• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

What's the team nickname going to be? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/ranking-15-nickname-suggestions-for-a-future-nhl-expansion-team-in-seattle/

Some good ones in there. Surprised the Metropolitans aren't listed. Would like to see Seals return to the NHL somewhere. Whatever it would be, they have to bring back these sweaters. 

download.jpg.31634294c60ff7714386bb38b8c48e01.jpg

Update on the NHL in Seattle:

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/12/4/16736568/nhl-expansion-seattle-relocation-keyarena-renovation-city-council-vote

The question now is, who gets expansion and who gets relocation? The league can get as much as 600 million dollars as an expansion fee. So I think that happens first. My guess is that Seattle gets expansion to even out the conferences and Quebec City and Houston are favorites for relocation.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 6/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, F.Michael said:

Would be nice to see a team there - instant rivalry with the Canucks, and if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

I honestly hate the top one. The black that fills the void areas makes the logo look terrible to me.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, F.Michael said:

Would be nice to see a team there - instant rivalry with the Canucks, and if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

Little late to the party but aren't they the same? Pens fan = Spawn of Satan or are those Hawks or Leafs fans. Can't keep track ...

18 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Seattle Hipsters.  The only beer they sell is PBR, fans wearing skinny jeans and glasses with no lenses get 25% off their admission, and they'll NEVER sell out, man!

Wouldn't PBR be too macro for hipsters? Or their taps will just pour out Starbuck's coffee.

If they don't show up, it's because they expect the team to be publicly owned and tickets to be free.

I am surprised by this news. Until now, Seattleites' priority in professional sports put hockey at the bottom of their list.

Fun Fact, via deadspin dot com:

There’s an expansion fee—$650 million, which is $150 million more than Las Vegas paid. (Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the fee is different because of the market and because of inflation.) Basically, this is the same process that prefigured the Vegas Golden Knights’ birth, and barring anything unexpected, this feels inevitable.

Edited by cusimano_brothers
misspelled link

16 hours ago, cusimano_brothers said:

I am surprised by this news. Until now, Seattleites' priority in professional sports put hockey at the bottom of their list.

Fun Fact, via deadspin dot com:

Seattle is the largest North American city without a winter sports team (NBA or NHL). They've been trying to remedy that for some time, and just spent tons of money to upgrade the Key arena to be more suitable for the NHL. It would seem they are more interested in hockey right now then basketball, and that the NHL is more interested than the NBA.

Also, a recent poll showed that Seattle has the highest number of hockey fans among US cities without a NHL team. (Can't find the link now)

The Coyotes almost moved there in 2013:

https://deadspin.com/the-coyotes-were-damned-close-to-moving-to-seattle-1643791488

The NHL is coming to Seattle by 2020. Book it.

On 12/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Im digging on the NHL finally putting roots back in the U.S. Northwest. Long overdue considering the market and economy. Hell Id delay my 2-3 yearly flights to Seattle, to drop some cash on a game, food, merch, and hotel. In return, they can TAX the blood out of me.

Oh the liberals here vote yes on everything. That's coming.

22 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If they don't go 'Old School', and go with the 'Totems', and resurrect those awesome jerseys...I'll have to blame the liberals/millennials.

Amen

I'm partial to Steelheads and Sockeyes, but I'm pretty sure Mississauga won't give up Steelheads.

I also like the idea of Sealions so I chant ARF ARF ARF after every goal

m5S1uww.jpg

Those are beauties. The only problem I see is that the first one has a totem on it which is a sacred object among native tribes of the NW. Seattle is the snowflake capitol of the world, so I am sure it will be seen as offensive: Not by American Indians, but by the Social Justice Warriors who love to be offended for everyone else.

Surprised Barista's isn't a choice have a big coffee mug on the front of the jersey. When a hat trick is scored coffee cups instead of hats are thrown on ice. Penalty box is the Penalty pot.  No offending any group as everyone in Seattle is jacked on java. 

Totems or anything related to indigenous people would be cultural appropriation, it'd never fly nopw.  Hell, millennials think that "Friends" is "problematic."

Seattle Sasquatch would be interesting.  They could get Jack Links to be a major sponsor.  

20 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Totems or anything related to indigenous people would be cultural appropriation, it'd never fly nopw.  Hell, millennials think that "Friends" is "problematic."

Seattle Sasquatch would be interesting.  They could get Jack Links to be a major sponsor.  

Oberto is from Seattle, so more likely them. But Squatches is a name I could get behind.

Friends is transphobic dude, I mean mam, I mean it