Frans Nielsen (F)
Gustav Nyquist (F)
Tomas Tatar (F)
Henrik Zetterberg (F)
Danny DeKeyser (D)
Mike Green (D)
Nick Jensen (D)
Jimmy Howard (G)

Sorry for the double post. The only surprise to me is Howard over Mrazek. I guess they plan on Vegas taking Fleury and maybe this sends a message to Petr to get his s*** together.

Edited by sputman

Don't get protecting Howard over Mrazek, really hope McPhee doesn't take him, hope he's more interested in someone else... He does have a modified NTC but I believe only NMC's apply to the expansion draft.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Like has been mentioned in the other thread, hopefully Holland already has a deal in place for Vegas to select a specific player, making this protection list irrelevant...

Side note: are Aubry and Almquist still property of the Red Wings?

I thought he said on the radio he wasn't giving away assets to get Vegas to take a certain player? I really hope they don't take Mrazek.

For the most part I agree with it, but I am pretty shocked that he protected Howard over Mrazek. I think that is a mistake. I also dont like Abby over Sheahan, but at the same time after the season Sheahan had I get it. I also would have protected XO over Jensen, but that one is a coin flip.

I don't agree with it, but maybe they are done with Mrazek. Maybe the Wings want LV to take him so they dont have 9mil tied up in goalies.

Mrazek struggled all season. There is no way Vegas takes him with some of the other goalies available. So I don't think it matters who we protected at goalie. Both were gonna be on the roster come training camp. Glad they kept green. He should net us a first at the deadline. Please take Helm Vegas!

and no he said he wouldn't give away assets to protect additional players.. a little bit of a grey area I know. But hopefully he made a deal for them to take someone specific. Or maybe they won't want mrazeks 4 million cap hit if they already plan on having fleury and there were no trade partners for mrazek. I think he'll be fine 

19 minutes ago, sputman said:

Sorry for the double post. The only surprise to me is Howard over Mrazek. I guess they plan on Vegas taking Fleury and maybe this sends a message to Petr to get his s*** together.

Fleury, Raanta, Grubauer. Our goalies are safe.

3 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Mrazek struggled all season. There is no way Vegas takes him with some of the other goalies available. So I don't think it matters who we protected at goalie. Both were gonna be on the roster come training camp.

That's what I'm thinking. I wouldn't say there's NO WAY they take Mrazek, but, yeah, he's probably safe.

4 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

This exactly, I think there's a very, very slim chance Mrazek is taken after the season he had and these three available for the taking. 

My bet goes on Sheahan being the player we lose, and that doesn't really hurt my feelings too much.

4 minutes ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

This doesn't matter. Vegas will take best player available, and use some as trade chips after the draft. Mrazek is our best player available, and I'd be shocked if he's not taken.

1 minute ago, Shepard88 said:

The only person on our list worth taking is petr! And just cause Holland couldn't swing a trade for him doesn't mean McPhee can't. If our goalies are safe why take the chance and just let Howard be unprotected cause there's less of a chance he taken over petr.

This.

2 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

I can see us losing Mrazek for nothing and have Howard get hurt for a long stretch in probaly the 15th game of the season. Then they'll be stuck with Coreau in net with an unknown back-up. Probably lock in the best odds to get the first pick next year

Then we can assemble the svech-bros!

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This doesn't matter. Vegas will take best player available, and use some as trade chips after the draft. Mrazek is our best player available, and I'd be shocked if he's not taken.

Is Mrazek clearly the best player on our list, though? Ouellet's a serviceable second-pairing defenseman. Sheahan's a serviceable 3C. Helm's a good 3C. Mrazek hasn't established himself as a bona fide starting goaltender. Granted, you could argue a good backup goalie is more valuable than a 4D or a 3C -- but, point is, I don't think Mrazek is necessarily the clear choice.

For all we know, Holland -- who has said he's spoken with McPhee -- could've asked McPhee how he felt about Mrazek and McPhee could've said, "Meh."