• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DickieDunn

Off-season moves

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What isn't technically considered rebuilding?

Obviously Holland is going to say his goal is to make the playoffs, but without significant changes, that won't be and shouldn't be the case. And significant changes doesn't mean signing a bunch of veteran UFA's. Changes need to be made via trade. This team needs a proper rebuild, and I'm not confident Holland has what it's going to take to get us through that...

That's what I mean, if he's signing vets and trying to get into playoffs then it doesn't look like he's rebuilding, not in the traditional sense. Looks like he's trying to upgrade to be a competitor. 

All depends on what the contract is.

Edited by kickazz

That technically isn't considered rebuilding. 
Besides, Holland said his goal next year is to make playoffs. So again, doesn't sound like a rebuild.
I'll share my thoughts more once we see what the deal is (if there actually is one)

That's the problem. Either Holland or ownership don't understand where this team really is. This isn't LA or Montreal who underachieved in the regular season and got hot at the right time and made a run. "Just get in" is a myth. They need a rebuild. They have some good starting pieces in Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Svech, plus Tatar, Nyquist, etc., with Mrazek as a potential bounce back. The goal needs to be build a contender, not just make the playoffs as first round cannon fodder

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

That's what I mean, if he's signing vets and trying to get into playoffs then it doesn't look like he's rebuilding, not in the traditional sense. Looks like he's trying to upgrade to be a competitor. 

All depends on what the contract is.

That's the problem. We should be rebuilding, and signing multiple veterans isn't the proper way to go about that. I'd be okay with one of the rumoured defensemen (Daley) on a one year, small cap contract, IF Kronwall or Ericsson aren't ready to go. I'd also be okay with one UFA forward on a similar contract, for the sole purpose to flip them at the deadline. The main priority though should be for the kids get a legit shot with ample ice time. Larkin, Mantha and Athanasiou should take on bigger roles, Sproul and Frk should get a legit opportunity out of the gate, and Svechnikov, Bertuzzi and maybe even Hicketts should get another look at some point next season.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

That's the problem. Either Holland or ownership don't understand where this team really is. This isn't LA or Montreal ....

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's the problem. We should be rebuilding, and signing multiple veterans isn't the proper way to go about that. I'd be okay with .....

Gentleman, we shall find out in a couple of days. 

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

A healthy Howard, bounce back season by Mrazek and Larkin, and a few steady Dmen to shoulder Kronwall and Ericssons burden, and we got a shot at starting the streak up again boys, all aboard Mr. Hollands wild ride!

Either that or...

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Basically hitting all the points there. To answer about why he's not letting the kids play; probably because they aren't really good enough to be top 4. 

Well and that's my thought.  They don't have confidence in Sproul making it at all and they don't see Ouellet in the top 4.  I just find it odd that Ericsson broke his wrist back in February and we haven't heard a thing about that since.  It's all been quiet on Kronwall as well.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The worst thing about signing Daley, is big dick "the undertaker" Dylan is just one more stepping stone from achieving #1 status on this team. Was disappointed we didnt draft more Dylans this year. 

We'd have to come up with more size variety then. 

i know i might get alot of slack but would anyone be interested in Jagr for a year? not saying he would tear it up here but to be a amazing vet to push the kids alittle he didnt do to bad with fla

Just now, DickieDunn said:

Why would he leave Florida? Nice weather, hot chicks.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

It's probably not his decision. I don't think he's actually worried anyway.. someone will sign him. 

18 minutes ago, amato said:

It's probably not his decision. I don't think he's actually worried anyway.. someone will sign him. 

I think if the Sharks lose one of Thornton or Marleau they should sign him. I'd like to see Thornton setting up Jagr, and Hertl can play with his hero.

4 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

I think if the Sharks lose one of Thornton or Marleau they should sign him. I'd like to see Thornton setting up Jagr, and Hertl can play with his hero.

That'd be cool. I think they're going to let both Thornton and Marleau walk though.. both are getting plenty of interest from aroind the league. I don't really know why but I keep thinking jagr will end up in Vegas. And that'd be great haha 

1 minute ago, amato said:

That'd be cool. I think they're going to let both Thornton and Marleau walk though.. both are getting plenty of interest from aroind the league. I don't really know why but I keep thinking jagr will end up in Vegas. And that'd be great haha 

I think/hope Thornton will stay. Seems like Marleau has wanted out the past few seasons. A man with a gambling problem playing in Vegas. Yikes haha.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd take Jagr too

yea he wouldnt bother me on this team if there is one guy who can still go its jagr love to see him on a line with AA 

Edited by sjr2012