• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2017/06/petersen-will-agency.html

Holland needs to go all-in for Petersen.  This guy could be exactly what we are looking for and will be far more NHL ready than any prospect this draft.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Vatanen had a down year, but boy I'd ship out AA for him. AA is electrifying and entertaining for sure, but right now he looks at best to be a Top 9 guy, not a Top 3 or even Top 6.

Yep, and the thing is, you gotta give to get.

18 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Defense is part of offense. A large part of the offensive struggles is a lack of guys on the blue line who can get the puck from the other team, make a good transition pass, join the rush and bury chances when they get them.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Exactly, it's something we've been sorely missing since the Lidstrom and Rafalski days.  Green tries, but I feel like the coaches hinder him a little bit.  Kronwall is no longer an offensive threat, too.  Outside of that, we don't really have a blue line that provides much more than outlet passes.  We need those point guys who can actually produce.

18 minutes ago, e_prime said:

So, if you think Vatanen is worth it, put together your "stepped up" offer to convince the Ducks to trade him?

There's no need for Anaheim to move Vatanen, unless some team offers up something they can't refuse. I wouldn't overpay for him, certainly wouldn't trade Athansiou or Svechnikov plus.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There's no need for Anaheim to move Vatanen, unless some team offers up something they can't refuse. I wouldn't overpay for him, certainly wouldn't trade Athansiou or Svechnikov plus.

So you think Athanasiou plus, say a mid-round pick for Vatanen is overpayment?  

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, there isn't a need to move him.  It's pretty much stated by LeBrun the only way they're moving him is if they get "wow'ed" by an offer.  What I'm reading from your "wouldn't overpay for him" is "not really the top tier defenseman we're looking for."   I don't have a good read on the guy which is why I'm asking what people think it would take to get him, and whether we should make an offer to begin with...

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Little nugget of hope for all yall Mrazek-Slappies

They're probably better off waiting until free agency:

-Ryan Miller
-Jonathan Bernier
-Ondrej Pavelec
-Brian Elliott
-Chad Johnson
-Michael Leighton
-Mike Condon

Little nugget of hope for all yall Mrazek-Slappies

Title should be "Flyers look to ruin another goalie's career". They've struggled in goal since Hextall, and that's not a joke. Shipped out Bobrovsky (who wasn't the goalie he is now) for Mason. And wouldn't ya know, Bob becomes yearly Vezina material. Signed Bryz for $10 million a season for ten years, he flops the moment the Flying P hits his chest, and is bought out after one season. Many, many more examples too.

I do like that one poster's idea of Howard/9th for the 2nd though. But it won't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're probably better off waiting until free agency:

-Ryan Miller
-Jonathan Bernier
-Ondrej Pavelec
-Brian Elliott
-Chad Johnson
-Michael Leighton
-Mike Condon

Miller isn't what he was and will want paid, Elliott is coming off a bad season ( could rebound and would be cheap though). The rest are backups. Leighton got the Flyers to the Finals once, but doubtful he repeats that.

I had no idea. That's insane!

Indeed. It wasn't a bad signing at the time, although it was a bit too much cash and term. But, he had been pretty stellar in Anaheim and Arizona before hitting UFA, and there was a lot of interest in him, and he wanted big money and long term. Philly desperately needed a proven #1 ( as they always do), ponied up the cash to beat all other offers, but Bryz did not fill his end of the deal. At all.

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
So full deal: Panarin, Motte and 6th Rd pick this year to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg and 5th Rd pick 2018

Ok then. Apparently Toews and Kane loved Saad so much they wanted him back.

8 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

The Carolina Hurricanes are entertaining calls and offers for young defenseman Noah Hanifin, who was drafted fifth-overall in 2015.

Holland gotta jump on this one if true

Also, why the s*** would the Canes be shopping him of all their dmen?!

Edited by marcaractac

So with the original Saad trade + this one and all the dust settled afterwards

Chicago receives
Saad
Anisimov
Panik
Ladd
Harrison
Fraser
Jackman
A. Forsberg
4th