• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

As of right now we have like 10 guys on the roster next offseason. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. 

Id say thats good 

i dont know when the expansion draft is but im guessing teams will have time to sign players before the expansion draft occurs?

as of now we’ll likely have one of stecher/dekeyser available on the back end and id possibly sign timashov x2 750k and he’d be available for expansion and cheap enough where hes easy to get rid of 

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Id say thats good 

i dont know when the expansion draft is but im guessing teams will have time to sign players before the expansion draft occurs?

as of now we’ll likely have one of stecher/dekeyser available on the back end and id possibly sign timashov x2 750k and he’d be available for expansion and cheap enough where hes easy to get rid of 

Why wouldnt you protect Timo? The only other F to protect are Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, and Rasmussen. Svech and Timo would be 6 and 7. 

Erne would be a RFA. Helm, Glenny, Gagner, Filppula, and Ryan would all be traded or UFA's and Zadina doesn't need to be protected. 

Wings must expose at least 2 forwards: Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Edit: DeKeyser could be protected as well, along with Hronek and Stecher on D. Seider wouldn't need protected. Merrill, Staal, Biega, and Nemeth would all be traded or UFA's. 

Wings must expose at least 1D: Lindstrom, Cholowski.

This is really the only question mark for me. If Lindstrom or Cholowski prove they have a long term future with the Wings, they could be protected over DeKeyser. We'll see.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why wouldnt you protect Timo? The only other F to protect are Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, and Rasmussen. Svech and Timo would be 6 and 7. 

Erne would be a RFA. Helm, Glenny, Gagner, Filppula, and Ryan would all be traded or UFA's and Zadina doesn't need to be protected. 

Wings must expose at least 2 forwards: Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Edit: DeKeyser could be protected as well, along with Hronek and Stecher on D. Seider wouldn't need protected. Merrill, Staal, Biega, and Nemeth would all be traded or UFA's. 

Wings must expose at least 1D: Lindstrom, Cholowski.

This is really the only question mark for me. If Lindstrom or Cholowski prove they have a long term future with the Wings, they could be protected over DeKeyser. We'll see.

Expansion draft requirements , and in the grand scheme of things i dont think timashov will be here in 2-3-4 yrs so he’d have to be one of the two guys required including nielsen

We have to have guys who played in 40+ games the previous season or 70 last two combined and i cant see hirose and erne being in that mix and definetly not smith(i would have protected smith anyways cause we dont have anyone like him on the team) 

Draft requirements means someone like dekeyser or stecher would have to be exposed ... unles cholowski is a complete disaster and we move on from him , as of today id protect him and lindstrom with them being 22/23 ...

dekeyser has one year left , aging had injury problems i doubt anyone takes him , he might not even be a valid player to be exposed if he doesnt play enougn games which would then mean stecher would be exposed which is why im guessing yzerman gave him two years 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

12 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Expansion draft requirements , and in the grand scheme of things i dont think timashov will be here in 2-3-4 yrs so he’d have to be one of the two guys required including nielsen

We have to have guys who played in 40+ games the previous season or 70 last two combined and i cant see hirose and erne being in that mix and definetly not smith(i would have protected smith anyways cause we dont have anyone like him on the team) 

Draft requirements means someone like dekeyser or stecher would have to be exposed ... unles cholowski is a complete disaster and we move on from him , as of today id protect him and lindstrom with them being 22/23 ...

dekeyser has one year left , aging had injury problems i doubt anyone takes him , he might not even be a valid player to be exposed if he doesnt play enougn games which would then mean stecher would be exposed which is why im guessing yzerman gave him two years 

Erne played in 56 games last season. He only has to play in 14 games this season (highly likely) to meet the 70 games over 2 seasons requirement. He will be one of the 2 forwards exposed ( Nielsen being the other) that will meet the games played requirement. Timo and Svech can both be protected easily.

Cholowski will most likely be exposed as well. The games played requirement on D will be filled by either DeKeyser or Lindstrom. It really just depends on who plays better this season and what future Lindstrom has in Detroit.

So again, the forwards who will be ptotected are: Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timo, and Svech.

2 Forwards available that meet GP requirement: Nielsen, Erne (must be under contract tho)

Other notables available: Smith, Hirose

Defensemen protected: Hronek, Stecher, Lindstrom or DK.

1 Dman available that meets GP requirement: DeKeyser or Lindstrom

Other notables available: Cholowski

This is how I see it going down.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Cholowski will most likely be exposed as well. The games played requirement on D will be filled by either DeKeyser or Lindstrom. It really just depends on who plays better this season and what future Lindstrom has in Detroit.

We'll see how this season goes, but as it stands right now, I don't see Yzerman protecting DeKeyser over Cholowski.

DeKeyser will be 31 years old, coming off pretty serious back surgery. If he comes back strong, and plays 70+ games, having a positive impact, maybe he'll be protected. Cholowski will be 23 years old, just entering his prime. If he struggles to stay in the lineup, maybe he'll be exposed, but I think Yzerman would choose to trade him, before giving up on him this early, with nothing to show for it.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

We'll see how this season goes, but as it stands right now, I don't see Yzerman protecting DeKeyser over Cholowski.

DeKeyser will be 31 years old, coming off pretty serious back surgery. If he comes back strong, and plays 70+ games, having a positive impact, maybe he'll be protected. Cholowski will be 23 years old, just entering his prime. If he struggles to stay in the lineup, maybe he'll be exposed, but I think Yzerman would choose to trade him, before giving up on him this early, with nothing to show for it.

With Lindstrom in the mix, it may not matter. I would prefers him over Cholowski based on how well the 2 have played so far. Keep in mind too that DK, even at 31, would be the veteran of the defense. I would imagine Yzerman would want some experience back there.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

With Lindstrom in the mix, it may not matter. I would prefers him over Cholowski based on how well the 2 have played so far. Keep in mind too that DK, even at 31, would be the veteran of the defense. I would imagine Yzerman would want some experience back there.

Again, we'll see how the season goes. A lot can change in the next 9 months before the expansion draft. The only real lock to be protected on the back end is Hronek. Then it'll be two more of DeKeyser, Stecher, Cholowski and Lindstrom. Right now, I'd choose the latter two, based on age and upside, but we'll see how each perform this season.

Also, regarding DeKeyser's veteran leadership, if he were exposed and taken (I doubt he would be), Yzerman could then take that $5M and acquire another veteran, with less injury concerns, in free agency.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Again, we'll see how the season goes. A lot can change in the next 9 months before the expansion draft. The only real lock to be protected on the back end is Hronek. Then it'll be two more of DeKeyser, Stecher, Cholowski and Lindstrom. Right now, I'd choose the latter two, based on age and upside, but we'll see how each perform this season.

Also, regarding DeKeyser's veteran leadership, if he were exposed and taken (I doubt he would be), Yzerman could then take that $5M and acquire another veteran, with less injury concerns, in free agency.

Entirely possible. Stecher could end up being awful. I really know nothing about him. Who knows? Maybe Yzerman signed him specifically to a 2 year deal for the expansion draft.

I don't want to lose Cholowski, but as of right now, I would chose to protect Hronek, Stecher, and Lindstrom. 

Dmen at DeKeysers level are easy to get in free agency, so not a huge loss. But, sometimes there's something to keeping a veteran around who's been with the team a while. He knows the system, coaches, players, etc. A new vet doesnt have that experience.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Stecher could end up being awful. I really know nothing about him. Who knows? Maybe Yzerman signed him specifically to a 2 year deal for the expansion draft.

I think thats very possible.

I didn't know much about him either but after looking around I can tell you Vancouver fans are pissed they let him go after seeing what he signed with us for.  He's a depth defenseman no doubt but he did play on Team Canada this last World Championship.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Entirely possible. Stecher could end up being awful. I really know nothing about him. Who knows? Maybe Yzerman signed him specifically to a 2 year deal for the expansion draft.

I think that definitely played a factor into it being a two year deal. From everything I've heard and read on Stecher, he's a very underrated defenseman, and Canucks fans are pissed that Benning let him walk. Hopefully he's a good fit in Detroit.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't want to lose Cholowski, but as of right now, I would chose to protect Hronek, Stecher, and Lindstrom. 

I'd choose to keep Cholowski over both Stecher and Lindstrom at this point, just because I believe he has a much higher upside. Much like DeKeyser, players like Lindstrom (defensive defensemen with limited offense) are a dime a dozen in free agency. Even if Cholowski is a complete bust, I wouldn't see losing Lindstrom as any more of a loss than losing Nosek a couple years ago in the Vegas expansion draft.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dmen at DeKeysers level are easy to get in free agency, so not a huge loss. But, sometimes there's something to keeping a veteran around who's been with the team a while. He knows the system, coaches, players, etc. A new vet doesnt have that experience.

To be fair, some, if not all of these things will change drastically over the next couple seasons. We're going to have a huge turnover on the ice, and potentially behind the bench, and with that, systems should change with as well, so that point may be moot...

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Erne played in 56 games last season. He only has to play in 14 games this season (highly likely) to meet the 70 games over 2 seasons requirement. He will be one of the 2 forwards exposed ( Nielsen being the other) that will meet the games played requirement. Timo and Svech can both be protected easily.

So again, the forwards who will be ptotected are: Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timo, and Svech.

2 Forwards available that meet GP requirement: Nielsen, Erne (must be under contract tho)

Other notables available: Smith, Hirose

Defensemen protected: Hronek, Stecher, Lindstrom or DK.

1 Dman available that meets GP requirement: DeKeyser or Lindstrom

Other notables available: Cholowski

This is how I see it going down.

Erne might not even make the roster ... i cant for the life of me seeing us protect dekeyser with one yr left on his deal and his injury ordeals . Makes zero sense and i wouldnt lose sleep if we lost him

not sure svechnikov stays now depending how it goes but id 100% protect smith over timashov , we dont have a physical player like smith who can drop the gloves occasionally and also score the dirty goals

i protect cholowski unless he goes completely downhill next season

im ok with timashov,stecher,hirose,dekeyser being exposed 

stecher mignt play great this season and maybe we’ll think we can resign him otherwise wouldnt make too much sense to protect a guy with one year left over two kids unless again they completely fall off the map or we just see them as a 6/7 and value stecher more

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Erne might not even make the roster ... i cant for the life of me seeing us protect dekeyser with one yr left on his deal and his injury ordeals . Makes zero sense and i wouldnt lose sleep if we lost him

not sure svechnikov stays now depending how it goes but id 100% protect smith over timashov , we dont have a physical player like smith who can drop the gloves occasionally and also score the dirty goals

i protect cholowski unless he goes completely downhill next season

im ok with timashov,stecher,hirose,dekeyser being exposed 

stecher mignt play great this season and maybe we’ll think we can resign him otherwise wouldnt make too much sense to protect a guy with one year left over two kids unless again they completely fall off the map or we just see them as a 6/7 and value stecher more

Erne doesnt have to make the roster. As a regular call up he could still get 14 games easy.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Or more than likely a trade before then.

But who? The forwards who would still presumably be here are Bert, Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timashov, Svech, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Ryan, Helm, Glendening, Filppula, Gagner would all be gone via trade or free agency and would have no affect on the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

But who? The forwards who would still presumably be here are Bert, Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timashov, Svech, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Ryan, Helm, Glendening, Filppula, Gagner would all be gone via trade or free agency and would have no affect on the expansion draft.

I wouldn't presume all of those players will be here beyond this season. You just listed 18 forwards. I'm just saying, I expect a few players to be traded or waived before the season starts, and maybe a few others unexpected through the season. I highly doubt that expansion draft list of players is the exact same 9 months from now...

So, as we sit, barring ANY trades, here is how I would do the protection list:

Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Namestikov, Rasmussen, Timashov

Hronek, Lindstrom, Stecher

Greiss

...which means, I hope Yzerman trades Cholowski so we don't lose him for nothing.

Edited by LeftWinger