• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

Official Expansion Draft/NHL Awards, Crosby love fest thread.

Rate this topic

Vegas draft choices in 2017 as of right now:
1st round - 6
1st round - 13
1st round - 15
2nd round - 34
2nd round - 45
2nd round - 62
3rd round - 65
4th round - 96
5th round - 127
5th round - 142
6th round - 158
6th round - 161
7th round - 189

Holy f***!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Is there anyone on our team that compares to Strome?

AA or Larkin maybe? Don't take that as fact though.. I don't know a ton about Strome other than he's a former 5th overall pick center who has seemingly under-performed. Maybe the change of scenery and getting to play with the oilers higher scoring offense will help.  

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Vegas draft choices in 2017 as of right now:

1st round - 6
1st round - 13
1st round - 15
2nd round - 34
2nd round - 45
2nd round - 62
3rd round - 65
4th round - 96
5th round - 127
5th round - 142
6th round - 158
6th round - 161
7th round - 189

And I don't believe the Golden Knights are anywhere close to being done acquiring draft picks.

Custance thinks Athanasiou is gonna be our trade bait for a top D. https://theathletic.com/69497/2017/06/22/athanasiou-could-be-the-price-to-upgrade-red-wings-defense/

Really hope not. One of the most fun players to watch on the Wings in years. Him and Mantha are the only two pieces I really care about keeping. Rather trade Larkin than Athanasiou.

6 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

Custance thinks Athanasiou is gonna be our trade bait for a top D. https://theathletic.com/69497/2017/06/22/athanasiou-could-be-the-price-to-upgrade-red-wings-defense/

Really hope not. One of the most fun players to watch on the Wings in years. Him and Mantha are the only two pieces I really care about keeping. Rather trade Larkin than Athanasiou.

That's what I think it will take too, and I'm okay with moving either of Athanasiou or Svechnikov in the right deal for a top defenseman.

I completely disagree with trading Larkin before Athanasiou though. You have to remember that Larkin is only 20 (2 years younger than AA) and he has almost twice as many points as Athanasiou. I love AA too, but if we're moving one, he's the odd man out for me.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's what I think it will take too, and I'm okay with moving either of Athanasiou or Svechnikov in the right deal for a top defenseman.

I completely disagree with trading Larkin before Athanasiou though. You have to remember that Larkin is only 20 (2 years younger than AA) and he has almost twice as many points as Athanasiou. I love AA too, but if we're moving one, he's the odd man out for me.

Athanasiou only played about half the season though.....

13 minutes ago, ShanahanMan said:

Athanasiou only played about half the season though.....

Athanasiou puts up 0.43 points per game. Larkin puts up 0.48 points per game, plays a more complete game and is 2 years younger. I don't think it's a landslide by any stretch, but I'd give the slight edge to Larkin.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Athanasiou puts up 0.43 points per game. Larkin puts up 0.48 points per game, plays a more complete game and is 2 years younger. I don't think it's a landslide by any stretch, but I'd give the slight edge to Larkin.

Yeah, Larkin is all but untouchable. Sure he had a tough season. But that's quite normal for a rookie's soft more season. I feel confident saying he will become a legit #1 center in this league. Might take three years, but I'd be shocked if he turned out to be a bust.

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, Larkin is all but untouchable. Sure he had a tough season. But that's quite normal for a rookie's soft more season. I feel confident saying he will become a legit #1 center in this league. Might take three years, but I'd be shocked if he turned out to be a bust.

I agree. At worst he will become a very good 2nd line center, but 1st line potential is definitely there. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Athanasiou.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Alright, fair point. I'll give the edge to Larkin being a more complete player. Just such a rarity for this team to have a player that's electrifying to watch. We're so boring. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Dude Larkin played with Zetterberg in his entire first season, not a very good argument. AA plays with way lesser linemates and carries his own weight offensively (played with Andersson in his first season at times). 

With the linemates Larkin had compared to AA, the fact that their PPG is that close makes Larkin actually look worse not to mention the minutes played per game isn't even considered. 

Edited by kickazz

I agree. At worst he will become a very good 2nd line center, but 1st line potential is definitely there. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for Athanasiou.

You don't think AA has the potential to be a top player? He's already one of the fastest skaters in the league, and has great hands. He gets end to end ridiculously quickly, and if it's alone with the puck, it's going in the net.

Just now, chaps80 said:

You don't think AA has the potential to be a top player? He's already one of the fastest skaters in the league, and has great hands. He gets end to end ridiculously quickly, and if it's alone with the puck, it's going in the net.

I'm unsure that Helm ever had hands, but I certainly do remember a time when a lot of folks were hoping that he'd be a top player.

I'm unsure that Helm ever had hands, but I certainly do remember a time when a lot of folks were hoping that he'd be a top player.

Injuries didn't help him. Plus AA looks faster than Helm ever was. Taller, huge stride. Helm is fast, gets quite a few breaks, but barely ever finishes. AA does with some badass moves.

Larkin is almost as fast, is more complete as a player, is younger, and is more likely to be a center than AA, and center is a more valuable position than wing. All things being equal, you move AA first.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Dude Larkin played with Zetterberg in his entire first season, not a very good argument. AA plays with way lesser linemates and carries his own weight offensively (played with Andersson in his first season at times). 

With the linemates Larkin had compared to AA, the fact that their PPG is that close makes Larkin actually look worse not to mention the minutes played per game isn't even considered. 

I agree that Zetterberg boosted Larkin's point total quite a bit, but because Larkin was on the top line with Z, he also spent more time playing against other teams top players.

24 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I didn't say anything close to that. I think Athanasiou has the potential to become a very good top 6 winger (maybe center), but I think Larkin has the potential to become a very good top line center (at worst 2nd line center). Like I said, the difference isn't huge, but I give the slight edge to Larkin, if for no other reason, that he's two years younger (still only 20).

13 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Larkin is almost as fast, is more complete as a player, is younger, and is more likely to be a center than AA, and center is a more valuable position than wing. All things being equal, you move AA first.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Also, this. Athanasiou may become a center, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on the wing, and centers are far more valuable than wingers.

I'm not in any way saying I "want" to trade AA, but of the forwards we would likely have to part with to fetch a top end defenseman, I move Athanasiou or Svechnikov in a package before Larkin or Mantha.

Also, this. Athanasiou may become a center, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on the wing, and centers are far more valuable than wingers.
I'm not in any way saying I "want" to trade AA, but of the forwards we would likely have to part with to fetch a top end defenseman, I move Athanasiou or Svechnikov in a package before Larkin or Mantha.

Quoted the wrong one of your posts, but ya. I agree he's no better than Larkin. I thought you meant AA didn't have high potential. My bad.

I like AA to much as a fan i would hate to see him moved, he was one of the bright spots in this team. Exciting hockey when the pucks on his stick and hes flying. I liked that vanek nielson AA line alot.

Exactly how I feel. Probably my fave young forward on the team right now. Wonder how fast his time is end to end and around the rink? He's just...gone when he hits that first stride.

That's unfortunate. Hopefully Holland was one of the three. Keep kicking THAT tire Kenny. Make him an offer he can't refuse...

Would be nice, but I doubt Vegas is going to part with him. They will have to shed some of their D stockpile eventually though. One analyst said he wasn't impressed with the D they picked up, too much money, looks like a "pre-salary cap defense".

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That's unfortunate. Hopefully Holland was one of the three. Keep kicking THAT tire Kenny. Make him an offer he can't refuse...

If Theodore is as good as what everyone here is saying, I see no reason for LV to trade him. He sounds like the type of kid you build a franchise around.