• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

There will be none...he likes his team.

Always has. His best player is still Zetterberg, who's rookie season was nearly 15 years ago. He hasn't picked up or drafted ANYONE good enough to move him off the top line yet. I know Z is still damn good, but it is kind of a concern when he's entering his twilight career years and still can't step into a bit easier role because no other player on the roster can handle taking his current role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Always has. His best player is still Zetterberg, who's rookie season was nearly 15 years ago. He hasn't picked up or drafted ANYONE good enough to move him off the top line yet. I know Z is still damn good, but it is kind of a concern when he's entering his twilight career years and still can't step into a bit easier role because no other player on the roster can handle taking his current role.

But Nyquist is God. We have raspenstein now, he can stand in front of the net on the powerplay.

But Nyquist is God. We have raspenstein now, he can stand in front of the net on the powerplay.

Little Gus was good for awhile. Too bad he's too scared of getting hit now to do much good. I could stand on the ice in my socks and no gear and shove that little s*** ten feet.

Little Gus was good for awhile. Too bad he's too scared of getting hit now to do much good. I could stand on the ice in my socks and no gear and shove that little s*** ten feet.

And maybe the new big kid can stand there, but can he get his stick on pucks as precise as Holmer could to redirect them? Compare the two all you want, Holmer was the king of net front play.

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It was a blown pick no matter what. Tippett will be a Rocket Richard winner and raspberryputin will score 12 goals, 11 on the pp with 1 open net.

Takes a big man to keep calling 17 and 18 year olds derogatory names.

36 minutes ago, matt198913 said:

I don't understand the negativity about this kid. He's huge and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. Exactly what this team needs going forward 

I can understand some of the criticism and doubt given his lean 5 on 5 stats but I agree with you overall. Plus he is captain/leadership material which is something else they needed going forward given the age of the squad. Hopefully they advised him to avoid social media for a month or two after the draft because reading this negative crap all over the web would be a confidence killer for a lot of kids.

Edited by Glubki
Felt like it

46 minutes ago, Glubki said:

I can understand some of the criticism and doubt given his lean 5 on 5 stats but I agree with you overall. Plus he is captain/leadership material which is something else they needed going forward given the age of the squad. Hopefully they advised him to avoid social media for a month or two after the draft because reading this negative crap all over the web would be a confidence killer for a lot of kids.

I actually love this entire draft. They have needed size for a long time and finally drafted it. I still want them to trade Gus/Tatar and get the Dman they need. Other than that I think Holland has done a fine job to this point in the off-season. 

9 hours ago, Son of a Wing said:

Takes a big man to keep calling 17 and 18 year olds derogatory names.

He didnt get the exact hot wheels car he wanted in his happy meal, so now hes throwing a tantrum in the store and enbarrassing the rest of his family. But hey, he warned us he was gonna act like a brat if he didnt get his way, so that makes it ok!

17 hours ago, matt198913 said:

I don't understand the negativity about this kid. He's huge and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. Exactly what this team needs going forward 

It's things like him only getting 3 assists 5v5 in an entire season as a center that concerns me. Doesn't exactly scream high-end center. Hope I'm wrong. Would love to eat crow on this one, but it's hard to not think he was the wrong choice at #9.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...do you honestly think Holland will go after anyone? IMO if he wants back in the playoffs he should. But we have to shed some cap.

Its interesting bc if he shakes up the team, it will probably be with the intention of going for the playoffs. If he doesnt i think it says hes more committed to a possible tank, as he wont be able to add anything meaningful in our cap situation. 

im sure thats what Kenny suggested when he was interviewed about it at the draft, we need to get better from within so id say he's going to let the kids fight it out at camp. Id sooner go that route than have another 2 or 3 overpaid vets added. But in saying that i wouldn't be against seeing Vanek in the Winged wheel again.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

...do you honestly think Holland will go after anyone? IMO if he wants back in the playoffs he should. But we have to shed some cap.

I hope not. We have to be able to accept the fact that the playoffs are not goal anymore. I am ok with a couple 1 year deals, but this is the year I want the kids playing.

If I was Holland I would be trying to unload players. 

Here is specifically what I would be doing:

I would try to trade E for the roster spot. DO NOT buy him out, we dont need the 6 year cap hit. Trade him and retain 80% I dont care. 

I would ask Nielsen if he would waive his NMC if the trade was back to the NYI, then I would contact NYI and ask if there was any interest. If you get yes and yes, trade him for whatever.

Contact Toronto and see if there is any interest in Glendenning, I think Babs would love him as a 4th line C.

Then we can role down the middle with Z, Larkin, Helm, and Sheahan. We have no need for Nielsen or Glendening at this point.

Lastly I would try to trade Tatar and picks/prospects for a top 4 D-man. If that includes AA or Svech, so be it.

lol, this made me laugh:

From TSN.ca

Lining up

figures to be one of the most sought after free agents on the market come July 1, and you can add the Tampa Bay Lightning to the mix of teams lining up trying to sign him.

Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reported the Lightning appear to be kicking the tires on the 28-year-old blue liner.

Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman said he planned to explore free agency for potential needs, which include bolstering his blue line and adding a wing or two.

And it sounds like Tampa Bay is kicking the tires on the biggest fish in the free agent market, veteran defenseman.

But, as Smith reported, the Lightning could be hesitant to give up their newly-gained salary cap flexibility, which came at a cost for Tampa Bay earlier this off-season.

"We've done a lot here to give ourselves a little bit of flexibility," Yzerman told Smith. "We don't want to put ourselves right back in the same position if we're not confident that it's really going to make a difference."

Shattenkirk, who is ranked No. 1 on TSN Hockey’s Top UFA List, finished with 13 goals and 43 assists in 80 games split between the St. Louis Blues and Washington Capitals.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

Dallas looking mighty good. Jim Nill, now there's some brains.

If you were a Dallas fan, you would be calling for his head for missing the playoffs last year given the elite talent they have on top.

Just now, kliq said:

If you were a Dallas fan, you would be calling for his head for missing the playoffs last year given the elite talent they have on top.

Yea, but it looks like he's making moved to try to better his team. Meanwhile, Ken Holland....