• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Nashville is rumored to be looking for a top 6 forward.  I'd be calling them seeing if they'd be willing to send one of their top 4 D in exchange for Tatar, Nyquist, AA, Mantha, or Svechnikov the cornerstone of the package, with other pieces coming and going depending on which forward it would take and which D comes back.  I don't think it's a stretch to say they have 4, or even 5, guys as good or better than anyone the Wings have.

Poile has already said that he's looking for a top 6 forward (Duchene), but isn't willing to move any of his top 4 defensemen... How he expects to pull that off, I have no idea... Edit: what amato said...

But yeah, we need to be calling teams like Nashville, Anaheim, Winnipeg, Carolina, Philadelphia, etc to see if there's a deal to be made. I'm fully confident that if we go into this season without making any significant changes, we will have a good shot at Dahlin / Svechnikov in a year's time.

Edited by krsmith17

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Craig Custance was answering fan questions on reddit this morning. I'll share some highlights.

In regards to Holland's future after this coming season:

In regards to the draft:

In regards to who will start in net this season:

In regards to our future with the young guns:

In regards to upgrading the D:

More on Holland:

On Wings future:

A number of people asked about DK as well and he basically kept responding that he thinks DK is a fine D-man and he has been asked to do too much. Wings need to add to the defense around him so he can succeed.

You know that things are going to remain in neutral and Kenny is just going to move upstairs if he isn't brought back as the GM.  Even if he is president, I think he's going to have a lot of influence over whoever gets the GM title.  

In other words, SSDD.

59 minutes ago, amato said:

Can't find it quickly enough so I gave up but I read somewhere that Nashville wants a top six forward without having to trade a top 4 d man. Not sure what they have in terms of defensive prospects (probably pretty decent ones based on their recent history?) but they seem pretty set on keeping their current top 4 together for a long time.. can't blame them. 

I'd take a prospect too, sending a lesser package.  And "want to" doesn't always mean "that's all they'll do."

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I'd take a prospect too, sending a lesser package.  And "want to" doesn't always mean "that's all they'll do."

True. I just get the feeling that they'd rather continue with what they've got (maybe sign a Justin Williams or something?) than trade anyone in their top 4. But you're right, you never know. I do like the idea of taking a prospect with a lesser package.. in general, not just from the preds specifically.  

Been thinking the coming trade window. I do believe we will trade for a defenseman and the price we pay will be hefty. Probably too hefty.

Given that I believe we will be getting a top draft pick next year I hope the defender we get is young enough to be in tune with Larkin, Mantha and AA (and our picks). And hopefully those bucks wont be included in the package. I wouldn't mind sending off Tatar and/or Nyqvist.

50 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

No, No No No.Don't do it Kenny. We're already logjamed at D, no need for a 33 year old rental.

I get more and more worried about this team daley

1 minute ago, Crashnburnluder said:

Looks like were in on Daley, Hainsey, Campbell and Girardi

Pls no one tell Dabura

4 hours ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

If he's willing to return for a couple years at a reasonable salary, hell yes! Watching his shootout goals alone were worth it last season. Reminded me of another guy who was only here for one season eight years ago. Should really try to hang on to those types when they come along...

Been hearing reports that Detroit is interested in guys like Hainsey and Giradi.

My ******* god, please no.

I hope these reports are all untrue about which D men we're looking at. Just seem all awful decisions to be making and a bunch of guys in the decline that will certainly be overpaid. I really, really hope these rumours aren't true but if they are.... Holland seriously needs to go.

32 minutes ago, brett said:

omg im not racist but if we get daley im done 

maybe giradi for CHEAP who knows he made that kind of money for some reason maybe just needs a change of scenery 

Why would that make you a racist? He just isn't very good at hockey. Neither is Girardi so we should stay away from both...

Edited by BringBack19

Been hearing reports that Detroit is interested in guys like Hainsey and Giradi.
My ******* god, please no.
I hope these reports are all untrue about which D men we're looking at. Just seem all awful decisions to be making and a bunch of guys in the decline that will certainly be overpaid. I really, really hope these rumours aren't true but if they are.... Holland seriously needs to go.

They respeck da process

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Read that the Wings want a veteran defenseman to bridge the gap between our 9 defense draft picks the last 2 years and when they can play. I'd rather just tank for those years than get stuck with another bad contract. No to Daley or any of those guys unless it's 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, brett said:

omg im not racist but if we get daley im done 

maybe giradi for CHEAP who knows he made that kind of money for some reason maybe just needs a change of scenery 

About the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here...