• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Drouin for Sergachyov

Rate this topic

Good trade for Montreal, but It will be interesting to see how their situation on D will be in a couple years. I'm sure they're confident about re-signing Markov, but at 38 he's going to be done fairly soon and he's still playing a huge part of the team. The commentary has been that sergachev was to be his replacement.

But they are - and should be - in the win now mindset with Weber and Price in their prime, so I guess that a problem to deal with down the line. I have heard that Petry has been better than they expected, so maybe he and Emelin slowly taking over Markov's minute/role.

We have s*** for draft picks. Holland still thinks drafting unheard of kids out of 2nd tier leagues in later rounds constitutes building via draft. If we had 2 1st and 2 2nds, then I'd be more on his side. f*** 17 3rd round picks...and I don't care which round they got Z and D in, that kind of miracle is not happening again. Holland needs to step off that merry go round. 

Montreal wins this trade in the short term, but Tampa could easily still come out on top in the long term.  Sergachyov and Drouin I think could easily turn out to be close to wash when it comes to helping their new teams.  So the picks could end up being the difference of who wins this trade.  If Tampa ends up keeping the 2nd round pick, they could win the trade long term.

Montreal trades their top prospect for John Drouin....Ken Holland trades his top prospect for David Legwand. 

Montreal has a top prospect who may be a#1 D. Detroit had a top prospect who may be a #3 center. See the difference?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Tampa has already good offensive setup with some very nice looking guys down there in x-HLs, hence loosing such a gem in Drouin for real top defensive project (what thery are looking for) is ´high risk, but high potential of top reward´ . Not speaking about Sergachev is exempt from ED and has two more years on elc. 

There´s not a lot of teams who actually could risk such a move, but Bolts are in this group. 

5 hours ago, Jaymister said:

Montreal wins this trade in the short term, but Tampa could easily still come out on top in the long term.  Sergachyov and Drouin I think could easily turn out to be close to wash when it comes to helping their new teams.  So the picks could end up being the difference of who wins this trade.  If Tampa ends up keeping the 2nd round pick, they could win the trade long term.

You have this opposite. Tampa will receive a second for a sixth on the condition that Sergachyov doesn't play at least 40 games this year for Tampa. In which case, I'd say they definitely win the trade long term. But I agree it'll probably end up as more of a wash than anything. 

Edit: Just realize I guess you could've meant it that way and I just read it as in Tampa would keep their second round pick.. my bad :innocent: either way, good trade for both sides imo. 

Edited by amato

16 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Montreal has a top prospect who may be a#1 D. Detroit had a top prospect who may be a #3 center. See the difference?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Well, when he was our #1 prospect he was touted to be top 6. You can't judge the trade years after its over. Right now the Russian kid is touted to be a top D, but in 3-4 years, he may just be average. My point was, at his value when he was a #1 prospect, he should've gotten us a lot more, just like this top prospect gor Montreal. But Holland hasn't won at a trade since 2001. May I remind you a 1st for Quincey....

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well, when he was our #1 prospect he was touted to be top 6. You can't judge the trade years after its over. Right now the Russian kid is touted to be a top D, but in 3-4 years, he may just be average. My point was, at his value when he was a #1 prospect, he should've gotten us a lot more, just like this top prospect gor Montreal. But Holland hasn't won at a trade since 2001. May I remind you a 1st for Quincey....

You realize Jarnkrok was nowhere near our #1 prospect at the time of the Legwand trade, right?

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Sergachev was the 2nd Dman (nearly the first, as it was a toss up between he and Juolevi all the way to draft day) taken in his draft. Jarnkrok was a boom or bust prospect. Sergachev is much more likely to pan out than Jarnkrok ever was, even if Jarnkrok did pan out somewhat.

Regardless, this trade has nothing to do with us, Nashville, or Jarnkrok, or the constant need to turn every thread into a Holland sucks thread.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Regardless, this trade has nothing to do with us, Nashville, or Jarnkrok, or the constant need to turn every thread into a Holland sucks thread.

...but how else can I beat a dead horse?

On 2017-06-15 at 5:38 PM, Andy Pred 48 said:

My 2c worth, Drouin was a problem that Stevie Y papered over and has dealt with him in his own way. Sure the Habs got themselves a top 6 fwd and a frenchy to boot, but the Bolts have got a stud for the blue line for years to come, and he will be a top player. Maybe we can deal the Habs Ouellet and a 1st for Galchenyuk !! 

Yeah, Drouin was trouble in Tampa. More to this move than the return of prospect/pick. No matter what kind of skill set a player has, if he's a thorn in your side, you'll listen to all offers for him.