• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, F.Michael said:

As you can see this was tweeted earlier in the month...My impression of this is a Native American themed 'Sockeye', 'Steelhead', or 'Chinook' Salmon which is native to the Pacific Northwest...The combo of dark blue/light blue/white is really nice.

If not the 'Totems' - then this is a great choice as well.

Or it could be that "Mayor Jenny" just thought it was "pretty" and its not a spoiler at all.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tippett said "The Kraken" is out for a name. Thank god.

Dope twig.

I find 'Kraken' no different that 'Raptors' of the NBA...Both are lame 'hipster' names that have nothing to do with the city/region/trades/occupations/etc.

16 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I find 'Kraken' no different that 'Raptors' of the NBA...Both are lame 'hipster' names that have nothing to do with the city/region/trades/occupations/etc.

I don't like Kraken either, but I think you can find several team names that have little to do with city/region....it's not just a few.....don't have to look that far.

12 hours ago, F.Michael said:

On the official Seattle website salmon/light teal appear to be the colors that they're likely to go with (I'm thinking 'Sockeye')...https://www.nhl.com/seattle

Interesting concept jersey/logo designs out there...This one in particular is pretty good...

D8kxU7qWwAU8j4r.jpg

My eyes!!!!!!!!

way back, I suggested bringing back The Whalers! I hope they do!

On 8/26/2018 at 2:47 PM, LeftWinger said:

I too enjoy when a sports team or even a local business "honors" the local heritage. I was actually more offended and upset when Eastern Michigan switched from the Hurons, to the Eagles, although Eagles is a great Mascot, I felt that Huron's actually celebrated the heritage.

Anyhow, I do hope that when Seattle has a team, they adopt a name that also celebrate local history and or heritage. Heck they could always bring back the Whalers logo! There are whales in Seattle. Although the star attraction are Orca's (which would clash with the Canucks Logo obviously) Seattle is also know for Minke, Gray and Humpback whales, which are also very common during the peak whale watching season. 

Seattle Whalers....nice ring to it!

18 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Seattle Whalers?

I could only imagine the public outrage, and carnage that would ensue if the team took on the name that embodies the spirit of killing whales for their precious blubber.

They'd probably go with the name Seattle Whales for trademark and 'sensitivity' purposes.
And antifa would still protest and destroy local coffee shops for "appropriating whale culture"

I still think Junkies is a good name.  Pays homage to the city's grunge history in the 90's.  Maybe have a logo of a needle made to look like the Space Needle.  This is a city that embraces its status as the heroin capital of the United States.  

10 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I still think Junkies is a good name.  Pays homage to the city's grunge history in the 90's.  Maybe have a logo of a needle made to look like the Space Needle.  This is a city that embraces its status as the heroin capital of the United States.  

It's a beautiful city till you step on a used needle in the park

Meth seems to be taking over as the drug of choice though. You're allowed to have a few grams on you at all times for personal use. Wish I was joking.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, mackel said:

Atleast they're in line with the rest of the world.

I've noticed people who don't travel get this idea from internet comment sections. If you actually went out into the world yourself, you'd find that the world loves America. Our soft power is incredibly powerful.

13 hours ago, martyrme19 said:

I've noticed people who don't travel get this idea from internet comment sections. If you actually went out into the world yourself, you'd find that the world loves America. Our soft power is incredibly powerful.

I've traveled extensively in Europe... I've noticed a lot of locals with "attitude" who assume I'm American... the tone changes (noticeably for the better) once they realize I'm Canadian.