• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Drouin for Sergachyov

Rate this topic

I wonder how both fan bases feel about this. Clearly, Tampa Bay has gotta strongly believe that Sergachyov has some serious talent to give up Drouin. But even then I don't know if I would lose a talent like Drouin. That being said, the Canadians truly need some top line scoring talent and now have it.

Habs receive a conditional 6th and Tamps receives a conditional 2nd as well. No word on the conditions yet.

Sergachev has only played 4 games in the NHL. He was the Habs number 1 prospect but still... I would have wanted a more established player for a proven talent like Drouin. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Habs receive a conditional 6th and Tamps receives a conditional 2nd as well. No word on the conditions yet.

Sergachev has only played 4 games in the NHL. He was the Habs number 1 prospect but still... I would have wanted a more established player for a proven talent like Drouin. 

Risky move by Yzerman imo. A lot of it is based on luck. Montreal at the moment has a guaranteed scorer on their roster. 

I honestly still think our inept GM will expose Mantha or Anthanasiou in the expansion draft. I really really do.

Holland has nothing to do with the thread. it's pointless to bring him up

Solid trade for both, Drouin will now be the b go to buy in Montreal and Sergachev can learn from Hedman

James Mirtle: “Drouin had to be protected in expansion or lost. Sergachev does not. Lightning were facing losing a good player for nothing; now they don’t. This kind of dealing is what’s really going to hurt Vegas; teams are going to get assets for players while they can and leave VGK scraps. Every team I’ve talked to the last few weeks is working on some variation of: “How do we give Vegas almost nothing?” Tampa pulls that off.”

Maybe this is what Kenny means when he says he doesn't have any deals in place with Vegas.

12 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

I honestly still think our inept GM will expose Mantha or Anthanasiou in the expansion draft. I really really do.

Staaaaahp.  You can't possibly really, really think that.

11 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

I wonder how both fan bases feel about this. Clearly, Tampa Bay has gotta strongly believe that Sergachyov has some serious talent to give up Drouin. But even then I don't know if I would lose a talent like Drouin. That being said, the Canadians truly need some top line scoring talent and now have it.

Well, looking at Lightning fan's reactions - "Are you ******* kidding me" "Sergachev is overrated. Hate this trade" "Drouin is a once in a lifetime player... mad creative scoring skills. Stamkos can't stay healthy. Would have traded an aging stamkos first" "Im done, Drouin was generational" "Boooooooooooooooooo" "Tell me this is a joke" "I'm actually crying....." "Lol Stevie?" "I cannot believe this. Wow. Just wow. Way to ruin my day. This was so STUPID." "guess who's not a lightning fan anymore" "Wow.  We just got fleeced..." "Starting to question our decision making." "And lost a bunch of fans in the process! Horrible trade, absolutely awful. I guess Stevie Y put himself before the team." "This is the worst trade in the history of the franchise. It's Kareem-to-LA bad." "This is utterly embarrassing! Killing the fan base!" - I'd say they aren't too happy. But that's just Twitter, and there were a few who supported it, but it was mostly what you see there. Montreal fans were more positive about it. They hated losing Sergachev, but recognized a need on offense. Haven't looked at what the message boards are saying yet. 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Lime said:

Well, looking at Lightning fan's reactions - "Are you ******* kidding me" "Sergachev is overrated. Hate this trade" "Drouin is a once in a lifetime player... mad creative scoring skills. Stamkos can't stay healthy. Would have traded an aging stamkos first" "Im done, Drouin was generational" "Boooooooooooooooooo" "Tell me this is a joke" "I'm actually crying....." "Lol Stevie?" "I cannot believe this. Wow. Just wow. Way to ruin my day. This was so STUPID." "guess who's not a lightning fan anymore" "Wow.  We just got fleeced..." "Starting to question our decision making." "And lost a bunch of fans in the process! Horrible trade, absolutely awful. I guess Stevie Y put himself before the team." "This is the worst trade in the history of the franchise. It's Kareem-to-LA bad." "This is utterly embarrassing! Killing the fan base!" - I'd say they aren't too happy. But that's just Twitter, and there were a few who supported it, but it was mostly what you see there. Montreal fans were more positive about it. They hated losing Sergachev, but recognized a need on offense. Haven't looked at what the message boards are saying yet. 

This is no surprise.  For all of the folks that will praise the move... there will be 20x the amount complaining about it.  If Stevie Y was the GM here and he moved Larkin for ANYBODY... there would be people complaining.  Complain when your GM makes a move.  Complain when he doesn't.  It's nothing new.  lol.

3 minutes ago, e_prime said:

This is no surprise.  For all of the folks that will praise the move... there will be 20x the amount complaining about it.  If Stevie Y was the GM here and he moved Larkin for ANYBODY... there would be people complaining.  Complain when your GM makes a move.  Complain when he doesn't.  It's nothing new.  lol.

I think Stevie is taking much more of a risk on this one though, than Bergevin is. 

Drouin is top 3 skilled, plays with and edge and wants to prove himself. I'm sure the Captain didn't want to lose him but risked exposing him as mentioned above.

The trade makes sense for both parties given the background information. Unfortunately their gain is our loss by effect since we play in the same division. I guess extra eyes on Sergachev is in order.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Stevie is taking much more of a risk on this one though, than Bergevin is. 

Absolutely, but Drouin has been a problem for Stevie.  If he knows he can't protect him or doesn't want to because he's a pain in the ass, and he's got big holes on D.  Why not?!

6 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Absolutely, but Drouin has been a problem for Stevie.  If he knows he can't protect him or doesn't want to because he's a pain in the ass, and he's got big holes on D.  Why not?!

He wouldn't have exposed Drouin though. He likely would've been forced to expose Killorn. Personally I would've said bye bye Killorn and held on to Drouin. But I guess if Sergachev turns out elite it will change that.

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

If you think that, then you are inept in your thinking. 

1 hour ago, ShanahanMan said:

Two reallys. I think he's serious mate.

My 2c worth, Drouin was a problem that Stevie Y papered over and has dealt with him in his own way. Sure the Habs got themselves a top 6 fwd and a frenchy to boot, but the Bolts have got a stud for the blue line for years to come, and he will be a top player. Maybe we can deal the Habs Ouellet and a 1st for Galchenyuk !! 

8 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

My 2c worth, Drouin was a problem that Stevie Y papered over and has dealt with him in his own way. Sure the Habs got themselves a top 6 fwd and a frenchy to boot, but the Bolts have got a stud for the blue line for years to come, and he will be a top player. Maybe we can deal the Habs Ouellet and a 1st for Galchenyuk !! 

maybe

I love how this turns into an anti Holland thread 1 post in. If only there was a place to discuss Holland on this board.

On to the actual topic, sounds like TB really lost out here, but then again I dont know too much about Sergachyov. I guess like all trades, only time will tell.

Edited by kliq