• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Next announcement? Ken Holland GM. 

Remember the rumor about after the 1st of year. Holland announcement, Yzerman let out of contract (I'm sure Tampa will be compensated) and Stevie the new GM. I'm not so sure about Blashill being replaced, but I'll take 2 out of 3 from my "source." :)

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

We all do...In a perfect world they'd relocate to QC...But I'd accept Houston as an alternative.

Why not Milwaukee? 

The Houston Rockets have too many empty seats in their arena.  No way they deserve a hockey team.  One team in Texas is too many already.  

Actually, Seattle will become the first major league sports franchise to go without a name, when ownership is unable to come up with one that doesn't offend at least one snowflake living there.

Ladies and Gentlemen!..Oops...not gender neutral

Take 2.

People of Seattle! Please welcome your Seatlle..uh...Hockey Team!

Image result for letter S

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I still say bring The Whalers back! There are a lot of whales that are in Puget Sound our near Seattle itself.

You do realize that there's another NHL team within throwing distance of Seattle that has a Big Whale in their logo, right?

Image result for vancouver canucks

Although I have to admit that I would love for it to happen just to see this throughout Seattle.

Image result for woman screams when trump inaugurated

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

So not p.c.!!!

SO not B.C.!!!

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

On 12/7/2018 at 1:27 PM, LeftWinger said:

I still say bring The Whalers back! There are a lot of whales that are in Puget Sound our near Seattle itself.

There's definitely whales in the puget sound, but they just pass through twice a year on their way to California or Canada/Alaska. There's like one pod of Orcas that hangs around the San Juan islands consistently. Still I love that Whalers sweater and name, wouldn't mind it.

Interesting, but the NHL will scrutinize any trades with Vegas leading up to the Seattle expansion draft: Article

The Golden Knights are exempt from the Seattle expansion draft, although several general managers told LeBrun that they aren't happy with that arrangement. Vegas won't receive a cut of the expansion fee either.

A team could theoretically trade a player to the Golden Knights and recoup some value instead of losing that player to Seattle for nothing or, in a more drastic move, come to an agreement in which Vegas would trade a player back after the expansion draft.

NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly doesn't expect that to occur, but he warned that the league will scrutinize any transactions that might be related.

I think it's kind of BS that Vegas is exempt in the first place. Vegas already has two drafts under their belt with 20 picks total. They will get another 3 drafts and some where between 18 and 25 picks depending on trades during that time. 5 drafts with added picks should be more than enough to establish a solid farm IMO. They also have that time to sign projects and NHL FAs and AHL FAs. They should have to give up a player. Screw the expansion fees.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Seattle Mayor refers to the team as "Kraken"

Kinda hate that name myself smh

Love the first comment on the tweet thou

Thanks Dr. Sarah, for virtue signaling an entirely different topic. So Seattle of you. Plz let me just enjoy my hockey plz.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seattle Mayor refers to the team as "Kraken"

Kinda hate that name myself smh

Love the first comment on the tweet thou

Thanks Dr. Sarah, for virtue signaling an entirely different topic. So Seattle of you. Plz let me just enjoy my hockey plz.

Wouldn't the upper bowls of sports infrastructures be a good place to hang if mass flooding occurred?  

As you can see this was tweeted earlier in the month...My impression of this is a Native American themed 'Sockeye', 'Steelhead', or 'Chinook' Salmon which is native to the Pacific Northwest...The combo of dark blue/light blue/white is really nice.

If not the 'Totems' - then this is a great choice as well.

Edited by F.Michael

33 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As you can see this was tweeted earlier in the month...My impression of this is a Native American themed 'Sockeye', 'Steelhead', or 'Chinook' Salmon which is native to the Pacific Northwest...The combo of dark blue/light blue/white is really nice.

If not the 'Totems' - then this is a great choice as well.

Tippett said "The Kraken" is out for a name. Thank god.

Dope twig.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs