• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This just popped up one neighborhood over from me. Beautiful car, anyone know the make & model?

6zux0vsxtqg11.jpg

Mercedes Benz CLA Coupe 250 CGI Sport. the right car for when your PENIS is too small

Edited by NerveDamage

6 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

Mercedes Benz CLA Coupe 250 CGI Sport. the right car for when your PENIS is too small

Way off. It's a Saturn Vue. 2005 or earlier. A passable economy SUV, though if I were car shopping I'd prefer something newer.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:14 AM, Buppy said:

Way off. It's a Saturn Vue. 2005 or earlier. A passable economy SUV, though if I were car shopping I'd prefer something newer.

Damn beat me to it.

That tree in the middle of the ‘O’ of the OVG any indication that it could also be a team moniker - maybe the ‘Oakies’?

Then again when I hear someone say Oakie - I’d think of Okie, and the Joad’s from the Grapes of Wrath.

Edited by F.Michael

40 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Damn beat me to it.

That tree in the middle of the ‘O’ of the OVG any indication that it could also be a team moniker - maybe the ‘Oakies’?

Then again when I hear someone say Oakie - I’d think of Okie, and the Joad’s from the Grapes of Wrath.

Clearly the team has already been named The Seattle 16 West Harrison's

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Apparently in the land of triggered-millennials they dislike the possibility of 'Totems' being the team name...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/03/20/fans-are-already-upset-with-the-potential-seattle-nhl-team-name/111140596/

How anyone can dislike that name, and this logo is mind numbing...

100thingsbluesfans.gif

the millennial generation is for the most part ******* retarded (trigger warning)

Imagine if they decided to name the team the Seattle ChirstoperReeve'sLegs or the Seattle Number9's... would I be mad? Hell nah, that'd be like the highest honor ever. I would rejoice. Naming a multi-million dollar sports team after a Native American icon is celebration of Native American culture. It's sad that liberals want us to white wash the team name. A Pacific Northwest Totem team would be badass.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

the millennial generation is for the most part ******* retarded (trigger warning)

Imagine if they decided to name the team the Seattle ChirstoperReeve'sLegs or the Seattle Number9's... would I be mad? Hell nah, that'd be like the highest honor ever. I would rejoice. Naming a multi-million dollar sports team after a Native American icon is celebration of Native American culture. It's sad that liberals want us to white wash the team name. A Pacific Northwest Totem team would be badass.

image.png.c0d8d9fb31e23b147691e456db709a7b.pngimage.png.73eefa5e8877eed257e2108d45eb3208.png

2 more wicked logo's that are currently found in the WHL that just happen to be in the Pacific Northwest, and have a Native American theme to them.

For the love of God - we don't need this expansion to have a lame name like the Golden Knights...Sorry Vegas - everything about it simply sucks.

Edited by F.Michael

33 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

image.png.c0d8d9fb31e23b147691e456db709a7b.pngimage.png.73eefa5e8877eed257e2108d45eb3208.png

2 more wicked logo's that are currently found in the WHL that just happen to be in the Pacific Northwest, and have a Native American theme to them.

For the love of God - we don't need this expansion to have a lame name like the Golden Knights...Sorry Vegas - everything about it simply sucks.

Agreed. All of the names I've seen floating around are better than Golden Knights.

Ya, but in this snowflake, liberal, butt hurt world, will the left stand for the logo honoring, er, I mean "racially offending" Native Americans? (Even though most Native Americans, like myself (Chippewa) aren't offended at all.)

Sorry, do not want to start a debate about that, but you all know that it would 100% come into play while choosing a mascot/logo.

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, but in this snowflake, liberal, butt hurt world, will the left stand for the logo honoring, er, I mean "racially offending" Native Americans? (Even though most Native Americans, like myself (Chippewa) aren't offended at all.)

Sorry, do not want to start a debate about that, but you all know that it would 100% come into play while choosing a mascot/logo.

Ah. So the world is "liberal" now? ( looks out the window) Could have fooled me. 

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dumbest names EVER!!! 

Overreacting and misplaced enthusiasm are as old as humanity.  It is also a social construct in other species.  It continues to be falsely attributed to millennials because of a corresponding rise in an actual phenomenon, the internet.  Individuals and groups who don’t overreact, by definition almost, have no use of a mouthpiece, therefore remain as they always have, absent from the public consciousness.  

The “social justice warriors” of the present time exist as they always have with their inevitable corresponding counterpart, as evidenced in this thread.  

All progress carries in its wake teleologically vacuous imitation.  The presence of this is an indicator of social advancement.  

The Seattle team logo not including a totem pole is likely as harmless as it having one.  The solution as always is rationale discourse, it will shine a spotlight on all those ill prepared to mount a defense of their convictions.  

I personally enjoy when a team is represented by a locally specific attribution.  Though, ascetically, the Seals Jersey is the most appealing.   

Edited by Mckinley25

The saddest thing is, it seems that it's The SJW "White" America who are the ones that complain and call things like this "racist" or "bigotry."  

BTW @Mckinley25 that was a hell of a worded post! :clap:

I too enjoy when a sports team or even a local business "honors" the local heritage. I was actually more offended and upset when Eastern Michigan switched from the Hurons, to the Eagles, although Eagles is a great Mascot, I felt that Huron's actually celebrated the heritage.

Anyhow, I do hope that when Seattle has a team, they adopt a name that also celebrate local history and or heritage. Heck they could always bring back the Whalers logo! There are whales in Seattle. Although the star attraction are Orca's (which would clash with the Canucks Logo obviously) Seattle is also know for Minke, Gray and Humpback whales, which are also very common during the peak whale watching season. 

Seattle Whalers....nice ring to it!

It is weird how some American Indians embrace the use of their tribal or national names in sports (Florida State Seminoles) and how others seem to be offended by it and try to remove it (North Dakota Fighting Sioux). I see the validity in arguing against using names like "Redskins" for example. But removing any other references to American Indian heritage like "Indians" or "Braves" or even "Totems" and removing mascots and characters of an Indian heritage seems too far IMO. As long as the purpose of these team names are to honor our Native American past, and as long as those of American Indian heritage living in the area where the teams are based are not bothered by it, then changing it is just PC run amok and an example of people being offended for others needlessly.

My high school’s mascot was a Native American wearing a war bonnet, and we were called the Warriors.  There was a bit of discussion in the 90’s over whether or not it should be changed.  There were some members of the local Native American community that found the logo and name offensive, not because of the subject featured, but because of the violent portrayal.   

I do not see that as an unreasonable position to hold.  A more innocuous mascot could both honor local heritage and not paint unfavorable generalizations.

Further adding to unfavorable generalizations, the current generation is commonly labeled as easily offended or referred to as “snow flakes” or some other dubious moniker that insinuates an inability to emotionally handle conflicting view points.  This reeks of disingenuousness when you consider how recent it was that a person of different skin color couldn’t share a drinking fountain or even an academic facility without creating an extent of discomfort that institutionalized segregation!  Nothing the “politically correct” movement has shown ire for is even remotely close to the moral fragility possessed by the racist, xenophobic and sexist movements of only a few generations past!  I am wary of anyone offering an interpretation of social justice warriors being a worsening trend in view of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

We are much  less easily offended at present than we ever have been.  

Edited by Mckinley25

12 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

My high school’s mascot was a Native American wearing a war bonnet, and we were called the Warriors.  There was a bit of discussion in the 90’s over whether or not it should be changed.  There were some members of the local Native American community that found the logo and name offensive, not because of the subject featured, but because of the violent portrayal.   

I do not see that as an unreasonable position to hold.  A more innocuous mascot could both honor local heritage and not paint unfavorable generalizations.

Further adding to unfavorable generalizations, the current generation is commonly labeled as easily offended or referred to as “snow flakes” or some other dubious moniker that insinuates an inability emotionally handle conflicting view points.  This reeks of disingenuousness when you consider how recent it was that a person of different skin color couldn’t share a drinking fountain or even an academic facility without creating an extent of discomfort that institutionalized segregation!  Nothing the “politically correct” movement has shown ire for is even remotely close to the moral fragility possessed by the racist, xenophobic and sexist movements of only a few generations past!  I am wary of anyone offering an interpretation of social justice warriors being a worsening trend in view of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

We are much  less easily offended at present than we ever have been.  

You from Michigan? I think I remember hearing about that Warriors thing back in the day. But even if it's a different school, I don't doubt that the same debate existed somewhere else.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You from Michigan? I think I remember hearing about that Warriors thing back in the day. But even if it's a different school, I don't doubt that the same debate existed somewhere else.

Yes. I went to White Pine High School in the UP.  Sadly the school has since closed down.

2 hours ago, Mckinley25 said:

Yes. I went to White Pine High School in the UP.  Sadly the school has since closed down.

Not the school I was thinking but same mascot. It was in southeast Michigan. They're still called Warriors, but I think the logo has changed.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Not the school I was thinking but same mascot. It was in southeast Michigan. They're still called Warriors, but I think the logo has changed.

It’s possible that incident precipitated our own, we wouldn’t have generated much media coverage ourselves, but it could have opened the doors to concerns in our community.  We after all only had about 50 students in my high school.