• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Hossa's Career Might Be Over Already

Rate this topic

Hossa and a Sickening Salary Cap Escape

Notice anything missing from all three statements?

Any mention of Hossa working back from this and continuing his playing career.

Because we all know that’s probably not happening.

He turns 39 in January. He’ll have missed a full season due to this skin condition. The idea that he’s going to ramp it up and skate into his 40s is unlikely. And for the Chicago Blackhawks, from a salary cap perspective, it’s unpalatable.

If Hossa actually decides he's done, they'd trade his contract to a team trying to reach the cap floor and get something back before putting him on LTIR.. either way, it's not like it's something that hasn't been done before. 

1 hour ago, amato said:

If Hossa actually decides he's done, they'd trade his contract to a team trying to reach the cap floor and get something back before putting him on LTIR.. either way, it's not like it's something that hasn't been done before. 

I would be shocked if Hossa is not a Yote by next season

12 year actually.. crazy.
And his cap hit is 5.25 while the actual salary is 1 mill for the next four years before it's over. Watch him be done and Arizona trade them some young stud who tears it up on a 700k contract. 

With the horseshoe up the Hawks ass, I could see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be a latex allergy. I had a friend with that when I was younger. It can actually be deadly. But there's things like lycra and cotton (though that would be hot to wear playing hockey) that are fine for people with that allergy. Never heard of anyone that was allergic to the alternatives as well.

Or maybe it's the plastic cups for shoulder pads etcetera? Those would be harder to replace with another material.  

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Itchy Ice Inc.

Thats my new hockey brand.
Ivy Skates
Oak Gloves.
Helmet 'o Hives
Scratch and Sniff Shoulder Pads
Worms of the Ring Jockstrap

Have a salary cap issue and aging players?  No problem.  Just get your I3 gear today!

The guys says "dont laugh".  Well, this is a freaking joke.  If the league allows this, it will not be good.

The league will definitely consider anything that makes their product more like figure skating. Delete the post.

3 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

LOL the cluelessness. Hossa is absolutely HOF material.

7 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

It's not Hall of Pretty Good. Hossa is not a HOF player.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I would argue that both of these statements are hyperbolic.

4 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Not an obvious yes and not an obvious no either.  He has 500+ goals and 1,000+ points and 3 cups, but is well under 1ppg and has no individual awards....never considered one of the best.  He's just been really, really good over a long period of time.  I think he'll probably get in, but if it was me, I'd lean to saying no (he's better than some that are already in though)....his highest finish in hart voting is 10th.

This is more like it.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First, it seems that they have been treating him for awhile. But with these type of things (at least enough to get him on the ice) will be so life altering that it makes sense that he would eventually have to hang them up over it.

And I say that with literally two post-graduate degrees to my name in relevant fields and working on my third.  

10 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

It's not Hall of Pretty Good. Hossa is not a HOF player.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

It's not the "Hall of Only the Very Best of the Very Best Ever" either. "Fame" doesn't mean much of anything specific.

3 hours ago, Juklitz said:

Long time considered to be one of the best 2-way forwards of couple last decades. 

What I actually said was this.

23 hours ago, kliq said:

Interesting question. From what I can remember off the top of my head, the guy has never been an elite player (ie. Hart contender) but he has been a top player for like 20 years. 

34th all time in goals with 525, almost top 50 in points, 3 cups, 5 finals (not that this matters that much, but voters care) I would lean towards yes.

Your edit makes it sound like I am putting Hossa down which I am not. We are talking Hall of Fame here, so my point was that he was a top player, but one thing against him was that was never in a single year "the best" or even "one of the best". He was always very very good.

Either way, if I am voting I say he gets in.

Put it this way. 

Jonathan Toews is getting in. Hossa is better than Toews both offensively and defensively (just look at Hossa's takeaway stats). And he has the same amount of cups.

Hence Hossa should get in. 

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Haha

I swear he got the loudest standing ovation at the Joe farewell ceremony besides Stevie. Lots of love there.

No, no he didn't. Lidstrom, Vladdy Howe (his son wearing #9), Scott Bowman, Zetterberg, etc. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

No, no he didn't. Lidstrom, Vladdy Howe (his son wearing #9), Scott Bowman, Zetterberg, etc. 

Agreed. Nobody gets close to what Vladdy gets, not even Stevie. I was there in person for that, so I can say that with 100% certainty.

31 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Well either way, it was loud. You can tell he's a fan favourite who gets respect. Deservedly so.

There's still a lot of people who don't like him, remember the boards here years ago? 

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, kliq said:

but one thing against him was that was never in a single year "the best" or even "one of the best"

I´ve got your point and admit edit was not fair, I believe we´re on the same page at the end of the day.. (reason why I quoted just that part is that I don´t like people (it´s not you in your quote) underestimating Hossa and his role because he´s not that first page guy).