• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

Red Wings Expansion Draft Protected List

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Mrazek, Sheahan, hell even Sproul...  

Given the information that has come to light on Mrazek, absolutely, I would offer them him and a mid-round pick to stay away from Nosek.  It seems that Holland has already tried trading him without success, that isn't going to change after the exp draft.

I can't recall exactly, was Nosek undrafted?  Wouldn't a mid-round pick be just as likely to be Nosek or better, than not?  Genuinely unsure, just asking.

Also, I reckon post expansion draft Mrazek becomes infinitely more tradeable.  Up till this point any other team if they traded for him would have had to protect him.  Which current starter is he that much of an upgrade over?  Post draft - teams looking for a tandem or a backup could take a swing on him.

Edited by kiwi wingnut

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean Nosek hasn't even played 20 NHL games yet, and he's projected to be a 4th line center. Is that really so much of a loss?

Nosek is a known commodity... He's young, on an affordable contract (now), and brings it.  Every line matters.  

1 minute ago, kiwi wingnut said:

I can't recall exactly, was Nosek undrafted?  Wouldn't a mid-round pick be just as likely to be Nosek or better, than not?  Genuinely unsure, just asking.

Nosek was undrafted, yes.  He's a known commodity and should only improve.  He's also a center, which we need.   A pick from beginning to end will always be a question mark on how they develop (for us anyway). 

Just now, SwedeLundin77 said:

Nosek is a known commodity... He's young, on an affordable contract (now), and brings it.  Every line matters.  

Known commodity... in the AHL

Brings it... in the AHL

And this kid isn't predicted to ever be an impact player in the NHL. We're better off giving Bertuzzi and Svechnikov call ups.

If Nosek really is our selection, we made out like bandits compared to a lot of teams.

If it's true, Nosek's not a great loss. As someone else said, the expansion draft is not there to help us out. The likelihood that it would be someone we'd be happy to lose (aka Ericsson) was very small.

Losing him might give Frk a shot in one of our 3 free forward spots or maybe it's Bertuzzi, if the team thinks him ready. I don't think either of those options would hurt the roster in place of having Nosek.

I'd just be glad, if we get away with exposing Mrazek. 

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Known commodity... in the AHL

Brings it... in the AHL

And this kid isn't predicted to ever be an impact player in the NHL. We're better off giving Bertuzzi and Svechnikov call ups.

If Nosek really is our selection, we made out like bandits compared to a lot of teams.

In the 11 games he played this past season, he didn't look out of place.  Bertuzzi, perhaps, but Nosek is also a center which is a position we need.  Svechnikov would be wasted on the 4th line.

Sure, we lost a guy who isn't an All-Star, but this is an indictment of the quality of the more prominent players on this team (Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Ericsson).  This team needs quality players, from top to bottom... instead we have these jokers.

3 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

In the 11 games he played this past season, he didn't look out of place.  Bertuzzi, perhaps, but Nosek is also a center which is a position we need.  Svechnikov would be wasted on the 4th line.

Sure, we lost a guy who isn't an All-Star, but this is an indictment of the quality of the more prominent players on this team (Helm, Sheahan, Glendening, Ericsson).  This team needs quality players, from top to bottom... instead we have these jokers.

Or maybe Vegas is just building for the future and generally choosing younger players. That's what I'd do in their place (though Mrazek would be my choice of young players).

20 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

We're gonna end up as the only team that Vegas picked an AHL player from. Such a joke. 

No, there will be more. They want to stock up with some guys that could potentially be on the team a long time.. Griffin Reinhart from EDM and Brendan Leipsic from TOR are already rumored to be picked by Vegas. 

1 minute ago, amato said:

No, there will be more. They want to stock up with some guys that could potentially be on the team a long time.. Griffin Reinhart from EDM and Brendan Leipsic from TOR are already rumored to be picked by Vegas. 

But arent these picks due to side deals in place? 

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean Nosek hasn't even played 20 NHL games yet, and he's projected to be a 4th line center. Is that really so much of a loss?

It isn't, but people were gonna act like the world is ending no matter who was drafted. I think Nosek will be a solid player, but players like him are also a dime a dozen. Mrazek, Sproul, XO, hell even Sheahan I feel all have higher upside. 

15 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

He didn't look out of place, but he was also nothing to write home to mom about. Zetterberg, Nielsen, Larkin, Athanasiou, Helm, Glendening, and Sheahan, all currently play or have played center. 4th line center is in no way a NEED for us.

I don't know how else to reiterate this... This was an NHL expansion draft and we lost an AHL player. If Nosek was our pick, we made out nice.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

29 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Mrazek, Sheahan, hell even Sproul...  

Given the information that has come to light on Mrazek, absolutely, I would offer them him and a mid-round pick to stay away from Nosek.  It seems that Holland has already tried trading him without success, that isn't going to change after the exp draft.

Just when I thought I've heard it all, someone says they'd rather lose any of Mrazek (elite number one potential), Sheahan (reliable 3rd line center), or Sproul (top 4 potential), over Nosek (3rd line center potential)... Not only that, goes on to say that they would offer Mrazek and a pick to stay away from our coveted bottom 6 center...

Absolutely stoked that it looks like Mrazek is staying, just have no idea what is going to happen to him going forward... I'm okay with shopping him, but it has to be for a significant return, and that's not going to happen now while his stock is at an all time low. I say, see how this season turns out, and make the decision next summer. Shouldn't be any rush to move either Mrazek or Howard at this point.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Just when I thought I've heard it all, someone says they'd rather lose any of Mrazek (elite number one potential), Sheahan (reliable 3rd line center), or Sproul (top 4 potential), over Nosek (3rd line center potential)... Not only that, goes on to say that they would offer Mrazek and a pick to stay away from our coveted bottom 6 center...

Absolutely stoked that it looks like Mrazek is staying, just have no idea what is going to happen to him going forward... I'm okay with shopping him, but it has to be for a significant return, and that's not going to happen now while his stock is at an all time low. I say, see how this season turns out, and make the decision next summer. Shouldn't be any rush to move either Mrazek or Howard at this point.

Whatever keeps Coreau out of Detroit keeps me happy. I think it's very concerning that Wings management is so high on him. 

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PETR

THE 

GREAT

Damn you Holland you exposed our best player, the elite Mrazek. What a value this guy has. 

But seriously I was hoping Sheahan would be picked, is this legit? 

Edited by kickazz

Here at LGW, we should have a pretty good idea about how easily and commonly the most promising prospects in the AHL fizzle out into nothing once they get into the NHL.  From purely an odds standpoint, Vegas selecting anyone off our AHL roster over currently established NHL players is likely going to be a long-term win for us.  Keeping Mrazek would buy Holland another season to work out a solution for a backup role as well (cuz Coreau I don't think is ready, and Howard is likely going to be injured).  Not losing any sleep over these results if they're true.

Also regarding Mrazek's low trade value: lets not give this kid a scapegoat and blame everything on Holland.  He's struggled to put together a consistent showing since coming up to the NHL and his attitude and entitlement problems are widely reported.  Maybe if he wants to be a number one goalie or be a valuable asset he should work more on his game and behavior.  Its not Blashill or Holland's job to coddle him.

Edited by Echolalia

Wow! It looks like we are losing Tomas Nosek and people are upset? Ottawa is likely losing Methot, NYI are losing the 15th overall pick, we are losing Tomas fricken Nosek! Come on guys, with all due respect to Nosek, he is a 4th line player, 3rd liner at best.

Some people just want to ***** and moan regardless of what happens.

Edited by kliq

15 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It isn't, but people were gonna act like the world is ending no matter who was drafted. I think Nosek will be a solid player, but players like him are also a dime a dozen. Mrazek, Sproul, XO, hell even Sheahan I feel all have higher upside. 

Agree. Nosek is 25 next year. Losing a guy 25, who's and only played 17 games in the NHL, isn't much of a loss at all. It's a relief.

My guess is Vegas picked from us near the end, and they needed a guy with a low cap hit.

9 minutes ago, kliq said:

Wow! It looks like we are losing Tomas Nosek and people are upset? Ottawa is likely losing Methot, NYI are losing the 15th overall pick, we are losing Tomas fricken Nosek! Come on guys, with all due respect to Nosek, he is a 4th line player, 3rd liner at best.

Some people just want to ***** and moan regardless of what happens.

Dude Holland is like an elite gambler man. He exposes Mrazek and confuses everyone and dares them to call his bluff. Vegas is all like "dude no this is too good to be true.. we'll play it safe and take TOMAS Frickin' NOSEK" 

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

If this is true, do people now believe that Mrazek had no trade value? Maybe he's as good as gone once teams no longer have to worry about "protecting" him. Or, maybe we place him on waivers and LGRW.com erupts.

There could be a side-deal in place that protected Mrazek. We won't know till 9 am tomorrow.

If there wasn't one, Mrazek has a lot less value around the league than LGW perceives. However, I really doubt Mrazek will be traded even after the expansion if this is the case. If he had value in a trade McPhee would have selected and flipped him.

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

Baseless or not, it's a pretty s***ty move.  I don't see how it benefits us at all.  We've devalued the player even further.  No one wanted to trade for him before why would they give us anything at all now. 

The only way to get a decent return on him is if he plays well for us... and now that we've basically tried to bounce him out of town... what motivation would there be for him to anything other than that.  Play lights out hockey, make it known you want out, force our hand to take what we can get.

We've clearly screwed the pooch on this. 

I mean, maybe Mrazek WANTED to get out and wanted trade OR exposure to be the way. We don't really know anything that's going on behind the scenes. Holland isn't the type to just give s*** away for free. He'll he's been known as a "hoarder" around here for the last 3 or 4 years. 

Alternatively maybe there was a deal with Vegas to NOT take Mrazek? Maybe their long term goal with this guy was never to actually trade him but to keep him here for the long haul and they went about it the way they did? 

This situation has far too interesting to be as simple as it is. I think something is brewing behind that Ken Holland desk that we don't know of. Whether it's disciplining a player, or a side deal or trolling or actually wanting to get rid of Mrazek but failing. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I mean, maybe Mrazek WANTED to get out and wanted trade OR exposure to be the way. We don't really know anything that's going on behind the scenes. Holland isn't the type to just give s*** away for free. He'll he's been known as a "hoarder" around here for the last 3 or 4 years. 

Yeah I hadn't considered what Mrazek wanted. For all we know he demanded a trade already.