• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

"God's Country " is a state of mind or a feeling. I can look out over any vista in West Michigan and say the same thing. I happen to think there is no state more beautiful than Michigan. Especially the West Michigan area.

Lighthouse-1597x499.thumb.jpg.10abdf8298ae6c88d313aa115e45b88b.jpg

"God's Country."

Michigan is not a country.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Correct. U2 is THE band.

Should be called U-Snowflakes. They're just too "bleeding heart" for me. I don't care to hear a bands political position when they sing. But they have lasted the times!

..and I have to admit, I was at the Zoo TV tour at The Palace with The Pixies, Then I saw them again later that year at the Silverdome with Primus.

Edited by LeftWinger

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Should be called U-Snowflakes. They're just too "bleeding heart" for me. I don't care to hear a bands political position when they sing. But they have lasted the times!

..and I have to admit, I was at the Zoo TV tour at The Palace with The Pixies, Then I saw them again later that year at the Silverdome with Primus.

Call them whatever you want, they are arguably the greatest rock band of the last 40 years.

LOL. In an industry dominated by a very narrow line of thinking with little tolerance for differing viewpoints, what do you expect? Outside the studio, U2 has been involved in a lot of social and political issues for sure, but they have been very apolitical in their music since the late 80s.

Now to get this thread back on track, I dedicate this song to my boy Jimmy Howard...

Your hands are tired ....Your body bruised.... He's got me with.....Nothing to wiiiinnnn and.....Nothing left to looo-hoooose...... And you give your goals awaaay...And you give your goals away-hay.....And you give...and you give...And you give your goals away-yay.....With or Without Youuuu......With or Without You, OOOOHHHH.........I can't win.............With or Withouout Youuuuuuu............

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Call them whatever you want, they are arguably the greatest rock band of the last 40 years.

LOL. In an industry dominated by a very narrow line of thinking with little tolerance for differing viewpoints, what do you expect? Outside the studio, U2 has been involved in a lot of social and political issues for sure, but they have been very apolitical in their music since the late 80s.

Now to get this thread back on track, I dedicate this song to my boy Jimmy Howard...

Your hands are tired ....Your body bruised.... He's got me with.....Nothing to wiiiinnnn and.....Nothing left to looo-hoooose...... And you give your goals awaaay...And you give your goals away-hay.....And you give...and you give...And you give your goals away-yay.....With or Without Youuuu......With or Without You, OOOOHHHH.........I can't win.............With or Withouout Youuuuuuu............

Was listening to Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM radio.

Gene Simmons was a guest, and he made an interesting point...Since the late 80's, early 90's - how many bands out there are of the like of U2, The Stones, Beatles, Zepplin, The Who, etc?

His answer was the Foo Fighters, but overall - we don't see those bands that can fill a 40 K stadium anymore, and apparently he feels it's due to music sharing, and social media where the music studios aren't making the $$$ like they used to, and they don't spend the $$$ on bands to make them a big success like they have in the past.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

:bad:

9 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

U saw U2 with Primus??? Claypool actually has talent, surprised he toured with U2...

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Was listening to Ozzy's Boneyard on Sirius XM radio.

Gene Simmons was a guest, and he made an interesting point...Since the late 80's, early 90's - how many bands out there are of the like of U2, The Stones, Beatles, Zepplin, The Who, etc?

His answer was the Foo Fighters, but overall - we don't see those bands that can fill a 40 K stadium anymore, and apparently he feels it's due to music sharing, and social media where the music studios aren't making the $$$ like they used to, and they don't spend the $$$ on bands to make them a big success like they have in the past.

Foor Fighters is a terrible example

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Green Day, etc etc

The difference is not that social media has taken over (that's just another medium) it's that rap/hiphop has taken over as the popular genre (this is not disco, rap is here to stay), rock has become a side taste where now most of the money is in the hardcore scene, aka Heavy Metal. The Heavy Metal scene is still vibrant. The universally accepted rocks bands like RHCP area a dying breed. Sad, yes. Rap sucks and is just an extension of pop.

Also U2 is the rock version of pop and sucks

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

U saw U2 with Primus??? Claypool actually has talent, surprised he toured with U2...

Foor Fighters is a terrible example

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Green Day, etc etc

The difference is not that social media has taken over (that's just another medium) it's that rap/hiphop has taken over as the popular genre (this is not disco, rap is here to stay), rock has become a side taste where now most of the money is in the hardcore scene, aka Heavy Metal. The Heavy Metal scene is still vibrant. The universally accepted rocks bands like RHCP area a dying breed. Sad, yes. Rap sucks and is just an extension of pop.

Also U2 is the rock version of pop and sucks

To the bold...Simmons meant bands that formed after the late 80's, and/or early 90's.

The bands you listed above had already been together, and were beginning to reap the reward$.

His point about the Foo Fighters was that they're probably the only band that formed in the mid 90's that can play in front of a packed stadium, and doesn't need an opening act, nor be a part of a tour ie: Lollapalooza, or Coachella in order to survive.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

U2 are f***ing awful... Fight Me!

Like many bands - they do not age well over time.

Early U2 was great...Their past few albums - meh.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers is another example - 80's to early 90's was great, but right on queue - once they got 'mainstream' they took a heaping dump.

Many others out there just like the 2 I mentioned above.

Edited by F.Michael

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Like many bands - they do not age well over time.

Early U2 was great...Their past few albums - meh.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers is another example - 80's to early 90's was great, but right on queue - once they got 'mainstream' they took a heaping dump.

Many others out there just like the 2 I mentioned above.

Bold: I strongly disagree.

Chili Peppers were great in their day. Same goes for Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, etc. U2, not so much in my opinion...

On 10/1/2018 at 1:16 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

All I wanna know is why TF would U2 be touring with Primus??

Ok, I cannot ignore you anymore, you're too fun to read and talk to! Here is a list of cities and dates that U2 had Primus as their opening act. You'll see Sept. 6, 1992 in Pontiac.

...as to why they chose Primus, I am not sure, but I sure as hell enjoyed it! (more so than U2, but the chicks loved U2 back then and it was all about the chicks in the day!) I really cannot remember The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, maybe we were a bit late arriving or maybe they played certain cities and Primus played others, not sure...

Edited by LeftWinger

58 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, I cannot ignore you anymore, you're too fun to read and talk to! Here is a list of cities and dates that U2 had Primus as their opening act. You'll see Sept. 6, 1992 in Pontiac.

image.thumb.png.0226540f89c45a0ff30d57dd54356070.png

...as to why they chose Primus, I am not sure, but I sure as hell enjoyed it! (more so than U2, but the chicks loved U2 back then and it was all about the chicks in the day!) I really cannot remember The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, maybe we were a bit late arriving or maybe they played certain cities and Primus played others, not sure...

Don't do me like that ever again. I was going insane.

Looks like they were also openers for Rush, Anthrax, Public Enemy, and Fishbone in 92. Sounds like they were opening for whomever would take them. U2/Primus is just an odd combo in my head.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Achtung Baby! is incredible. Get with it. 

You know who sucks? Great Big Sea

These kids today. No taste. I would say The Joshua Tree was better (one of the top 10 albums of all time), but Achtung Baby was definitely right behind.

Image result for U2 meme

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hockey/with-nhl-season-launching-look-for-leagues-executive-committee-to-help-end-our-citys-hockey-quest/

While nothing official will come out of a Tuesday meeting between the NHL Seattle group and the league’s executive committee, any positive nod makes the deal as good as done. Sure, there would still be a vote required by the 31-member NHL board of governors, likely in Florida come early December, to award Seattle an expansion franchise to play at a remodeled KeyArena starting in October 2020.

Too many team owners — some of which have no doubt already spent their cut of the $650 million in their minds — want this to happen.

No, the smart money is on the NHL doing the smart thing. It finally got the Seattle City Council to green-light the arena the league long wanted in this market. Now, with only the NHL capable of stopping Seattle from becoming its 32nd franchise, look for the Jacobs-led executive committee to listen closely on Tuesday, break into smiles and do all it can to help finish this process by year’s end.

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

These kids today. No taste. I would say The Joshua Tree was better (one of the top 10 albums of all time), but Achtung Baby was definitely right behind.

Image result for U2 meme

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/hockey/with-nhl-season-launching-look-for-leagues-executive-committee-to-help-end-our-citys-hockey-quest/

While nothing official will come out of a Tuesday meeting between the NHL Seattle group and the league’s executive committee, any positive nod makes the deal as good as done. Sure, there would still be a vote required by the 31-member NHL board of governors, likely in Florida come early December, to award Seattle an expansion franchise to play at a remodeled KeyArena starting in October 2020.

Too many team owners — some of which have no doubt already spent their cut of the $650 million in their minds — want this to happen.

No, the smart money is on the NHL doing the smart thing. It finally got the Seattle City Council to green-light the arena the league long wanted in this market. Now, with only the NHL capable of stopping Seattle from becoming its 32nd franchise, look for the Jacobs-led executive committee to listen closely on Tuesday, break into smiles and do all it can to help finish this process by year’s end.

Thank you for the $650 million. Unfortunately we have a lockout scheduled for 2020, are you free in 2021??

On 10/1/2018 at 2:47 AM, F.Michael said:

To the bold...Simmons meant bands that formed after the late 80's, and/or early 90's.

The bands you listed above had already been together, and were beginning to reap the reward$.

His point about the Foo Fighters was that they're probably the only band that formed in the mid 90's that can play in front of a packed stadium, and doesn't need an opening act, nor be a part of a tour ie: Lollapalooza, or Coachella in order to survive.

so Placebo doesn't count?