• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymister

Sabres acquire Beaulieu for pick

Rate this topic

Sabres get Nathan Beaulieu for a third round pick in this years draft.

Seen this on sportsnet.ca.  This is a steal for Buffalo, Nathan is a first round draft pick and his numbers have continued to improve in the NHL.  This trade makes no sense to me from Montreal's perspective.

9 minutes ago, Jaymister said:

Sabres get Nathan Beaulieu for a third round pick in this years draft.

Seen this on sportsnet.ca.  This is a steal for Buffalo, Nathan is a first round draft pick and his numbers have continued to improve in the NHL.  This trade makes no sense to me from Montreal's perspective.

I completely agree.

11 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Habs thought they'd lose him in the expansion. I mentioned him in another thread as someone I would have liked to go after. The cost is about what I expected. Oh well.

Because Petry has a NMC they would have had to decide between protecting Beaulieu and Emelin. Tough choice, but they still got fleeced in this trade.

Well, the absence of trades like this is a problem with Holland. Beaulieu and players like him won't save us immediately but he would have been huge upgrade over the likes of Oulette, Sproul, Jensen of whoever we going to play in top 4 this season. And we have like zillion 3rd round picks this year. Multiple trades like this may make a team gradually better.... we are instead looking/waiting for some magic, where someone is going to give us franchise D for nothing.

Because Petry has a NMC they would have had to decide between protecting Beaulieu and Emelin. Tough choice, but they still got fleeced in this trade.

Petry has an NMC?? Hahahaha

It's crazy the amount of players on some teams that have them. Chicago's whole protection list was almost all players with NMCs. 8 in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk