• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

JVR in play

Rate this topic

The only way Van Riemsdyk or any other forward from the Leafs gets traded is if it's for help on the back end. We don't have anything that would be of any benefit to them right now. If JVR does get moved, I can see it being to a team like Carolina, that are stacked on defense and could use some help up front.

Too bad we couldn't make a similar trade using a Nyquist or Tatar in a package for Fleury or Bean...

Looks like his bro on the Hawks might be headed to LV. Hawks will make a deal to allow them to select him if they also take Kruger in a trade. Or vice versa.

Too bad Kenny can't make any deals with LV to get rid of a crap contract. He'd rather leave a younger player unprotected and keep Abby and Helm.

24 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Looks like his bro on the Hawks might be headed to LV. Hawks will make a deal to allow them to select him if they also take Kruger in a trade. Or vice versa.

Too bad Kenny can't make any deals with LV to get rid of a crap contract. He'd rather leave a younger player unprotected and keep Abby and Helm.

I really doubt he's going to protect abby AND helm

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really doubt he's going to protect abby and helm

Maybe not Helm. Abby I can see being protected. He's assistant captain and does all kind of PR and is involved with all kinds of things in the community it seems. Not that Vegas would take his contract anyways, but ya.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Maybe not Helm. Abby I can see being protected. He's assistant captain and does all kind of PR and is involved with all kinds of things in the community it seems. Not that Vegas would take his contract anyways, but ya.

So you dont actually believe your original statement? What was your point then?

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So you dont actually believe your original statement? What was your point then?

Oh I believe it. The guys an idiot. Maybe he doesn't protect Helm, but it's a huge possibility after he thought he was worth that contract. He overvalues vets, that's been clear for a long time. At least your confident in his abilities to not screw this team any more than he already has.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Oh I believe it. The guys an idiot. Maybe he doesn't protect Helm, but it's a huge possibility after he thought he was worth that contract. He overvalues vets, that's been clear for a long time. At least your confident in his abilities to not screw this team any more than he already has.

So your original point was he'll protect abby and helm over kids. But you dont actually believe your original point. Your real point the entire time was Holland = idiot. Ok. Another Holland gripe thread, lets do this.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So your original point was he'll protect abby and helm over kids. But you dont actually believe your original point. Your real point the entire time was Holland = idiot. Ok. Another Holland gripe thread, lets do this.

I thought him being an idiot was implied in that first post. Because I said MAYBE not Helm, I don't believe it? Huge chance he is protected, and If it's not him it'll be someone else that isn't needed. He's already forced to waste a spot on good ol Frans. Gotta love it.

14 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I thought him being an idiot was implied in that first post. Because I said MAYBE not Helm, I don't believe it? Huge chance he is protected, and If it's not him it'll be someone else that isn't needed. He's already forced to waste a spot on good ol Frans. Gotta love it.

Maybe he'll trade Helm and Abby for JVR, or would that be too relevant to the topic?

4 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Just create a Holland is an idiot thread then, or pull up one of the many anti Holland threads. It just gets annoying when every thread turns into the same rhetoric.

Anyways....JVR is a good player, but we don't need wingers, and we especially don't need expiring contracts when it will take young talent or future assets to get them. I actually agree with @frankgrimes, we need the same thing that the Leafs need, so it's not happening.

47 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

That's a great question.  I think he was every bit as good.  Lidstrom was better as a power play quarterback.  Konstantinov was a better hitter.  Vlad could play all 5 positions like Fedorov.  I bet Lidstrom wouldn't have been bad on left wing, tho.  Both good skaters and both played with their heads always up.  I have to think more on this.

Unfortunately there is no way to know. Lidstrom's adaptability to the evolution of the game was absolutely amazing, Konstantinov could have struggled, or he could have adapted better. It's all guess work. Such a sad story.

On 6/12/2017 at 0:21 AM, F.Michael said:

Back then?

Yeah - I feel Vladdy was the better Dman.

How his career would've gone had it not been for that accident we will never know :unhappy:

96-97 Vlad the Impaler was the best d-man in the NHL.  The Flyers didn't game plan around Lidstrom, they game planned around him, and Scotty threw them off by having Lidstrom-Murphy play against the Legion of Doom most of the time.

Konstantinov was also one of the few players I ever saw get Gretzky so mad he wanted to fight, then laughed at him and skated away.

Maybe he'll trade Helm and Abby for JVR, or would that be too relevant to the topic?

He doesn't make trades anymore. Not that Lou would take that deal anyways. Guy was good for 50-60 points this past season.

62 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's made 9 trades in the last 3 seasons alone, so that's simply not true.

Upcoming UFA's for picks, one year of Dats' contract, and two vets at the deadline in 2015. Not much for a team in trouble.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Upcoming UFA's for picks, one year of Dats' contract, and two vets at the deadline in 2015. Not much for a team in trouble.

Holland doesn't trade anymore = I don't like the trades Holland makes

Ok lol

Maybe Chelios can teach JVR to play defense... wait