• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Would be nice to see a team there - instant rivalry with the Canucks, and if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

As an MSU alum I can get behind this color scheme

15 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I think all that's needed is to give it a 'retro' flair by having ties/laces around the collar.

I recall having this very same discussion a few months back...Those questioning Key Arena renovations is due to the apparent lack of access/parking, but it seems a lot more likely for an NHL franchise to arrive well before the NBA.

Many in that area are also familiar to hockey courtesy of the WHL.

Deja Vu

The Seattle Thunderbirds used to play in the Key Arena. That barn needs serious renovations before an NHL team could play there.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Listening to the sound bite it was mentioned how the renovation will involve digging deeper, and reconstruction the bowl/s to create enough seating room for approx 18,000 fans.

The people involved have some deep pockets, and are fans of the game...Seems like a good idea if you ask me.

Digging? Oh boy

The bowl definitely needs to be redone. I don't have a fear of heights, but it's one of these stadiums that is so steep that I remember thinking "whoa, definitely don't slip and fall or youre a goner"

Seattle has a boat load of millionaire/billionaire types. I have confidence they can get whatever they need done.  

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Nothing against Vegas, or Seattle, but IMHO QC 'deserves' a team before the other 2.

As of right now I am not aware of any franchise looking to relocate...It might be quite some time before QC gets an NHL club.

yea but wouldnt QC be eastern conference? the west needs to even back up 

On 6/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, F.Michael said:

if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

-4 points for appropriation of Irish Culture. -9,001 points for appropriation of Indigenous Peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America's Culture. -777 points for no frogs.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Florida can move there

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I'd feel bad for those players.  You go from beaches, strip clubs, palm trees and fast cars to a Siberian climate full of French people with an inferiority complex. Ouch! 

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I'd feel bad for those players.  You go from beaches, strip clubs, palm trees and fast cars to a Siberian climate full of French people with an inferiority complex. Ouch! 

They'd probably be used to the people, though, since there's a mini-exodus each year of Canadians who move to Florida for the winter (mostly from eastern Canada).

There's even a community about a half an hour away from the Panthers arena that's been known as Floribec.

Russo reporting that the Wild/Blues will play a preseason game in Kansas City this year, likely to gauge fan interest.

Expand into Seattle to even up the conferences.

Move Arizona to Kansas City

Move Carolina to Quebec City

Whamo, NHL fixed

On 6/13/2017 at 10:42 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Russo reporting that the Wild/Blues will play a preseason game in Kansas City this year, likely to gauge fan interest.

Expand into Seattle to even up the conferences.

Move Arizona to Kansas City

Move Carolina to Quebec City

Whamo, NHL fixed

So what's all this talk about Kansas City?

On 6/13/2017 at 2:21 PM, F.Michael said:

While it makes sense to us - Bettman & Co probably see things differently (hence all the bull$hit in Glendale, AZ).

I honestly would be surprised to see any team in the east to move to QC...Seems like they're all doing well enough to stay put...For now.

Being in NC and going to both wings games in Carolina, Lets just say we pack the house and not the cane fans. Even though i am a wings fan I still would like to see the team in NC just for eco reasons and to catch 2 extra games local a year, but attendance is awful! Owner trying to get money and not loose control at the same time. Renting out the RBC center for super cheap for years to come with a large buy back to move would be the only thing to keep them put. Think the total value for the team is 200mil which in the grand scheme of things is low. 

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Unlike the Yotes - the Canes seem to have 'just enough' support from the area, and a good enough owner/s where the chance of them moving is sorta slim right now...Then again the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg was a bit of a surprise since it was all deals under the table, or so it least seemed that way.

From what I've heard from my cousin who lives in Phoenix, the Gila River Arena is a pain in the ass for most in the metro area to get to, especially to games on week nights because of rush hour. I think they'd have better numbers if they were in a more central location, and you know, not a dumpster team. 

On 12/6/2017 at 4:53 AM, Dabura said:

-4 points for appropriation of Irish Culture. -9,001 points for appropriation of Indigenous Peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America's Culture. -777 points for no frogs.

It's called Coast Salish. ;)

here's your frogge

embark_logomark_HIRES_0.jpg

the rarest of pepe's

Edited by NerveDamage