  that league is not as good comparatively. 

Also there is absolutely no "hint" in his words that he has an "itch" to return to the NHL as the author is claiming. All he said that if there was a chance to consider any deals it would only be to Detroit but he is happy with being in SKA.

It's likely a political statement by Datsyuk to show that he's still loyal to Detroit. Not sure if it changes managements mind about what he did (trust me they probably aren't happy he didn't honor that contract) but good try I guess.

That's not to say if he wanted to come back we wouldn't take him. We would obviously take all the help we can get for this team. He would be useful for PP, maybe some offensive zone faceoffs but with his bad health they won't/shouldn't offer him much money. 

Edited by kickazz

56 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

There is no "hint that he has an itch to return."  He basically said if he DID go back to the NHL it would be Detroit or nothing.

Kind of reminds me of Hasek. I remember when he said the same thing a year after he retired. "If" he came back, it'd be for Detroit (I think he threw Ottawa in there as well.) I think he has a bit of an itch, but that's probably normal of players that leave or retire.

Edited by LeftWinger