• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

Red Wings Expansion Draft Protected List

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

....i was waiting for The Juck ******* Pott.

I think we all understand your frustration. I will be angry if we lose any of Mrazek, XO or Sproul. Hopefully they grab Helm or Sheahan of all the guys left. My personal choice was to protect DD, XO & Jensen.

I agree on the defensive side I protect XO, DD and Jensen.

If i am Vegas, I am looking at XO, Mrazek, or perhaps Helm.  

Holland said he had no explanation to give for leaving mrazek exposed , that's cause he has no valid reason other than being a dumbass that  so obsessed with a 33 yr old goalie who's never done anything and a 6'6 goalie who sucks

im done defending holland his best days are way behind him and he need some to get fired, only way we'll get better ... Let's hope Vegas lands fleury and saves us from  disaster move 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Holland said he had no explanation to give for leaving mrazek exposed , that's cause he has no valid reason other than being a dumbass that  so obsessed with a 33 yr old goalie who's never done anything and a 6'6 goalie who sucks

im done defending holland his best days are way behind him and he need some to get fired, only way we'll get better ... Let's hope Vegas lands fleury and saves us from  disaster move 

No.  He declined to explain.

if you read other tidbits, Mrazek's attitude has been in question on numerous occasions this past year. Also am i missing something here? Why are some folks getting upset about the list, Vegas can only take one player from us!??  and its not as if we are going to lose a superstar whoever they take. 

2 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Hasek made 8 million each year 01-02 and 02-03 with us. Osgood made 3-4 million 00-04

We only had them for a low charge 07-09 because they were older in and not in demand. I don't want us signing 42 year old goalies as a strategy to win the cup (and I think Ozzy was 34). It was a special situation with Hasek and Ozzy that probably can't be replicated.

How much Hasek and Osgood made in 2000-2004 is irrelevant, as I said 07, 08 and 09.  It doesn't need to be older goaltenders either and the situation CAN be replicated.  

2006: Cam Ward and Ty Conklin 
2007: Ray Emery 
2010: Anti Niemi and Michael Leighton
2012: Jonathan Quick (made less than $2 mil that year)
2013: Corey Crawford ($2.6 mil)
2015: Ben Bishop ($2.3 mil)
2016: Matt Murray and Martin Jones ($3 mil)
2017: Matt Murray

Most of these goalies made less than or around a million and either played in the Finals or won the Cup, so it can most certainly be replicated.

24 minutes ago, Crashnburnluder said:

I am fine with our D keepers, You keep Green because he could be worth a very valuable draft pick at the deadline. 

Holland isn't savvy enough to get a 1st for Green. He'll get a 3rd in 18 and a 4th in 19 for him. Holland does not win in trades anymore. That is absolutely the truth.

Mrazek has been bad for over a year. That's not a hiccup or a slump, it's a trend. Add in an apparent poor attitude and you get a guy you don't care if you lose. Granted, like I said earlier I would have protected him still, but it's not a huge deal.

Losing Sheahan, XO or Sproul isn't going to do much either. XO is probably going to be better than Jensen, but he's not likely going to be more than an ok second pair guy at his peak. Exposing Green would have been the height of stupidity. That would just be throwing away assets. There likely wasn't much of a market for him before the expansion draft because whoever traded for him would have had to protect him. Holland wouldn't trade him in the off-season anyway because "playoffs are more important than a rebuild."

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Same s*** , he has no explanation cause there's none to give , only way to save his stupidity is if fleury is available 

fleury Raanta grubauer , or fleury grubauer korpisalo ...taking fleury and mrazek would be almost 10 mill committed to goalies and flames just got smith , not really anyone looking for a goalie except maybe Arizona?

i was willing to trade sheahan for a second rather than lose him for nothing but with mrazek ouellet out there I'd be more than fine losing sheahan now especially with the kids coming 

Because he has no good explanation. One "rebound" season for Jimmy numbers wise where he started TWENTY SIX games, and Coreau getting lit up in most of the games he played after his call up, and Mrazek is expendable? LOLLLL!!

Maybe he has a plan in place with Vegas, but I don't see what that plan is. The only protection option in goal that makes any sense from an asset standpoint is Mrazek. I fully expected him to be on the protected list. I think 97% of anyone with any hockey knowledge did by the press and fan reactions.

Holland saves himself Jimmy ******* Howard. The goalie he tried to trade a year ago, and no one wanted, because of his play in minimal games, and the World's. Who cares about the World's? That was an all star team compared to the crap he has to play in front of in Detroit. I'll honestly laugh my ass off if he turns back into Jittery Jimmy and gets lit up after this. Idiotic Holland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

How many of you guys are disappointed that I'm not the one going nuts? :lol:

Me!

On another note, this was just published to the score fwiw.

Report: Mrazek's attitude issues led to Howard's protection

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1320875

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

Green and DD both have NTCs and had to be protected.

What I'm thinking is...should we even had protected Goose and Tatar, or make them available because they both might not evolve into anything more and Goose is already overpaid, if thats the case? On the other hand, even if he is, it's just two years and he could get traded for some asset possibly.

9 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Me!

Low level journalism at it's best. No substantial background to the headline whatsoever in the whole article. The headline over that text should be "might've led to", not "led".

But maybe dude was just too dumb to learn anything better..

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

30 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Same s*** , he has no explanation cause there's none to give , only way to save his stupidity is if fleury is available 

27 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Because he has no good explanation. One "rebound" season for Jimmy numbers wise where he started TWENTY SIX games, and Coreau getting lit up in most of the games he played after his call up, and Mrazek is expendable? LOLLLL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says?  ... you guys?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Me!

This would make this sense, maybe the Wings tried to trade him but nobody wanted him with a cap hit of 4mil so this is there way of trying to dump him. Who knows.

2 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Green and DD both have NTCs and had to be protected.

No. NMC's had to be protected (Nielsen), not NTC's...

2 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

What I'm thinking is...should we even had protected Goose and Tatar, or make them available because they both might not evolve into anything more and Goose is already overpaid, if thats the case? On the other hand, even if he is, it's just two years and he could get traded for some asset possibly.

Yes

55 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

How much Hasek and Osgood made in 2000-2004 is irrelevant, as I said 07, 08 and 09.  It doesn't need to be older goaltenders either and the situation CAN be replicated.  

2006: Cam Ward and Ty Conklin 
2007: Ray Emery 
2010: Anti Niemi and Michael Leighton
2012: Jonathan Quick (made less than $2 mil that year)
2013: Corey Crawford ($2.6 mil)
2015: Ben Bishop ($2.3 mil)
2016: Matt Murray and Martin Jones ($3 mil)
2017: Matt Murray

Most of these goalies made less than or around a million and either played in the Finals or won the Cup, so it can most certainly be replicated.

Well, one problem is than many of these teams were paying big time for their other goalie, so they were paying for goaltending (not like the aforementioned Hasek+Ozman.

And a bunch of these guys are on Entry Level deals. That's Cam Ward, Emery, Leighton, Quick at least. I agree you should draft well and take advantage of the times when you have ETCs but that's not a long term idea unless you plan on getting great goalies through the draft endlessly. If that's the strategy then you could never re-sign a goalie once they'd earned the starting position. These guys got PAID later. That was my point on listing other year of hasek and Ozzy. You can get a few cheap years due to a player being young or old, but it's never been an approach for the wings despite what people sometimes say.

32 minutes ago, kliq said:

This would make this sense, maybe the Wings tried to trade him but nobody wanted him with a cap hit of 4mil so this is there way of trying to dump him. Who knows.

Yeah, I've been wondering about this.

If it's true, things make a little more sense, I guess. Why might Holland risk losing Mrazek for nothing? Because a bad attitude could make Mrazek more trouble than he's worth in the eyes of the powers that be, and maybe they'd just be happy to free up the $4M in cap space and move on. Why might Holland have failed to find someone willing to trade for Mrazek? Attitude problem + $4M cap hit + hasn't established himself as a really good NHL goalie. Maybe Mrazek has a "reputation," one that makes him unlikely to be taken by Vegas.

It could just be spin. But, at the very least, we know there was that incident where he skated off during practice (or whatever. I don't remember the exact details) and supposedly caught flak for it. And HSJ has been kind of passive-aggressively anti-Mrazek for the past several months. I know HSJ says dumb things, but I wonder if that whole "The Wings should protect Coreau and trade Mrazek" thing wasn't based on some inside info -- specifically, that the powers that be aren't happy with Mrazek.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Dabura

Only NMCs? Hell..

That makes it even dumber...should've been Hank, AA, Mantha, Nielsen, Goose, Tatar, Sheahan / DD, XO, Jensen / Mrazek then. Expose Howard, Abdelkader, Helm, Green and hope Vegas reliefs us of one of those contracts. Which in that szenario most likely is Helm.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

9 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Only NMCs? Hell..

That makes it even dumber...should've been Hank, AA, Mantha, Nielsen, Goose, Tatar, Sheahan / DD, XO, Jensen / Mrazek then. Expose Howard, Abdelkader, Helm, Green and hope Vegas reliefs us of one of those contracts. Which in that szenario most likely is Helm.

Or they take Sproul and everyone ******* that he should have been protected over DD. Or they take Green and everyone ******* because we should have traded him for something. Or Nosek and everyone ******* because we protected Sheahan. Or Coreau and everyone *******... Or ... and everyone *******...