• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

Official Expansion Draft/NHL Awards, Crosby love fest thread.

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Yeah, that had me scratching my head.... how does that make any sense?

Apparently it was agreed upon back at the trade deadline.. I'm confused why it had to be so much. There were a lot of goalies available though. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I still cannot believe Anaheim gave up Theodore to keep Vatanen... What the f*** is Murray smoking? Holland, you better be on the phone with McPhee right now...

Ya I just came on to say the same thing , can't believe they dealt Theodore ...shocked , doubt Vegas would deal Theodore 

1 hour ago, BadgerBob said:

Maybe Vegas planned on taking a forward they wanted to keep?

Bryan Rust maybe. 

2 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Emelin is a D i'd like to see play here. 

Agreed.

It's kind of crazy that the Habs have lost Emelin, traded Beaulieu for a 3rd, and traded Shegachyov away all in a couple weeks. Gotta think they'll feel those losses to the D corps. Shedding 3 solid or promising D men feels like their mocking us a bit, haha.

They probably should have just let Vegas choose one of Beaulieu or Emelin. A 3rd isn't much of a gain and I think retaining either player would be more valuable.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Who's more excited about Las Vegas next season than the Red Wings?

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire show as I tuned in late.  Which player had the best piece of *** at his side?

McDavid had quite the blonde with him

The NHL Awards have to be the most cringe worthy award show in the world. Other then Taylor Killam EVERYONE was awkward as hell. Joe Manganiello was ok, but the guy just isnt a "host". They should have gotten someone who kills these types of shows, like a Jimmy Kimmel or John Cena. 

Pretty underwhelmed by this Knights roster.  I figured they'd either grab the best players available and be near the cap limit or draft prospects, get to the cap floor, and just build through the draft.  Instead they took a ton of average to below average players with some pretty sizeable cap hits considering their quality and are up against the cap limit.  If you're going to be against the cap limit, you should probably have some good players.  Fleury, Neal, and Perron are the only ones that I would say are worth anything.  The rest are overpaid.

4 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

Pretty underwhelmed by this Knights roster.  I figured they'd either grab the best players available and be near the cap limit or draft prospects, get to the cap floor, and just build through the draft.  Instead they took a ton of average to below average players with some pretty sizeable cap hits considering their quality and are up against the cap limit.  If you're going to be against the cap limit, you should probably have some good players.  Fleury, Neal, and Perron are the only ones that I would say are worth anything.  The rest are overpaid.

I disagree. I think McPhee has done a fantastic job building this team. It's still early and what they look like today, isn't anything like what they will look like in October. They have a ton of assets to trade off. About 6 or 7 both defensemen and forwards could potentially be traded in the coming days / weeks / months. They already have a ton of picks, and will get many more by trading off these assets. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with one of Patrick or Hischier in the draft, as well as another pick or two in the 1st round. An expansion team that could potentially start with a stud center (Patrick / Hischier or at worst Vilardi / Glass), a stud defenseman (Theodore) and a very good goaltender (Fleury) is in great shape going forward. They have also already signed two very good players out of the KHL (Shipachev and Gusev). I've been saying, maybe a little tongue in cheek, that Vegas will be better than Detroit in the next 2-3 years, but I actually think that's a strong possibility, and it could be even sooner than that...

Yes, now his NHL rights belong to VGK. But he signed two year extension in KHL through 17/18 hence must stay there. Same case like with Sobotka who announced return to StL last year, but actually returned this year after KHL season end. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I disagree. I think McPhee has done a fantastic job building this team. It's still early and what they look like today, isn't anything like what they will look like in October. They have a ton of assets to trade off. About 6 or 7 both defensemen and forwards could potentially be traded in the coming days / weeks / months. They already have a ton of picks, and will get many more by trading off these assets. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with one of Patrick or Hischier in the draft, as well as another pick or two in the 1st round. An expansion team that could potentially start with a stud center (Patrick / Hischier or at worst Vilardi / Glass), a stud defenseman (Theodore) and a very good goaltender (Fleury) is in great shape going forward. They have also already signed two very good players out of the KHL (Shipachev and Gusev). I've been saying, maybe a little tongue in cheek, that Vegas will be better than Detroit in the next 2-3 years, but I actually think that's a strong possibility, and it could be even sooner than that...

The defensemen they got are nothing special, I don't see why these assets are what other teams would want especially at their cap hits.  The forwards are way overpaid for their production and again, I don't know who would want them, outside of James Neal and David Perron.  If the plan was to trade assets for picks or prospects, they should have gone with players that teams would find tempting.  Looking at their roster on Capfriendly, its like a list of bad NHL contracts throughout the league.  You're putting a lot of faith in a couple of unknown KHL players, players that don't typically do well in the NHL and Fleury, who's GAA was over 3 playing for the defending Cup champions.

All in all, I'm happy yet disappointed that we lost someone we don't need to replace. I'm glad we didn't lose anyone significant, yet was looking forward to Holland having to actually do some work.

I think Vegas teamwould've looked a ton better if teams werent allowed to offer trades to protect more players...

6 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

The defensemen they got are nothing special, I don't see why these assets are what other teams would want especially at their cap hits.  The forwards are way overpaid for their production and again, I don't know who would want them, outside of James Neal and David Perron.  If the plan was to trade assets for picks or prospects, they should have gone with players that teams would find tempting.  Looking at their roster on Capfriendly, its like a list of bad NHL contracts throughout the league.  You're putting a lot of faith in a couple of unknown KHL players, players that don't typically do well in the NHL and Fleury, who's GAA was over 3 playing for the defending Cup champions.

They're just trying to get as many draft picks as possible over the next three drafts.. they've already added what; 10 or 11? And I'm sure there are more to come in the next 24 hours.

Combine that with likely a top three pick in at least the next two drafts and they could be contenders in 3-5 years if they do it right. I think they had a set strategy along those lines in mind leading up to the expansion draft and did a pretty good job of sticking to it. 

16 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I'm not sure what you were expecting from an expansion team. Of course they have a few bad contracts, but at a good price (future assets). Clarkson will never play again, and Grabovski may or may not be ready to start the season. They received 2 first round and 2 second round picks for taking on two players that may end up on LTIR for the majority or entirety of their contracts. Not a bad haul. They'll likely keep Neal and Perron, at least until the deadline, where they might get another few high picks. As for their defense, there is definitely a market for the majority of them. Methot and Emelin should garner a decent return, same goes for Van Riemsdyk and Miller if they decide to move them. But like I said, this is not the team they're going to roll out in October. They have a glut of picks in the draft, and I would expect at least one (maybe Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier) to be on the roster this season. They also picked up a stud defenseman in Shea Theodore. So they could potentially have a true number one defenseman and number one center right out of the gate. There are a lot of teams in the league that can't say the same, and unfortunately we're one of them...