• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sputman

Red Wings Expansion Draft Protected List

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I hadn't considered what Mrazek wanted. For all we know he demanded a trade already.

Trade or just wanted out period, even if it was in an expansion draft. 

Here at LGW, we should have a pretty good idea about how easily and commonly the most promising prospects in the AHL fizzle out into nothing once they get into the NHL.  From purely an odds standpoint, Vegas selecting anyone off our AHL roster over currently established NHL players is likely going to be a long-term win for us.  Keeping Mrazek would buy Holland another season to work out a solution for a backup role as well (cuz Coreau I don't think is ready, and Howard is likely going to be injured).  Not losing any sleep over these results if they're true.

Also regarding Mrazek's low trade value: lets not give this kid a scapegoat and blame everything on Holland.  He's struggled to put together a consistent showing since coming up to the NHL and his attitude and entitlement problems are widely reported.  Maybe if he wants to be a number one goalie or be a valuable asset he should work more on his game and behavior.  Its not Blashill or Holland's job to coddle him.

Giving Mrazek his last contract season to evaluate things further makes sense.

Coddled? I don't think he expects that. Or maybe he looks at Howard, who was coddled in the AHL till he was 25 and ran out of eligibility, and wonders why management is tougher on him? Mrazek made the big team early with a quality of play that couldn't be ignored, and took the starting job away from a guy who had it for 5 years. He's regressed though, and maybe management is tougher on him because they know how good he can be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Dude Holland is like an elite gambler man. He exposes Mrazek and confuses everyone and dares them to call his bluff. Vegas is all like "dude no this is too good to be true.. we'll play it safe and take TOMAS Frickin' NOSEK"

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

11 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Coddled? I don't think he expects that. Or maybe he looks at Howard, who was coddled in the AHL till he was 25 and ran out of eligibility, and wonders why management is tougher on him? Mrazek made the big team early with a quality of play that couldn't be ignored, and took the starting job away from a guy who had it for 5 years. He's regressed though, and maybe management is tougher on him because they know how good he can be?

facepalm-kanye.jpg

It's been well documented why the team has been tough on Mrazek at this point. I'm not gonna even.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Ken Holland Master Troll

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

17 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

So chaps... how do you feel now that Mrazek didn't get taken for free..?

Yeah I know he has a bad attitude, walked out on a practice, doesn't work hard enough, etc. But it's ok for guys like Coreau to come up and fall flat on their face and get rewarded with more starts and the Winter Classic. Guess he has a good attitude and works hard or something.

Holland is a weird, weird man.

At least now Holland can't give Nosek a 4 year $8 million dollar deal. Unless he gives up a first to get him back.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Well, Quincey is floating around out there somewhere. He needs defence....

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

This situation has far too interesting to be as simple as it is. I think something is brewing behind that Ken Holland desk that we don't know of. Whether it's disciplining a player, or a side deal or trolling or actually wanting to get rid of Mrazek but failing. 

Why should we think it isn't simple? We have two expensive goalies, and we're tight on cap space, and we have a third goalie out of options coming off a good AHL career. Mrazek's coming off an awful year, and as his detractors like to point out he's had his share of down moments even prior. Howard is coming off an excellent year, apart from the injury.

As I've said, there are benefits in him being selected. Given that we now know of at least two credible rumors of Vegas being paid to take goalies, (and Holland has said he's been talking to other GMs so he was likely aware of that even before we were) it would seem the chances of him being selected weren't as high as we might have thought.

Put it all together and it's hardly that outrageous that he was exposed, even without resorting to speculative character assassination. I don't think you even have to conclude that we wanted Vegas to take him. Just that we'd be OK with it, which is reasonable to assume based on fact alone.

29 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I don't think it really says much. If they were already selecting two goalies, one of them already fairly expensive, plus several other options like Grubauer and Raanta... There's never a big market for goalies, so it's not that surprising that they wouldn't want too many or would think a player would be worth more than a 3rd-rounder or whatever. They do still need to build a team.

More surprising that they would pick Nosek ahead of Sheahan if they were taking a forward (assuming they weren't paid to take him). Maybe they're pinching pennies, or maybe even GMs get overly swayed by what-have-you-done-lately thinking.

Yep. Errorsson can take a hike back to Sweden any day he feels like it

I'd tell him he has training camp to prove he can still be an effective NHL player
If he isn't better than he has been he'll be sent to GR, or he can retire and I won't object to him playing in Sweden.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Now the one’s that were left unprotected

• Petr Mrazek
  • Luke Glendening
  • Darren Helm
  • Riley Sheahan
  • Xavier Ouellet
  • Drew Miller
  • Tomas Nosek
  • Ben Street
  • Ryan Sproul
  • Jared Coreau
  • Martin Frk
  • Eric Tangradi
  • Jonathan Ericsson
  • Niklas Kronwall
  • Brian Lashoff
  • Jake Paterson
  • Dylan McIlrath
  • Adam Almquist
  • Louis-Marc Aubry
  • Colin Campbell
  • Edward Pasquale

Drew Miller was on our unprotected list, so I thought he was on the team.

Ah. He's a UFA.. and it was already official that we weren't signing him. All UFAs are able to be protected or exposed by the team they played for last year though.

I'm happy Holland doesn't have much cap space. Hopefully he stays far away from free agency. Just sign Tatar, Athanasiou and Ouellet, and that's it, no UFA's. I don't expect much in the way of trades, but if he can make one big splash for a young defenseman, without giving up the farm, I'd be very happy.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

but if he can make one big splash for a young defenseman, without giving up the farm, I'd be very happy.

If they can get that Foo kid maybe that'd make Tatar or Nyquist (preferrably Nyquist) expendable.

28 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

What nonsense are you speaking Of? I'm not saying anything bad, I'm simply adding in his $3.8M to our available cap.

I guess I'm asking when his contract finally ends and we can stop playing the LTIR games every year. Seems like it just keeps going...