• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Hossa's Career Might Be Over Already

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I just wonder how different this would be if it was Patrick Kane. Hawks would be working on getting league approved, allergen free, custom gear, like it's the heckin cure for cancer. But with Hossa it will be: send him to LTIR, nothing to see here. 

You do realize that he had more goals than any player on Detroit this year? And did it in 13 less games?

I'm sure the Hawks don't really care about him career wise. Didn't they give him a ten year contract? For a team with EIGHT NMCs and two 10 million plus contracts in the cap era, if he can't play, big savings for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

I'm sure the Hawks don't really care about him career wise. Didn't they give him a ten year contract? For a team with EIGHT NMCs and two 10 million plus contracts in the cap era, if he can't play, big savings for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 year actually.. crazy.

And his cap hit is 5.25 while the actual salary is 1 mill for the next four years before it's over. Watch him be done and Arizona trade them some young stud who tears it up on a 700k contract. 

“Over the course of the last few years, under the supervision of the Blackhawks medical staff, I have been privately undergoing treatment for a progressive skin disorder and the side effects of the medications involved to treat the disorder,” Hossa said in a release. “Due to the severe side effects associated with those medications, playing hockey is not possible for me during the upcoming 2017-18 season. While I am disappointed that I will not be able to play, I have to consider the severity of my condition and how the treatments have impacted my life both on and off the ice.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/skin-disorder-will-force-marian-hossa-to-miss-all-of-2017-18-season/

Sad news for any player. Get well soon. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Question is now, is Hossa a HOFer?

Interesting question. From what I can remember off the top of my head, the guy has never been an elite player (ie. Hart contender) but he has been a top player for like 20 years. 

34th all time in goals with 525, almost top 50 in points, 3 cups, 5 finals (not that this matters that much, but voters care) I would lean towards yes.

Edited by kliq

23 minutes ago, kliq said:

Interesting question. From what I can remember off the top of my head, the guy has never been an elite player (ie. Hart contender) but he has been a top player for like 20 years. 

34th all time in goals with 525, almost top 50 in points, 3 cups, 5 finals (not that this matters that much, but voters care) I would lean towards yes.

I'd also argue he's probably the best defensive winger in the game, and probably would have won a selke or two if he was a center.

Not an obvious yes and not an obvious no either.  He has 500+ goals and 1,000+ points and 3 cups, but is well under 1ppg and has no individual awards....never considered one of the best.  He's just been really, really good over a long period of time.  I think he'll probably get in, but if it was me, I'd lean to saying no (he's better than some that are already in though)....his highest finish in hart voting is 10th.