• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

Red Wings Expansion Draft Protected List

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, derblaueClaus said:

They get Grabovski off the books and make Vegas essentially waste their pick on Berube. Robbed may be hyperbole, but that's a pretty decent return for a late first rounder.

Yeah they did well here for sure. Especially considering the players that were unprotected.. the isles have definitely had worse moves :P 

4 minutes ago, e_prime said:

So beat writers are the mouthpiece for Ken Holland?  Great.  Nothing like direct communication and transparency when you have the beat writers to do your work for you.  Especially when your handpicked mouthpiece says that our Nosek being picked over the more experienced NHL talent we have is an indictment of the team and talent... but whatever... maybe it IS time for Ken Holland to go.

I'm still not sure this is the way that you go about "dealing with it."

We now have a goaltender who, in all likelihood, will be playing well enough to raise his trade value and get out of town.  Yay!  Guess that complete rebuild will be happening sooner than later!

There was definitely a smear campaign. The Red wings are very good at leaking the information they want to leak, and nothing else. That being said, I highly doubt their lil anti-mrazek campaign is totally baseless.

Baseless or not, it's a pretty s***ty move.  I don't see how it benefits us at all.  We've devalued the player even further.  No one wanted to trade for him before why would they give us anything at all now. 

The only way to get a decent return on him is if he plays well for us... and now that we've basically tried to bounce him out of town... what motivation would there be for him to anything other than that.  Play lights out hockey, make it known you want out, force our hand to take what we can get.

We've clearly screwed the pooch on this. 

Edited by e_prime

1 minute ago, e_prime said:

Baseless or not, it's a pretty s***ty move.  I don't see how it benefits us at all.  We've devalued the player even further.  No one wanted to trade for him before why would they give us anything at all now. 

The only way to get a decent return on him is if he plays well for us... and now that we've basically tried to bounce him out of town... what motivation would there be for him to stay. 

Well they do seem to like to talk s*** about their young players. It's really not that surprising.

4 minutes ago, e_prime said:

The only way to get a decent return on him is if he plays well for us... and now that we've basically tried to bounce him out of town... what motivation would there be for him to stay. 

If we're able to make him one of the best goalies in the league this episode will fade and Mrazek will probably stay out of loyalty. If not we don't loose much.

I'm not one of the "when there is smoke, there is fire fire" guys. We simply don't know why Holland exposed Mrazek. There has to be a good reason, but it's not necessarily his attitude. Maybe some other move including Howard we don't know yet ?

2 minutes ago, e_prime said:

TSN doing their very best for you:  http://www.tsn.ca/live-blog-expected-vegas-picks-1.785246

Ugh, no Detroit news though!

Maybe VGK told Holland they want Howard if he's exposed. Maybe Holland just wants to keep Howard for trade bait come deadline or maybe Mrazek will be that trade bait. Either way, seems Holland didn't want to lose Howard for free...

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well if we lose Nosek, that would stink, but we keep Mrazek.  If it's true now that Mrazek lost the starting job to Howard, maybe we can flip Mrazek in a package for a top defender?

Ya, Anaheim needs a quality back up...lets trade Mrazek to them for Fowler! Even swap in cap! Plus they only have $2.3M tied up in Gibson right now, 2 starting goalies for $6.3M? Make it So!

13 minutes ago, e_prime said:

The only way to get a decent return on him is if he plays well for us... and now that we've basically tried to bounce him out of town... what motivation would there be for him to anything other than that.  Play lights out hockey, make it known you want out, force our hand to take what we can get.

I don't think Holland actually wants Mrazek to go anywhere....

1405393636226.jpg

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think Holland actually wants Mrazek to go anywhere....

1405393636226.jpg

i agree i think holland isnt concerned about our goaltending as much as or D core

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don't worry you can enjoy Howard until he gets hurt again 3 weeks in

donald-trump-salty-meme.jpg

12 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

And we lose a solid bottom 6 forward that is still young and inexpensive... It's freaking awesome.  I would have traded a mid-round pick at least to hold on to Nosek.

Someone had to be selected. Who would you prefer it was? They weren't gonna take Ericsson off of our hands for free.

1 minute ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

If it is Nosek, then it says a lot the rest of the roster players that were exposed, not even the expansion team wants them they'd sooner pick a player off the AHL side. 

Yes. Our team is comprised of garbage, plain and simple. 

We're gonna end up as the only team that Vegas picked an AHL player from. Such a joke. 

13 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

And we lose a solid bottom 6 forward that is still young and inexpensive... It's freaking awesome.  I would have traded a mid-round pick at least to hold on to Nosek.

would you pay a mid-round pick to PROTECT Nosek?  Because in that case the price is the mid-round pick AND Mrazek (or whoever else they decided to choose).

Or are you suggesting you would pay a mid-round pick for them to take a particular player?  Look at who you'd want them to take.  They would need a hell of a lot more than a mid-round pick to take the players we need to get rid of.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

donald-trump-salty-meme.jpg

Someone had to be selected. Who would you prefer it was? They weren't gonna take Ericsson off of our hands for free.

Mrazek, Sheahan, hell even Sproul...  

Just now, kiwi wingnut said:

would you pay a mid-round pick to PROTECT Nosek?  Because in that case the price is the mid-round pick AND Mrazek (or whoever else they decided to choose).

Or are you suggesting you would pay a mid-round pick for them to take a particular player?  Look at who you'd want them to take.  They would need a hell of a lot more than a mid-round pick to take the players we need to get rid of.

Given the information that has come to light on Mrazek, absolutely, I would offer them him and a mid-round pick to stay away from Nosek.  It seems that Holland has already tried trading him without success, that isn't going to change after the exp draft.